Quoting Darth Vader.

Re: Quoting Darth Vader.

st8800;871898 said:
Can u tell us why MU debut at Dow is only doing so so?

highly leveraged fc used by the glitzers to pay their personal bills that is now raising funds for cash flow........a bit hard to sell.

VolanteDB9 said:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader
"actually i am a FT lover, we all need to grow up and accept that sg need FT. 99% of employees in my company are FT, my properties go up in value everyday thanks to FT. a couple of years of population growth and time will be ripe to move to greener pastures. i salute to the FT hordes."

if Darth Vader is a new citizen as he claimed, then he could be the kind of new PR, Citizen that besides ordinary Singaporeans but even the government has loathed and did not wish to welcome, in fact the government had been trying for years to convince us to welcome these people though there was always the possibility they will try to move to Australia, USA etc after leeching off whatever they can from Singapore.

for years we know there are people from PRC, Philipines and other countries whom came to Singapore and used it as a stepping stone in their application for status in Australia or the USA. Be it scholarship or EP holders they never felt Singapore was the ultimate place they would like to settle down in.

is there anything the government could have done to prevent this? no...there is no test that can determine a person's loyalty no matter where he or she was plucked from, be it an Indian engineer from Bombay/Mumbai or a Philipino engineer from Subic Bay whom was jobless after the US Navy left.

can we blame them for seeking greener pastures? No, it is every person's right to do so, but can we not feel frustrated, disappointed for having hosted them? I believe not and it is our every right to do so too.

Now to work towards or vote towards a government whom will fine tune a system which will benefit Singaporeans as much as it has FT.

There is no free lunch, leechers whom behave like pariahs will eventually pay.

VolanteDB9 said:
I have met numerous Singaporean students from Indiana Uni, Michigan State, NYU, Chicago School of Business, Carnegie's

many of them DO NOT come back to Singapore, despite Contact Singapore(whole ballrooms in 5,6 star hotels with 'laksa', satay catered), EDB even the Ambassador herself appealing to them.

so even without the birth rate affecting us, we too have a brain drain and our people are just like these FTs coming to Singapore...or are they? are the FTs coming into Singapore just as good or even better to replace those whom have left? again...what have we been importing??!! In the past we have quite a significant number of Malaysian Chinese coming in and they integrated well...but why are the Chinese, Philipinos or Indians not doing just as well? are locals really so nasty to them?

Your comments are contradictory.

The punchlines used were "leeching off", "stepping stone", "loyalty", "greener pastures" and "hosted" - to underline your strong resentment to the "transitory" nature of foreign talents/workers.

Did it occur to you that all these words can be applied on those Singapore students you have met in the U.S.? Why are they different?

Fact is - the world is a global village. Human capital mobility is a taken, not asummed. Learn to embrace it.

VolanteDB9 said:
they seem to be the ungrateful butch too, calling their hosts lazy...

some of these call centre agents...F&B crew etc...is really cb...dare to say we lazy...

but have they thought of this...they go back to what? small rooms or even just a mattress and don't have to do household chores, take care of kids etc while our local aunties etc have all that to do...

OT of course easier for them to do so lah without having all these commitments...

Local bosses complain our local people want their public holidays off...don't OT...wu bian boh?
but i know there are many locals whom juggle and give their all too for that extra bit of $$$!!!

Very xenophobic in this generalisation. Singaporeans have called fellow Singaporeans lazy too !!!

Don't get me wrong. I do not agree with the importing of foreigners wholeheartedly - at times it works, at times it does not. For instance, Indian IT programmers is a must for banks/corporates, since they provide a massive talented tech support to those corporations hiring them. But awarding a passport to a China sportsman becomes more iffy - is it to achieve a short-term KPI (such as winning a medal) or for the greater good of the sports in the long run? Do bear in mind the people running the show at the local sports scene are short-tenored in nature (example the visionary leader who called for 2010 for Singapore football team to qualify for World Cup Finals obviously did it with short term objectives in mind).

In this context, the issue is our system, not the foreigners - whether they are pinoys or PRCs. Citing cultural assimilation does not hold water too.

yes it did occur which is why i said

"so even without the birth rate affecting us, we too have a brain drain and our people are just like these FTs coming to Singapore...or are they? "

and i also acknowledged Singaporeans calling/implying Singaporeans lazy.

"Local bosses complain our local people want their public holidays off...don't OT...wu bian boh?
but i know there are many locals whom juggle and give their all too for that extra bit of $$$!!!"

Your posts are very incoherent.

honestly i dun understand a shit here!

kiang tio hoh, mai kay kiang

MW;872088 said:
kiang tio hoh, mai kay kiang

yO,, mw DO U FIND ME seXY?

So much talks about PRC in almost all the forums and social networking sites.

I just have to say I'm very proud to have a PRC wife.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicolasslotloth

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back