BMW vs Audi

Re: BMW vs Audi

wt_know;563940 said:
audi has less mod ? sure or not ... in vagsg the mod virus very scary leh
all anyhow up the turbo ... hehe
your mod diary in vagsg was impressive too !

:) you got see my mod list? hee.

like i said, it is picking up, but not too many tuners then when i started.

oh, one thing about premium is that they DO MODS and they are covered by warranty.

i did my stage 1 ecu, sline suspension and BBK with them then.

:)

i went from BMW to Audi to BMW, n maybe someday back to Audi again who knows?!

to me, its bimmer for drive n audi for interior =]

joydivision;565017 said:

If you are really spending so much time driving, then interior is important isn't it?

pengful;565023 said:
If you are really spending so much time driving, then interior is important isn't it?

the same logic could also apply - if u r really spending so much time driving, then the drive must also be important? =]

One man's meat is another man's poison :laughlik:

Last edited by a moderator:

joydivision;565017 said:

why bimmer = bmw?? another name for it??

i have an A4 and e93 325. IMHO, A4 interior is truely updated and nice, too bad the idrive for 3 series doesn't come standard unlike A4. Power wise, i still feel that A4 gives more punch on dynamic mode due to its turbo. Nevertheless, bimmers' steering gives more feedback and you can feel the roads more substantially. 320 Vs A4, i say A4 is better and its DRL attracts people. :)

I have an A4 and an E64 630 convertible so here's my experience with both makes.

My wife and I test drove the E93 320 (and others like Camry, CRV, etc) before we bought the A4 and both of us felt that the A4 was better both for interior and drive. I'm not a Schumacher sort who drives at the knife edge so cornering at speed etc was not a consideration. Nevertheless, we felt that the pick-up from standing start was better for A4 and more importantly the cabin noise levels were streets ahead. We thought the 320's engine was too noisy - and it was a shitty noisy if you know what I mean. I'd pay for A Lambo or Ferrari engine noise but not for a 2-liter ...

Most importantly, the servicing levels for Audi are miles and miles ahead of PML. I always get invited to events by Premium, they send me CNY ang pows, give me $200 voucher for servicing, etc etc. And this is for buying their standard as shit model ... As for PML, what do I get out of them from buying one of their top end cars? Nothing. No invites, no ang pows ... not even a fart in my direction. Look, I'm not a hard up guy for these sort of things but if one place gives you first class service and the other ignores you, who are you going to go to in the future? It just says something about Premium that they give a crap about me to do this and that for me ...

Last anecdote - I recently serviced the A4 for its 20,000km mark and got tip top service from Premium. Apart from the standard stuff that they do, they gave me the option of doing other things like changing air con filter, etc. They guy actually said that it's probably a bit early to be doing this, but some customers prefer to have it done at 20k interval so air con is cooler. Do you get such transparency at PML? I haven't! During the day when I left the car with them, they called me on my mobile and told me that they had actually finished the servicing. But when the mechanic drove it from the service bay to park it, he heard the engine was a bit rough. So he took it back to look and see what's the problem - turns out the turbo valve is a bit loose so they replaced it with a new one under warranty. As for PML, I feel that when I take my car there for regular servicing, the service is never efficient and is just on the side of acceptable. It's cold and calculating, and I feel that I'm only there to drop my car off, pay, then take my car back. That's it ...

So when it comes to changing my 630 in the next 1-2 years, I'm 99% sure that I'm going to be looking at something non-BMW for my new ride. R8 perhaps?

Apologies for length.

Wow, seems like many here are very unhappy with PML. I just got my ride though so I've never experienced PML service. I intend to go there to get my door creeks fixed on my next servicing, having second thoughts now...

I'm going to dig deeper into Audi cars now. I'm still swayed towards RWD cars though... And quattro is quite a bit more expensive...

I think you're right in pinpointing the cause here - it's not exactly the BMW cars that are the problem (though with the base A4 vs. 320/325 it may be). I am very happy with the quality of my 630, the driving, the handling, the quality of the interior, etc. ... it's PML that is the problem for me. Everything else being equal among the cars, it's now Premium makes the difference and that is what has swayed me to buy Audis in the future.

Thats why, all of you shoudl convert to AUDI next time. My colleague in USA also sold his 550i and bot an S5. Mai Tu Liao.

As Topgear says BMW are only for cocks.

PA's mindset for service and customer retention has certainly made a quantum leap in the recent years.

Ahbengdriver;565595 said:
Thats why, all of you shoudl convert to AUDI next time. My colleague in USA also sold his 550i and bot an S5. Mai Tu Liao.

As Topgear says BMW are only for cocks.

Wahahahahahaha....

adrian26;565594 said:
I think you're right in pinpointing the cause here - it's not exactly the BMW cars that are the problem (though with the base A4 vs. 320/325 it may be). I am very happy with the quality of my 630, the driving, the handling, the quality of the interior, etc. ... it's PML that is the problem for me. Everything else being equal among the cars, it's now Premium makes the difference and that is what has swayed me to buy Audis in the future.

sime darby must really work on improving its services.. need a big revamp.. :biggun:

adrian26;565594 said:

Marc Singleton has worked in the devils hole before. He knows exactly what is their weakness. And he's hitting them right smack where it hurts. HARD.

dantito;565620 said:
sime darby must really work on improving its services.. need a big revamp.. :biggun:
I say a complete management restructure for both PML and BMW Asia if things need to be going anywhere but north.

dantito;565620 said:
They nvr improve 1. Check our bro across the bridge. Auto Bavaria also give bad service.

davidtch;565630 said:
They nvr improve 1. Check our bro across the bridge. Auto Bavaria also give bad service.

But they will be ok because "Malaysia Boleh!!!" :thumbsup:

If Premium were to run a promotion targetted at existing bimmer owners, I'm sure the conversion rate will be very high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back