TWM Warranty

Re: TWM Warranty

Welbo;612694 The best way to do it from my experience is to send your car to PML first for proper diagonistic and then print out the problem and pass it to the TWM service advisor. .... All in I spent $250 for PML Diagonistic service and $50 for alignment and another $600 for warranty coverage. total $850 vs $7800 by PML or about $5500 by Boss Motorsport. So I benefited from this insurance.[/QUOTE said:
What's does this diagnostic service encompass? Is it a full diagnostic test of all the vehicle components? Or just a diagnostic test of a specific part eg gearbox?

Dear bros,

Was contemplating to sign up with TWM for their Silver package for my 2006 E60, but now half-hearted after reading all the experiences (more bad than good) in this thread.

Like what some of you said, to purchase a TWM Warranty is a form of insurance, but if you are purchasing from a shaky and bad 'insurer', then it defeats the purpose. Fundermentally it's already not viable.

Any other viable options/suggestions (other than TWM)?

For now, I'm still enjoying my new ride and hope it will stay that way... :p

satruz;665229 said:
Dear bros,

Was contemplating to sign up with TWM for their Silver package for my 2006 E60, but now half-hearted after reading all the experiences (more bad than good) in this thread.

Like what some of you said, to purchase a TWM Warranty is a form of insurance, but if you are purchasing from a shaky and bad 'insurer', then it defeats the purpose. Fundermentally it's already not viable.

Any other viable options/suggestions (other than TWM)?

For now, I'm still enjoying my new ride and hope it will stay that way... :p

I bought a 3-year warranty from them last year for about $1.7k. So far my claims for engine oil leak and a/c condenser coil leak were hassle free. I believe the replacement cost for the condenser coil is already worth more than my intial outlay, so the next 2 years are literally free coverage for me.

IMHO, if you intend to keep the car for a while then it's worth getting the warranty. If you average it out, you are paying less than $50 a month, which is not even enough for half a tank of petrol.

Please take note of the different scope of coverage before you select you package, e.g. the a/c is covered under silver package but not under bronze... I only found this out when my a/c broke down recently, fortunately I paid for silver last year.

I bought my TWM warranty 2 weeks ago did my first claim 2 days ago for replacement of my door lock did it at BVO and it was done within a day and TWM paid for the repairs. Good service from BVO i would recommend bros here with TWM warranty to go to BVO if any warranty issues if you are not comfortable with TWM performing the repairs. ( Do note that TWM will still have to know the issue and give BVO the go ahead to repair, there may be occasions that you may have to pay first if you want it to be fast or worst case scenario TWM would want to perform repairs on your car themselves then you have to send back to TWM)

I had terrible experience with the customer service and quotation from them! Unethical business and unreasonable customer service! I'm not flaming them because of personal vendetta but really because of the super negative experience.

Had sent the car for inspection. First inspection found 10 problems and second inspection 1 week later found only 5 yet they didn't honour the last inspection result and quoted me based on the 10 problems! Does that mean there is a huge discrepancy in the way they conduct their inspection? Does it also mean if you don't spend money at my place first, I won't cover you?

Their ex-service centres whom I spoke with had given me so much insights about the way they operate. I rather service my ride at other place ....

sotongking;680797 said:
I had terrible experience with the customer service and quotation from them! Unethical business and unreasonable customer service! I'm not flaming them because of personal vendetta but really because of the super negative experience.

Had sent the car for inspection. First inspection found 10 problems and second inspection 1 week later found only 5 yet they didn't honour the last inspection result and quoted me based on the 10 problems! Does that mean there is a huge discrepancy in the way they conduct their inspection? Does it also mean if you don't spend money at my place first, I won't cover you?

Their ex-service centres whom I spoke with had given me so much insights about the way they operate. I rather service my ride at other place ....

Can you share some of the insights with us?

