Membership Has Its Privileges

Re: Membership Has Its Privileges

MapleLeaf;922524 said:
But for purposes of "membership has it privileges," forget about what GTR or sound of italian engine. Just the emblem gets you admission - and that's all that matters for this purpose. It's like you are a RI or ACS student, you are a atas student, nvm you are last in class.

M-Kit or M-Replica are the same. M-5 or Yam-5 are the same.

Not all ACS or RI boys can make it lah. Some apples fell super far from the tree.... no names mentioned, mea culpa.

wobbles;922587 said:
Not all ACS or RI boys can make it lah. Some apples fell super far from the tree.... no names mentioned, mea culpa.

But.... near or far from tree, still a RI student mah. "Make it" or not is subjective lar. Between an insurance saleman making $30K a month and a General Manager earning $8K a month, the General Manager is still more atas mah.

The BMW emblem on a 116 is still rounder than the VW Golf.

Sigh. Such is life in Singapore. In Australia, even if you're a brickie or a garbage truck driver, you can still head down to the nearest RSL and have a Toohey's with the investment robber, I mean, banker, and still be mates on equal.

MapleLeaf;922017 said:
I was at a major hotel around River Valley (opposite Greatworld Mall) yesterday for a company DnD.

As I approached the driveway, it was congested with several cars and a few taxis. I was fourth or fifth car behind. On my left was a row of unoccupied barricaded Reserved Lots.

Hotel staff saw my non-Jap car, signalled to me if I want to park. I gave a thumb-up OK sign. He removed the barricade and I parked.

Membership has its privileges. The Realities of Life!!!

It's Not fair, but it's alright.... as long as you are on the correct side of the unfairness.

Maybe by experience, the valet guy knows only BMW, merc etc atas cars drivers willing to pay and not that he is badge whore? Or read this forum and find out that many atas car drivers worried their car kanna scratch or what so more likely to choose valet?

Sometimes own BMW or atas car very cham! No money also must act got lots of money so people get wrong impression. Haiz....

Oilman;922022 said:
Yeah small people kowtow to the perceived rich.

When I drive my car to the petrol kiosk, I am "sir" to the pump attendant... I can take my time to shop in the minimart before paying. I can be thanked for being a customer. And I can have a nice day.

When I ride my Vespa, the same guy tells me to move my bike out of the way as soon as the last drop of fuel goes in, so I don't keep car drivers waiting :shakehea:

Maybe next time u drive a truck to the same petrol kiosk and your full tank is 100L... They may not ask you to shift aside because makes economical sense for them even if u park longer and even if your truck is not atas?

I avoid valet as best as possible.... and park the car myself... choosing and spending endless minutes looking for either a bungalow lot or a corner lot and park as freaking close to the pillar as possible to avoid door dings.

MapleLeaf said:
"Make it" or not is subjective lar. Between an insurance saleman making $30K a month and a General Manager earning $8K a month, the General Manager is still more atas mah.

That's a first !!! You prefer to be in a GM position making $8K than an insurance agent making $30K (assumes consistency)?

MapleLeaf said:
The BMW emblem on a 116 is still rounder than the VW Golf.

Not so sure here. Branding?

kenntona;922780 said:
That's a first !!! You prefer to be in a GM position making $8K than an insurance agent making $30K (assumes consistency)?

Not so sure here. Branding?

Saint or Evil, life goes on; but it's easier to be evil.

Good or bad, life still ends; and it's easier to be bad.

Rich or poor, I will never starve; but life is better being rich.

Friend or foe, people change; so treat everybody as it there's no tomorrow.

I will take the $30,000. If no desk, I can work inside my E60.

The GM can go for his yam-seng.

I go for my Yam-5.

MapleLeaf said:

MapleLeaf said:
"Make it" or not is subjective lar. Between an insurance saleman making $30K a month and a General Manager earning $8K a month, the General Manager is still more atas mah.

So the ATAS perception meant nothing. Afterall, you picked the higher paying job.

MapleLeaf;922789 said:
Saint or Evil, life goes on; but it's easier to be evil.

Good or bad, life still ends; and it's easier to be bad.

Rich or poor, I will never starve; but life is better being rich.

Friend or foe, people change; so treat everybody as it there's no tomorrow.

By the way, a GM only make 8k meh? If only 8k maybe not so atas?

Many people on the street will never know your occupation but they will only recognize what you wear and drive and how u behave.

Maybe if GM behave more atas-ly, he can still differentiate himself from the insurance agent.

Shev;922809 said:

Many people on the street will never know your occupation but they will only recognize what you wear and drive and how u behave.

Maybe if GM behave more atas-ly, he can still differentiate himself from the insurance agent.

Prease la.... how many office assistants earning say 2k - 3k / month carrying branded handbags (costing easily 1 - 2 months salary) squeezing in MRT trains daily.... downing $4/cup gong cha bubble teas 1 - 2 times a day.

on the other end of the spectrum...and you have high earning types who make $xx,000 or maybe even $xxx,000 per month taking public transport / driving a humble toyota but living in a GCB? every year take family on multiple holidays to exotic locations.

so who more atas?

Who has seen mothers who scrimp, save and count every cent to save on milk powder etc just so that a dollar saved equals a dollar to go towards that coveted LV never-ful bag in LV monogram canvas. Priorities warped....

Last edited by a moderator:

Shev;922809 said:

Prease la.... how many office assistants earning say 2k - 3k / month carrying branded handbags (costing easily 1 - 2 months salary) squeezing in MRT trains daily.... downing $4/cup gong cha bubble teas 1 - 2 times a day.

on the other end of the spectrum...and you have high earning types who make $xx,000 or maybe even $xxx,000 per month taking public transport / driving a humble toyota but living in a GCB? every year take family on multiple holidays on exotic holidays.

so who more atas?

Who has seen mothers who scrimp, save and count every cent to save on milk powder etc just so that a dollar saved equals a dollar to go towards that coveted LV never-ful bag in LV monogram canvas. Priorities warped....

jasonmaxima said:

on the other end of the spectrum...and you have high earning types who make $xx,000 or maybe even $xxx,000 per month taking public transport / driving a humble toyota but living in a GCB? every year take family on multiple holidays on exotic holidays.

so who more atas?

For once, you make lots of sense !!!

its true. jasonmaxima.

why need to act so atas? if one really atas, wear pagoda tee shirt, holey shorts and japanese slipper people will still respect... especially if one are humble...

Meek;922824 said:
its true. jasonmaxima.

why need to act so atas? if one really atas, wear pagoda tee shirt, holey shorts and japanese slipper people will still respect... especially if one are humble...

Issue is this is not true. A car and a truck is different; a truck and a Vespa is difference; a Vespa and a bicycle is different. That's life. Not complaining. Just trying to squeeze the most out of life.

Ken stays in HDB but wears AP watches. Cb atas

the branded handbag given by husband..

hahaha

jasonmaxima;922816 said:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksum88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back