TWM Warranty

Re: TWM Warranty

Hi all,

Went for a check last week for my 2nd hand 320i and was told with a lists of items to change before I can buy their warranty, shd I do that? pls advise.
But am thinking if I change all according to their suggestion, why do I still need their warranty? Total cost close to 5k

$5k repair job? it's as good as you warrant your own ride.

SeeStars;692376 said:
Hi all,

Went for a check last week for my 2nd hand 320i and was told with a lists of items to change before I can buy their warranty, shd I do that? pls advise.
But am thinking if I change all according to their suggestion, why do I still need their warranty? Total cost close to 5k

thats what i was thinking. get everything change and the warranty do not cover wear and tear... haha

bro,

i hv somehow a similar incident. apparently had problems when starting my engine. there was a very long cranking. close to 15 sec before it get started.
drove to twm approve workshop BVO as honestly i only trust them. my ride was f10 and only 3 mths old. spoke to bernard and was told ideally try going to kwangauto 1st. as BVO at times hv issues claiming back the parts and payment from them. did as told and in total spend 3 trips (total of 2 weeks.)

finally they gave up and drove my car to BVO. bernard took over and from there things move really fast. with bernard's help my ride is now perfect.

in short, the main frim for twm is kwng auto, if they cannot solve it pls suggest to them to send in to BVO.

Kwang auto their engineer are from china apprenticeship most are clueless apart from normal servicing. Otherwise they will screw up the repair job. Last time one of the mechanic cracked my engine crank case cover while removing it to change the seal . Ended up use putty to glue back. Now after just2 years its leaking again

there are less and less "good" workshop in spore :(

tlkchew;692537 said:
Kwang auto their engineer are from china apprenticeship most are clueless apart from normal servicing. Otherwise they will screw up the repair job. Last time one of the mechanic cracked my engine crank case cover while removing it to change the seal . Ended up use putty to glue back. Now after just2 years its leaking again

sportster;578819 said:
Went to TWM serangoon branch, for 1st sevice. Told me my batt is going to go kapuk soon, though I don't feel any problem not cranking the engine for 3 days span. Reject their offer $330 for changing batt, told the mechanic, want to check out the price. Mechanic reply people driving BMW will not claim it's expensve. Really piss off and told him, I rather pay PML premium.

It's been more than a year, my battery still going strong

SeeStars;692376 said:
Hi all,

If you read my previous post, you would realise this. Try sending to another branch to have it tested and you will see different results. There is no systematic way of doing the assessment. I was quoted almost like 3K to replace the problems in my E90 PFL. After so much problem with TWM, I went to another location at AMK Autopoint and got everything done for less and I was told the replacement would easily last more than 2 years without problem.

Don't waste your money with those scammers. One of my friend had his warrantied at TWM but things like fan belt, etc are not covered as it's considered wear and tear. Rubbish...

Hi all,

Went to the TWM workshop in Sin Ming and it's closed!!

Does anyone know what's happening? Heard from a affiliate that TWM claims now suspended and not sure if will continue.

Funnyman8;716893 said:
Hi all,

Went to the TWM workshop in Sin Ming and it's closed!!

Does anyone know what's happening? Heard from a affiliate that TWM claims now suspended and not sure if will continue.

Hohoho.... game over?

I have a package with them. Don't mind trasferring it over to MA.... hahaha

MapleLeaf;717452 said:
Hohoho.... game over?

I have a package with them. Don't mind trasferring it over to MA.... hahaha

Can share , what is 'MA' ? I also have warranty package for both my cars . Was at TWM this morning , main gate was closed . Check with my car dealer , seem like 2 directors of TWM in conflict now n a number of staffs have ' resign' .

Wow.... seems tua ki..... all these warranty given by PI will be in jeopardy

my friend was looking at bimmers...i wanted ask him see PI..now no need to bother already....

i'm dumbfounded that the whole of singapore only got TWM warranty for PI rides ?

st8800;717639 said:
Wow.... seems tua ki..... all these warranty given by PI will be in jeopardy

Puffer;717642 said:
my friend was looking at bimmers...i wanted ask him see PI..now no need to bother already....

Golf-mass;717514 said:
Can share , what is 'MA' ? I also have warranty package for both my cars . Was at TWM this morning , main gate was closed . Check with my car dealer , seem like 2 directors of TWM in conflict now n a number of staffs have ' resign' .

MA: Munich Automobiles - the authorised agent for BMW M series.

Golf-mass;717514 said:
... Check with my car dealer , seem like 2 directors of TWM in conflict now n a number of staffs have ' resign' .

Looking at their reputation, it wouldn't be surprising that all these were staged. Maybe the next step for TWM is wind up their biz, and reopen another company with the same nature of biz... Both directors become BFF again... :laughlik:

wt_know;717693 said:
i'm dumbfounded that the whole of singapore only got TWM warranty for PI rides ?

My friend got his ride from one of the site sponsors here, they do the warranty under their own workshop leh... He says they're not affected by what's going on with TWM.. Are there any bros here whose cars are not under TWM warranty?

wt_know;717693 said:

Of course not all... but a big majority will kana...

I think I will just forget about TWM and move my servicing and trouble-shooting over to BVO.

They are ok rite? Any bro got comments appreciate some guidance....

Funnyman8;717779 said:
I think I will just forget about TWM and move my servicing and trouble-shooting over to BVO.

They are ok rite? Any bro got comments appreciate some guidance....

Many workshops can service BMW. But none sells the financial warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s666boston

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back