Membership Has Its Privileges

Re: Membership Has Its Privileges

MW said:
Ken stays in HDB but wears AP watches. Cb atas

Yes, my HDB, low class.

Meek said:
at least, its YOUR hdb....

But following MapleLeaf's logic, a paid-up HDB is no better than a 80%-geared condo.

I got one friend who stay in a 4 room HDB but own 2 HDB shophouses, 3 condos and some foreign properties....and I got another friend who stay in a condo and drive a conti-car but cannot afford to pay for drink! You decide...

walao very chim
insurance salesman vs general manager
fully paid hdb vs 80% loan condo
f10 520i vs nissan gtr ... which on more atas? kenn asks .... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonmaxima;922816 said:
Prease la.... how many office assistants earning say 2k - 3k / month carrying branded handbags (costing easily 1 - 2 months salary) squeezing in MRT trains daily.... downing $4/cup gong cha bubble teas 1 - 2 times a day.

on the other end of the spectrum...and you have high earning types who make $xx,000 or maybe even $xxx,000 per month taking public transport / driving a humble toyota but living in a GCB? every year take family on multiple holidays to exotic locations.

so who more atas?

Who has seen mothers who scrimp, save and count every cent to save on milk powder etc just so that a dollar saved equals a dollar to go towards that coveted LV never-ful bag in LV monogram canvas. Priorities warped....

Though I agree with you but there's still difference between being atas and being rich.

A fishmonger drive 7er but wear singlet everyday to work. Thats the point.

Depends on who you ask? To the PML sales guy the fishmonger who book a 7 series is more ATAS than an executive who speak perfect English and negotiating price for a 1 series..

Shev;922885 said:
Though I agree with you but there's still difference between being atas and being rich.

When I switched from my 19 year old E200 to a new E46, I was branded as downgraded.

When I switched from Florshiem to Hush Puppies, my wife said "cost cutting ah?"

Now when I go for my favourite tea at Pasir Panjang Hawker Centre, I hope nobdy sees my car turning in.

Actually, BMW parked at hawker centre paiseh or not?

Shev;922885 said:

fishmonger drive 7er but wear singlet everyday to work, happens to own 1/2 the entire fleet of trawlers in the south china sea, can go mbs and loose 20 million cash $$ and not blink an eye.

judge not...one's occupation / outwardly appearance....BRO!!!!!!

MapleLeaf said:
Now when I go for my favourite tea at Pasir Panjang Hawker Centre, I hope nobdy sees my car turning in. Actually, BMW parked at hawker centre paiseh or not?

You have serious insecurity issues.

kenntona;922898 said:
You have serious insecurity issues.

Haha... actually that hawker centre got plenty big big cars. Landed property owners going there for food. At night, it's HOT with the seafood stores and beer ladies.

zorro;922889 said:
Depends on who you ask? To the PML sales guy the fishmonger who book a 7 series is more ATAS than an executive who speak perfect English and negotiating price for a 1 series..

plus later loan not approve???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

jasonmaxima said:
fishmonger drive 7er but wear singlet everyday to work, happens to own 1/2 the entire fleet of trawlers in the south china sea, can go mbs and loose 20 million cash $$ and not blink an eye.

judge not...one's occupation / outwardly appearance....BRO!!!!!!

Actually ATAS is matter of perspective.

If it matters how others look at you, you need extrinsic material stuff to substantiate that appearance, then the ATAS definition is as narrow as personal insecurity issues. You would need other people to endorse you as ATAS before you will actually think you are ATAS. Whether you are cash rich or leveraged, does not matter.

If it does not matter how others defined ATAS on you, then ATAS is very irrelevant in your life. You cannot be bothered to impress. Outward impression is nothing. You are either very contented or very apathetic towards living an ATAS life to portray an image.

kenntona;922903 said:
Actually ATAS is matter of perspective.

If it matters how others look at you, you need extrinsic material stuff to substantiate that appearance, then the ATAS definition is as narrow as personal insecurity issues. You would need other people to endorse you as ATAS before you will actually think you are ATAS. Whether you are cash rich or leveraged, does not matter.

If it does not matter how others defined ATAS on you, then ATAS is very irrelevant in your life. You cannot be bothered to impress. Outward impression is nothing. You are either very contented or very apathetic towards living an ATAS life to portray an image.

Your reply is ATAS!

I am atas if I want to. I won't post in forum like a hypocrite like some here. Please sell your bmws/sports cars and all tour branded stuff if you wanna be holier than thou. I song I take business or first class and I wanna hao lian. Not happy go earn more money

Me me, I am atas too!

When I'm rich enough to buy a 911, I will post in First Auto's thread "PLEASE PM ME THE PRICE" so that everyone will know :nehnehhh:

Got many ppl say PM me price but ask for song only. I never say its pilot

Pls pm me the first/business class air-ticket price......

MW;922942 said:
Got many ppl say PM me price but ask for song only. I never say its pilot

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksum88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back