TWM Warranty

Re: TWM Warranty

what was your sister driving? bmw too?

MapleLeaf;567627 said:
1. PML does not sell extended warranty.
2. I have used TWM (aka Khang Motors) for several of my family's cars. Have been very happy with their service and ease of claims. My sister was also very impressed that TWM seems to be very generous. Dont understand why the negative feedbacks on them.

Good to heard some positive feedback. Did you send to BVO or BOSS for servicing?

Who would post negative feedback if the experience is good? Been back three times and they keep doing the reset and ask me to monitor. :argue: even Boss now dont want to be their warranty service centre due to payment issues. i went to BVO...said the same thing to me...u sure TWM allow you to claim? sigh.....

My sister was driving a 4-years Beetle. First six months (with TWM) repaired five times at TWM, all different unrelated issues. My E46 was covered by them immediately after the PML 3 years. Within the next 10 months, i replaced power-window mechanism, then another door window motor. Replaced a brake pump, and finally replaced the whole radiator. In fact, i had so many things replaced that their insurance finally send a staff down to check my car (yup, they are covered by re-insurance, hence no worry about replacing anythign necessary). In between, had a few minor parts replaced. I bot a five-year package (about $2,100) thinking that i wil keep my car for ten years. Unfortunately, bcos of the low COE last year, i changed to E60 and killed the E46.

Many of you know the E46 is a very problematic car.

do u think tat by paying less den $1000 for the warranty for a yr, they will really repair your faulty parts for u?

my car is currently warrantied by them, i brought my car to them to do a servicing the first day i got my car. I can 100% say tat they know NUTS abt BMW. i can easily named few incidents.

1.the technician put in 5 l of engine into my e60 when i need 8l. how i found out? after driving for a month, a serice light lighted up indicating to me it needs more engine oil!! oh they did not even know how to reset the service mileage!!

2. they claim tat they will warranty your air con compressor blah blah blah, my compressor clearly went kaput after few months(intermittent hot & cold air), i brought my car to them few times but they simpy refuse to change one for me, they say it is like tat wan!!! i had to bring to somewhere else to do it myself and pay myself!!

though my car is still under warranty by them, i have since changed to another workshop in sinming, heck their warranty!!

i really think the bros here who have issues with them shd come together and go to them together and bang on their tablesand demand for what you want! if u go alone, chances are u will kena bully by them!!!

privi;568624 said:
do u think tat by paying less den $1000 for the warranty for a yr, they will really repair your faulty parts for u?[QUOTE\]
I have similar thoughts too. No matter what they will make things difficult.

Same as PML, first 3 yrs "everything normal". After that, everything must change.

But I guess that's part and parcel of this industry. They also need to make profit and survive yah. But of course if we are unhappy, we can walk away.
(And buy Audi. Hitmee say one :D.)

Hi,

Recently I had a good experience with TWM, my 5 years old e60 caught the transmission slam bug which had harsh downshift before it stopped. see in this forum where a lot of brother who got this had even problems to be fixed by the normal channel. TWM managed to fix this within 2 visit promptly, but what impress me they could replace parts within the valve body. And get tehe thing fixed within 3 days span. I saw that in the forum, lots of them who get this problem in fact spent a lot of time and effort to fix this. For sure, next car I will still subscribe to the warranty, just imagine how much it will cost me for this gearbox problem.

good for you !
gearbox up lorry is indeed costly

xdriver123;569695 said:
Hi,

Recently I had a good experience with TWM, my 5 years old e60 caught the transmission slam bug which had harsh downshift before it stopped. see in this forum where a lot of brother who got this had even problems to be fixed by the normal channel. TWM managed to fix this within 2 visit promptly, but what impress me they could replace parts within the valve body. And get tehe thing fixed within 3 days span. I saw that in the forum, lots of them who get this problem in fact spent a lot of time and effort to fix this. For sure, next car I will still subscribe to the warranty, just imagine how much it will cost me for this gearbox problem.

xdriver123;569695 said:
Hi,

Good for you to share this positive experience at TWN.

Hi,

One of the rare positive feedback on TWM warranty. If there are more positive as compared against negative feedback, I will sign up TWM warranty.

As for me, buying the warranty from TWM is liken to buying an insurance... it is to cover those expensive parts such as gearbox, a/c compressor. So far, I have good and not-so-good experiences with them but overall, I still have not regretted buying it.

In fact, the first few mths after I'd bought the warranty, I changed a few things FOC. So I have actually recovered some of cost paid for the 2-year warranty.

Hi Bros, I'm new to this forum and my current F10 is under warranty by TWM..

I'm surprised when I saw one of the reply that mentioned that the E60 needed 8llitres
of engine oil... I just sent my F10 for a 1000km oil change and they changed only 5litres...???

No wonder I noticed the Idrive engine oil check after servicing too a little longer to indicate OK..

I better give them a call to check... If it does require 8 litres, I'm going to bang table man...

How ignorant can they be...

Ever since I joined this forum, I learned quite a lot of things.. Cheers to you guys for the contribution...

Sorry to hijack this thread. Who to go for servicing for 5 year old BM? Any recommendations? I have been going to PML. Very Ex.

bmw_fanatic;571233 said:
Hi Bros, I'm new to this forum and my current F10 is under warranty by TWM..

I'm surprised when I saw one of the reply that mentioned that the E60 needed 8llitres
of engine oil... I just sent my F10 for a 1000km oil change and they changed only 5litres...???

No wonder I noticed the Idrive engine oil check after servicing too a little longer to indicate OK..

I better give them a call to check... If it does require 8 litres, I'm going to bang table man...

How ignorant can they be...

Ever since I joined this forum, I learned quite a lot of things.. Cheers to you guys for the contribution...

523i is 2.5l, it need 6.5l of oil.

tom_ting;572369 said:
523i is 2.5l, it need 6.5l of oil.
E60 & F10 uses N52. So, F10 523 should use 8L instead of 6.5L.

Many thanks to Tom_Ting and Davidtch for the reply..

TWM sent me an email mentioning the F10 523i requires 6.5L.. and so why did they only refill
5.5litres instead of 6.5L when I went for the engine oil change... ?

They will have a lot of explanation to do.. I noticed the engine oil level indicator from the iDrive took quite a while before
indicating the level also...

Anyway i will be meeting with them and I will ask them where they get this figure of 6.5litres info

Will post results after the meeting and hope information could be helpful to all F10 owners..

Cheers ... :goodup:

Last edited by a moderator:

had my volvo with TWM, so far had claimed alternator, oil filter housing, drive-shaft.
i do agreed its a bit difficult to claim but if u stick your claim to the same Service Assistance, u shouldn't had a problem.
had to agreed with some bro here, some of their china mechanic know nothing much of conti cars, some base on memory to reset our service record thru OBD device
as they can't read whats on the device but they do have 1 or 2 local senoirs to guide if they r free:uhhh:.
BTW they started of with repairing gear box(this is what their good at only)
my main focus for their warranty its gear box/ alternator/drive-shaft . if for electronic items u will vomit blood.
just my 2 cent opinion
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s666boston

Latest posts