Issues and problems with X1

Re: Issues and problems with X1

Hi all
Realised I can hear loud wind noise when tavelling over 100 km/h.
Is this due to the windows rubber seal ?
My X1 is 2.5 yrs old

hi All
I have an almost new original rubber tray used for 5 months on my X1 and sold the car but kept the tray. Can't remember how much I paid for it at PML. If you are keen,I have it stored up and happy to let go at $150 non-nego. Pls PM or text me at 964 54 319, thanks.

I believe a new one is about $300+. Awesome for those active sorts or spill prevention from your marketing

Hi, anyone had experienced transmission overheated light up on the display, speed reduced to 20km/h and engine shut off? Send in to PML, changed the coolant bump sensor but still encounter the same faulty message. Next , PML changed the crankshaft sensor but still did not resolve the earlier problem. Finally they claim that the DME is faulty/ damaged. Mine is a X1 around 2.5 yr car.

rtxtreme;1114474 said:
Hi, anyone had experienced transmission overheated light up on the display, speed reduced to 20km/h and engine shut off? Send in to PML, changed the coolant bump sensor but still encounter the same faulty message. Next , PML changed the crankshaft sensor but still did not resolve the earlier problem. Finally they claim that the DME is faulty/ damaged. Mine is a X1 around 2.5 yr car.

Yours a 20i?

PML changed the DME and car seem well but recently the "Engine fault! Reduced power" lighted up again after almost a 3 months drive. Send in to service center was told knock sensor faulty, changed. However, during their test drive, same error happened again, this time diagnoses throttle problem. Oh gosh...when can this ever end. I must give a thumb down to bimmer, probably due to too much electronic sensors in the car:helpp!:

Any bros out there experience the same thing??? my car left with only 3 months of warranty by PML. Cannot imagine after that....

Good luck and hope they fix it up properly.... or use it to bargain for your exit.

Oh gosh...last week they told me the car needs to stay for another 1-2 weeks for further investigation. They blame the installation of media box and reverse cam which caused the error light lit up. Anyone can advise if those add on will changed the VO of the car?

just bought a 2010 X1. Car condition looks good.
Senior Bro & Sis can advice what i need to be aware off after i got my car?
I notice that the headlight is halogen bulbs bu default. Any issue if i change it to Xenon?
What would be the command service pattern that i need to consider?
Any specific engine oil that i need to use?

Sincerely appreciate your advice

Any Bros installed aftermaket reverse camera onto their I-drive? Anyone experienced any issue with it?

Hydro;1096658 said:
After 4weeks of poor any response by PML, they could only tell me that the piston had broken and replaced a new engine again. I had ask for compensation or to change of a 2nd hand car. This is their offer.

- Extended warranty of the car by 1 more year.
- 1 car SPA treatment
- 1 Oil Servicing

For poor performance, safety and reliability, do you think that is the best offer that PML can offer and I shd just bite the bullet and take it?

I had gone to CASE to lodge an complaint against PML and I urge anyone that experience poor customer service by them to go CASE too.

Hi all seniors, I am new to BMW. Is this a common fault for BMW?
I also read in other tread that the new 8 speed will get over heat?

I am currently ddriving a Mercedes thinking to trade in for the new X1.

Hi guys, like to know if anyone of you experience foul smell coming from the air con air ? Driving a X1 181i

After 4weeks of poor and lousy response by PML, they could only tell me that the piston had broken and replaced a new engine again. I had ask for compensation or to change of a 2nd hand car. This is their offer.

- Extended warranty of the car by 1 more year.
- 1 car SPA treatment
- 1 Oil Servicing

For poor performance, safety and reliability, do you think that is the best offer that PML can offer and I shd just bite the bullet and take it?

I had gone to CASE to lodge an complaint against PML and I urge anyone that experience poor customer service by them to go CASE too.

Hi Hydro,

I may have a similar issue to yours. My 2012 X1 just stopped when I was driving, lost all power. I had it looked at and the push rod had gone thought the block and left a gapping hole. I'm not up on engines, but is this similar? They now want $26k to put in a new engine. I have 86,300k, which of course means I'm over warranty. BMWs only and final offer was to pay half. I'm not going to put $13K into a vehicle that may be work 15 or 26k. I can't get anywhere with customer service.
I see you mention PML and CASE...can you let me know what that stands for? Thanks!

I also have some engine issue for my 2018 X1. The issue is the engine vibrated after immediate start button pressed and after that it was normal. After 4 weeks of diagnosed. PML replied that BMW Asia agreed to replace new engine. I also want to know that how to complain to CASE and what can they do for us?

Hi , new here. I am looking at a used 2016 facelift X1. Any common issues that i should take note off. Thanks

I also have some engine issue for my 2018 X1. The issue is the engine vibrated after immediate start button pressed and after that it was normal. After 4 weeks of diagnosed. PML replied that BMW Asia agreed to replace new engine. I also want to know that how to complain to CASE and what can they do for us?

isn't replacement of engine a good thing

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwin666icu

Latest posts

Back