BMW vs Audi

Re: BMW vs Audi

Just as a look into their colorful past...

CPIB: Cases involving public listed companies

Quoted Case

Singleton Marc Alexandra and Patrick Pow : ex-Directors of Performance Motors Limited

Singleton Marc Alexandra, the ex-Managing Director of Performance Motors Limited, was found to have accepted designer watches and handphone worth $150,538.93 given to him by the Managing Director of Teo Tian Seng Motor Credit Pte Ltd (TTS), an authorised BMW dealer appointed by Performance Motors Limited. The Managing Director had given the watches with the intention of inducing Singleton Marc Alexandra to continue awarding TTS the dealership for BMW cars. In addition, Singleton Marc Alexandra also asked for a bribe of $78,000 from the said dealer. In 2005, Singleton Marc Alexendra was charged in court for 14 counts of corruptly obtaining the above gratifications from Teo Tian Seng Motor Credit Pte Ltd and, after a protracted court trial, he was convicted and fined a sum of $185,000.

Another senior management staff of Performance Motors Limited, its Director of Sales & Marketing, Patrick Pow Kwok Yun, was also charged in court for corruptly receiving gratification in the form of gifts totaling $5,553/- and a loan of $60,000/- from Teo Tian Seng Motor Credit Pte Ltd (TTS). Patrick Pow was also found to have obtained loans totalling $82,000/- from Performance Motor's appointed sole finance agent, Skyway Credit & Leasing Pte Ltd (Skyway). Patrick Pow was charged in court for 8 counts of corruption offences under Section 6(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, Cap 241. He was convicted and fined $120,000, in addition to being ordered to pay a penalty of $142,000.

Last edited by a moderator:

If PML is able to up their service levels, how many more bimmers will they sell?

etan1;565639 said:
If PML is able to up their service levels, how many more bimmers will they sell?

Plenty more. But seeing how tarnished their name is now, it appears to me that it will take more than just their service levels to sell more cars now. Probably a name change and a complete management overhaul from A-Z. The perception of PML and BMW cars does not bode well with many these days...

But in Malaysia, service from all the car distributors are equally shit so the question there is: "Which is less shit?" haha

How about high speed drive at 150-200 (e.g. round a bend or overtaking), is there a diff between A4 1.8's steering precision/FWD handling vs e90's RWD/steering response?
If equally good I sure go for Audi, interior and exterior design both very swee.
Got angbao somemore, adrian26 say one :p

Last edited by a moderator:

adrian26;565540 said:
I have an A4 and an E64 630 convertible so here's my experience with both makes.

My wife and I test drove the E93 320 (and others like Camry, CRV, etc) before we bought the A4 and both of us felt that the A4 was better both for interior and drive. I'm not a Schumacher sort who drives at the knife edge so cornering at speed etc was not a consideration. Nevertheless, we felt that the pick-up from standing start was better for A4 and more importantly the cabin noise levels were streets ahead. We thought the 320's engine was too noisy - and it was a shitty noisy if you know what I mean. I'd pay for A Lambo or Ferrari engine noise but not for a 2-liter ...

Most importantly, the servicing levels for Audi are miles and miles ahead of PML. I always get invited to events by Premium, they send me CNY ang pows, give me $200 voucher for servicing, etc etc. And this is for buying their standard as shit model ... As for PML, what do I get out of them from buying one of their top end cars? Nothing. No invites, no ang pows ... not even a fart in my direction. Look, I'm not a hard up guy for these sort of things but if one place gives you first class service and the other ignores you, who are you going to go to in the future? It just says something about Premium that they give a crap about me to do this and that for me ...

Last anecdote - I recently serviced the A4 for its 20,000km mark and got tip top service from Premium. Apart from the standard stuff that they do, they gave me the option of doing other things like changing air con filter, etc. They guy actually said that it's probably a bit early to be doing this, but some customers prefer to have it done at 20k interval so air con is cooler. Do you get such transparency at PML? I haven't! During the day when I left the car with them, they called me on my mobile and told me that they had actually finished the servicing. But when the mechanic drove it from the service bay to park it, he heard the engine was a bit rough. So he took it back to look and see what's the problem - turns out the turbo valve is a bit loose so they replaced it with a new one under warranty. As for PML, I feel that when I take my car there for regular servicing, the service is never efficient and is just on the side of acceptable. It's cold and calculating, and I feel that I'm only there to drop my car off, pay, then take my car back. That's it ...

So when it comes to changing my 630 in the next 1-2 years, I'm 99% sure that I'm going to be looking at something non-BMW for my new ride. R8 perhaps?

Apologies for length.

to each his own, i guess. service standards matter to you rather than the car.

interestingly, i switched from audi to bmw cos i think it is a better drive.

you want a quieter inetrior, try the IS250. the japs are the best in the dept.

cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetmiami

Latest posts

Back