2010 - new 5 series pricing

Re: 2010 - new 5 series pricing

kinggo;530703 said:
Does the 523i and 523i High car come with a CD changer? It's not mentioned ..... so I guess not.
Anyway, thumbdrive is much better.

Not mentioned in any of the catalogues. Standard spec appears to be either a CD drive or DVD drive (for Navi Pro) only. 6-DVD changer is a cost option.

Slater;530669 said:
this is for E89, but the concept is the same. i personally tried it on the 1 series as well with M suspensions, car feels so much alive as the suspensions r constantly tweaking to counter ur body roll

hope it helps

Thanks. Does that mean that the M suspension for the 1-series (and, similarly, for the F10) utilises EDC as well? That would probably explain why you cannot spec the M suspension together with DDC for the F10, although such a combination appears to be possible for the E89.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but would appreciate any advice on whether it would be preferable to:

(a) to upgrade the base spec sound system to the HiFi loudspeaker system or the HiFi Professional; or

(b) go aftermarket, and would one get better sound for the equivalent of the $2250/3740 being asked for the above options?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Jason, appreaciate it..

Hi all, please refer to the my thread in the Site Sponser folder or PM me, tks

Jason8822;530754 said:
Send a msg to Kelvin of First Automobile, one of the sponsors here.
They can bring in 528

bimmernic;530616 said:
Indeed. No wood trim, no hi fi loudspeaker system, no 18" wheels for the base:errrrrrr:.

Park Assistant is not that expensive in the overall scheme of things. Interestingly, you cannot order Park Assistant without ordering Navi Business/Professional as well.

Seems like the F10 is a cost down project from BMW perspective, but marketed gloriusly to reap in higher profit margin

Merlin_sg;530777 said:
Seems like the F10 is a cost down project from BMW perspective, but marketed gloriusly to reap in higher profit margin
not if u buy the highline. some comsumers just want the car for its engine and will not be willing to spend on extra frills. hence the non highline to cater for these group. even for the 320, they had the highline and non highline version. non highline does not even have climate control. some just want a bimmer at as low a cost as possible

will wait until PML throw in auto-mirror and sunroof .... kakakaka

Slater;530782 said:
not if u buy the highline. some comsumers just want the car for its engine and will not be willing to spend on extra frills. hence the non highline to cater for these group. even for the 320, they had the highline and non highline version. non highline does not even have climate control. some just want a bimmer at as low a cost as possible

wt_know;530798 said:
will wait until PML throw in auto-mirror and sunroof .... kakakaka
then u slowly wait lorr. hehe.

seriously, if think so much no need buy liao. just ask urself if u need those stuff on the non highline version.

so what will be the spec of the last batch of E60 sold since it's like in between specs?

I dun have GPS, roller blinds and park assist.
does it matter with the specs since the resale value is determine by the OMV and current COE price?

all things being equal given same COE, i do not think there will be much diff in resale price. unless there is a clear distinction like a 3 series with i Drive and no i Drive. and also if the car is badge highline or no highline. coz clearly there r huge diff's in equipment level.

Hi, what I wanted to convey in my post was to go either for the Dynamic Damping Control or M-Sports Suspension. Thanks.

Hope to get some opinions here - assuming that I intend to buy the 535 within the next 6 months, is it still the right time to go ahead and place the deposit? I know that I've missed the boat before the 14K increase but looking at what's happening with COE, do you still advice that I go ahead? Thanks!

IMHO, yes go ahead and buy the 535 now. Why?

1. the days of low COE r OVER!! Govt has achieved its objectives... and is now reversing its policy of allowing COE to grow at a "high" pace..
2. $14k in the scheme of things is "peanuts".
3. 535 is a premium car. PML will not lower its margin, at least not in the next 6 months..

MTL....!!

Edit: oh and from wot i hear, deposit is fully refundable. So wots the worry?

Last edited by a moderator:

i would go for the DDC if i were u.

neilpryde;530840 said:
DDC is a 4k option... M-suspension less than 2k wor
but more effective mah.

M suspension 2k only?!

Enlightenment;530816 said:
Hi, what I wanted to convey in my post was to go either for the Dynamic Damping Control or M-Sports Suspension. Thanks.

I have decided on DCC rather than M-Sports suspension:dance:

neilpryde;530881 said:
I have decided on DCC rather than M-Sports suspension:dance:
right choice dude

longhorn;530820 said:
IMHO, yes go ahead and buy the 535 now. Why?

1. the days of low COE r OVER!! Govt has achieved its objectives... and is now reversing its policy of allowing COE to grow at a "high" pace..
2. $14k in the scheme of things is "peanuts".
3. 535 is a premium car. PML will not lower its margin, at least not in the next 6 months..

MTL....!!

Edit: oh and from wot i hear, deposit is fully refundable. So wots the worry?
+1. coe is just going north

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88wedding

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back