2010 - new 5 series pricing

Re: 2010 - new 5 series pricing

longhorn;530396 said:
can't help but wonder why this preoccupation with folding mirrors???? sorry but wot is the big deal?

Kind of agreed. Actually from my experiences the part of the car that will get hit is normally not the mirrors but the doors. So not exactly a very very big deal.
The main advantage for having folding mirrors - for me - is that I can park very very close to the pillar after folding the mirror, and still have room to open my door (if pillar is on driver's side).

But the above is only from my own experience; there could be other reasons why the folding mirror function is useful for other bros here. Maybe the unhappiness arises from the fact that it is already a standard item in many other brands, so why PML makes it an optional item that must be paid for...?

Slater;530413 said:
ok i confess. iam wanna those that presses the button to fold and unfold the mirrors at the traffic light when iam bored. its nice to know i got it. gadget whore
Slater, just scratch your b*lls next time if nothing to do at traffic light. Or you can org pi sai, ke ke.

kinggo;530384 said:
Highline extras:

• HiFi loudspeakers (12 speakers + digital amp)
  • Navigation System Business (7 inch screen)
  • Park Assist (Self steering for side parking)
  • Ash grain interior trim
  • V-spoke 328 18" rims and 245/45R18 RFT
  • (Apparently..... Highline has folding side mirrors whereas non-highline does not) -Not sure if it's true.
I think that's it.
Anyone can confirm?

Confirmed - no auto fold and no anti-dazzle function for the side mirrors. $1,300 indent option for the base model, which is rather bizzare for a premium marque.

SE couldn't confirm if it could be retrofitted for the F10 but mentioned that PML managed to do so for the 3-series, for about $2k+.

C3P0;530414 said:
Maybe the unhappiness arises from the fact that it is already a standard item in many other brands, so why PML makes it an optional item that must be paid for...?
this is all PML's master plan to push sales of the highline version.... And to push the PArk Assist option down our throats .. Just my guess.

PML's marketing geniuses as work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slater;530413 said:
ok i confess. iam wanna those that presses the button to fold and unfold the mirrors at the traffic light when iam bored. its nice to know i got it. gadget whore

HO HO.....should get a hardtop convertible then .... .....can unfold and fold and every traffic light :woottt:

kinggo;530421 said:
HO HO.....should get a hardtop convertible then .... .....can unfold and fold and every traffic light :woottt:
thats too long bro. 20 secs. cars behind me will be honking like crazy

longhorn;530418 said:
this is all PML's master plan to push sales of the highline version.... And to push the PArk Assist option down our throats .. Just my guess.

PML's marketing geniuses as work.

Indeed. No wood trim, no hi fi loudspeaker system, no 18" wheels for the base:errrrrrr:.

Park Assistant is not that expensive in the overall scheme of things. Interestingly, you cannot order Park Assistant without ordering Navi Business/Professional as well.

bimmernic;530616 said:
Indeed. No wood trim, no hi fi loudspeaker system, no 18" wheels for the base:errrrrrr:.

Park Assistant is not that expensive in the overall scheme of things. Interestingly, you cannot order Park Assistant without ordering Navi Business/Professional as well.
what trim r they giving instead? brushed aluminium?

Re: 2010 - new 5 series pricing (Options Pricing)

48X;529467 said:
Folks,

Just to share the Options pricing listing....

I am out of town now, and had asked my wife to make a booking yesterday before the price increase.

My choice of color (Black with Cinnamon brown interior) is not available in the ex-stock, as such is planning to customize my options. SA told me I should be getting the car around June/July.

Thanks for the helpful list. It's surprising that even the 535i doesnt have Dynamic Damping Control. I advise you to have that and also the M-Sports Suspension. The latter when done at factory is a steal. Add the Sports Automatic Transmission too with its faster shift-times.

Anyone knows if the 528i is a special indent?

thanks I have asked my SE to check on the M-suspension option for the 535. A parallel importer quoted me 528 for 2**k but no news from PML on whether they will bring that in

Yes, that's good! If retro-fitted locally at PML, it'll probably cost minimum $5k and you may get sub-standard alignment work. Install at the factory, it's worth every cent. The drop of 15 mm improves the visual aspects while maintaining practicality. Congrats on your 535i!

Slater;530623 said:
what trim r they giving instead? brushed aluminium?

Black high gloss.

kinggo;530637 said:
Piano Black High Gloss Trim ...

Officially, its black high gloss, the standard finish. Piano black used to be a premium ($$$) BMW Individual trim on the E60, AFAIK. However, looking at this image (courtesy of ExSchtroum​pflover), it looks almost like piano black and, hopefully, better than the similar trim on the 3-series coupe at PML:

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

bimmernic;530416 said:
Confirmed - no auto fold and no anti-dazzle function for the side mirrors. $1,300 indent option for the base model, which is rather bizzare for a premium marque.

SE couldn't confirm if it could be retrofitted for the F10 but mentioned that PML managed to do so for the 3-series, for about $2k+.

Unlike sun roof, at least PML can retrofit the folding mirror when the car reaches SG.
I personally find it a useful feature at car parks esp if your car has a wide body. when i ordered my 320 from them 2 yrs ago, they threw in the folding mirror after some bargaining.

Enlightenment;530640 said:
Thanks for the helpful list. It's surprising that even the 535i doesnt have Dynamic Damping Control. I advise you to have that and also the M-Sports Suspension. The latter when done at factory is a steal. Add the Sports Automatic Transmission too with its faster shift-times.

Anyone knows if the 528i is a special indent?

Options list states that DDC cannot be ordered with M-Sports suspension.

Has anyone seen any review with the M-Sports suspension? Early reports are only of DDC equipped cars. Thanks.

bimmernic;530664 said:
Black high gloss.

Officially, its black high gloss, the standard finish. Piano black used to be a premium ($$$) BMW Individual trim on the E60, AFAIK. However, looking at this image (courtesy of ExSchtroum​pflover), it looks almost like piano black and, hopefully, better than the similar trim on the 3-series coupe at PML:

attachment.php
personally i would go for the piano black. wood is so yesteryear

bimmernic;530667 said:
Options list states that DDC cannot be ordered with M-Sports suspension.

Has anyone seen any review with the M-Sports suspension? Early reports are only of DDC equipped cars. Thanks.
this is for E89, but the concept is the same. i personally tried it on the 1 series as well with M suspensions, car feels so much alive as the suspensions r constantly tweaking to counter ur body roll

hope it helps

BMW Z4 E89 Roadster - bmwdrives.com

Does the 523i and 523i High car come with a CD changer? It's not mentioned ..... so I guess not.
Anyway, thumbdrive is much better.

neilpryde;530650 said:
thanks I have asked my SE to check on the M-suspension option for the 535. A parallel importer quoted me 528 for 2**k but no news from PML on whether they will bring that in

Am interested in the 528 option. Can you pls PM me the PI? This might be a better engine suited to the heavier F10 as compared to the 523i. But never know, the 8 speed trans will help mitigate the lower engine specs of the 523i. Only a test drive will tell.

Send a msg to Kelvin of First Automobile, one of the sponsors here.
They can bring in 528

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88wedding

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back