Most of the problems are already on this post. Try googling for twm warranty. You will see more. I have no personal grudges against their staff but the way they are serving clients pissed me off. Do speak to people at Boss, etc to know more. :)

Unless the warraty is paid for, it is not worth getting . I got mine thrown in with my car so it was not too big a loss. I had an oil leak from the front drive shaft to the engine. They end up fixing my gear box gasket , which was not leaking, they spoilt my filling nut by using some in conventional tool. Now my gear box cover leaking. So instead of fixing my initial problem I end up with 2 new problems. And the original problem still persist.

worst nightmare from workshop :verysad:

tlkchew;680958 said:
Unless the warraty is paid for, it is not worth getting . I got mine thrown in with my car so it was not too big a loss. I had an oil leak from the front drive shaft to the engine. They end up fixing my gear box gasket , which was not leaking, they spoilt my filling nut by using some in conventional tool. Now my gear box cover leaking. So instead of fixing my initial problem I end up with 2 new problems. And the original problem still persist.

I had my gearbox valvebody serviced,passenger side mirror motors replaced (dont know new or old but it works),brake vaccum pump with hose replaced (brand new),1 ignition wire replaced (brand new)by TWM.
I paid $700 for their warranty program,on top of that 1 free servicing.From my personal experience damm good deal.

A simple aircon problem I need to leave the car for 3 days. And they cannot fix themselves need to send to sub- con. Hopefully I can get my car back tomorrow

I was told to leave my car there for 1 week just to service my gearbox at the branch. Anyway till today, nobody from their management revert on my case. What does it prove about their service level and attitude towards client - way below average!

any one has warranty from Rev Powered located at Bukit Timah?
just bought a ride and dealer provide warranty of one year is covered by that workshop.
any experience with them?

I bought my E60 and included warranty by TWM from car dealer, but was told that i need to perform my regular service from them. Any idea how much are they normally charging for regular service. Any recommended TWM outlet to go?

BVO @ Blk 15 Sin Ming Industrial Estate Sector A #01-111

Mdazrin;687468 said:
I bought my E60 and included warranty by TWM from car dealer, but was told that i need to perform my regular service from them. Any idea how much are they normally charging for regular service. Any recommended TWM outlet to go?

Can we go to an auth workshop like BVO to do repairs n servicing? Seems like a fair bit of issues with their own in house mech.

CityTypeZ;681098 said:
A simple aircon problem I need to leave the car for 3 days. And they cannot fix themselves need to send to sub- con. Hopefully I can get my car back tomorrow

just curious, did u chk how long PML would have taken and how much it'll cost?

ClemZ;688052 said:
just curious, did u chk how long PML would have taken and how much it'll cost?

I have the same problem and my car is in the workshop since Wed, i tried to call them yesterday to find out more, but was referred and referred but no concrete answer... sigh

I called my own workshop who also does BMW servicing, and they kind of know whats wrong with my aircon (assessed evaporator coil problem), this TWM needs like so many days to determine this fault. I seriously think that they are trying to use delay tactics and hope that we can't wait and pay to do it on our own, instead of claiming thru the warranty! God damn it.

Anyone knows how we can deal with such behaviour? Its so unprofessional...:errrrrrr:

rustytay;690278 said:
I have the same problem and my car is in the workshop since Wed, i tried to call them yesterday to find out more, but was referred and referred but no concrete answer... sigh

I called my own workshop who also does BMW servicing, and they kind of know whats wrong with my aircon (assessed evaporator coil problem), this TWM needs like so many days to determine this fault. I seriously think that they are trying to use delay tactics and hope that we can't wait and pay to do it on our own, instead of claiming thru the warranty! God damn it.

Anyone knows how we can deal with such behaviour? Its so unprofessional...:errrrrrr:
Bang Table Bro....
Those guys who handle ur car (wearing the white T-shirts) can't do jack-shit...they just Tai-che here and there....
demand to talk to the manager....Try to talk to Mr Toh....kinda of reasonable...and is able to get things sorted....and this is TWM aka Khang Auto...nothing gets done until u make noise....and a simple thing can drag 2-3 days. As an alternative try BVO is is much more responsive and proactive...they are TWM approved/authrosized workshop....
BVO Auto is located at:
Blk 15 Sin Ming Industrial Estate #01-111
Singapore 575673

Tel 6455 1566.

hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member