Overhaul Transmission - Sep 2006 E90 320 PFL

Re: Overhaul Transmission - Sep 2006 E90 320 PFL

Samuel said:
Gb valve body just up lorry today. Quoted 3k plus labour by Top Speed for replacement. Great...

Ouch !!!.................

mai ouch i just change whole gearbox nia nb chao turban

Lagi ouch! Top Speed called earlier to say that gearbox must recon, just change valve body waste of money. Quoted 5.5k. Was informed that one of our fellow forumers got his done at 4k plus. Will call Top Speed tomorrow to nego. Tiong!

it's about 5k but they dont have gst so its nett price

S2k;825267 said:
mai ouch i just change whole gearbox nia nb chao turban

S2k;825472 said:
it's about 5k but they dont have gst so its nett price

S2k is my rich and atas bro..... :biggun:

if rich i will scrap car n change new one liao

S2k;825491 said:
if rich i will scrap car n change new one liao

Oh....preeese.........

Tats your lucky car..........

Cheeeeeeeerrrrrrsssssssss!!!

shssssssss

cheeeeeerrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssss

Latest update, finally agreed on 5k all in. Includes changing ATF and some seal, very complicated. Very pain ah...

Samuel;825630 said:
Latest update, finally agreed on 5k all in. Includes changing ATF and some seal, very complicated. Very pain ah...

Was told by a workshop to change solenoid to solve the jerky effect

With more E90 approahing the 5-6yrs mark, I am seeing more are facing the GB problem.
I changed my 320i solenoid on Feb at 111k milage, now just it can last to my COE expire on 2016, unless there is a drastic drop in COE price

VW problem is on their 7spd DSG. 6spd no problem.

actually my point is conti maker be it bmw/merc/audi/vw ... all make lousy gearbox

TohTo;825744 said:

Latest update guys, please let me know if I'm being carrot here. The workshop just called again to inform that the gear box ECU is now faulty, need to replace and can only let me know on Monday. From a simple valve body replacement, to reconditioning of gearbox, now the latest thing is go ECU. I'm not an expert on this, can someone advise if it's common that parts do fail in this sequence, meaning once you meddle with one part, the rest will follow suit up lorry? Also, I've to add that I'm paying more than however the workshop is charging the rest, as the boss told me that he will be replacing the ATF and some seal. Haiz, really spoil my weekend and worse thing is that my car is already with them and I'm seemingly held at ransome here.

TohTo;825744 said:

DSG 6 speed used to be very problematic in the begaining..
It will take some time before 7 speed settle down..

Samuel;825791 said:
Latest update guys, please let me know if I'm being carrot here. The workshop just called again to inform that the gear box ECU is now faulty, need to replace and can only let me know on Monday. From a simple valve body replacement, to reconditioning of gearbox, now the latest thing is go ECU. I'm not an expert on this, can someone advise if it's common that parts do fail in this sequence, meaning once you meddle with one part, the rest will follow suit up lorry? Also, I've to add that I'm paying more than however the workshop is charging the rest, as the boss told me that he will be replacing the ATF and some seal. Haiz, really spoil my weekend and worse thing is that my car is already with them and I'm seemingly held at ransome here.

As what I know, ECU only need to re-programmed after GB repaired.
I exchanged the solenoid, WS just re-programmed the GB software.

Samuel;825791 said:

Did u drive to the workshop or tow in?

Okay, so only reprogramming needed. My car was towed in unfortunately. :(

Then it could likely the trans ecu die off.

Check w them maybe is just the ecu, may not be the valve body or need to overhaul.

If really so suay, u might want to get the ecu from Propel or Eng Soon to bring down the cost.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back