Issues and problems with X1

Re: Issues and problems with X1

So far my voice command works good. Very useful when driving fast on express way.

vjxqiu;864951 said:
So far my voice command works good. Very useful when driving fast on express way.

your engrunds must be better than mine... :oops::oops::oops:

we have a 3.5 week old X1 bought on the promo and there is an vibration in the steering wheel, kind of like an electric current. Its a bit more intense around 1.200 rpm..

Have a funny sound when I turn my steering all the way too. Not sure if anyone has experienced it?

Terry69;871411 said:
Have a funny sound when I turn my steering all the way too. Not sure if anyone has experienced it?

yes, me too. whenever I'm parking it get a funny sound and often a violent vibration as though the car is resisting that I turn the wheel more.

do you have any vibration on the wheel? ours is quite pronounced and only when the motor is engaged (in neutral there is no vibration)

Never tried it in neutral but only during parking when I turn the steering all the way to the end, there is a funny sound with a little resistance. Will try later if there is any vibration though. Think there is a slight one.

X1 is a car with lots of problems. Hope BMW solve the problems in their facelift version.

snowmanyee;871529 said:
X1 is a car with lots of problems. Hope BMW solve the problems in their facelift version.

really? mine is ok ler. my problem not with the car... yet.

snowmanyee;871529 said:

too late for us!
I have read they are putting EPS in all cars, that should solve the slight but horrible vibration in the steering wheel. Maybe they should speak more to customers and headhunt some Audi and Mercedes engineers.

X1blue;871580 said:
too late for us!
I have read they are putting EPS in all cars, that should solve the slight but horrible vibration in the steering wheel. Maybe they should speak more to customers and headhunt some Audi and Mercedes engineers.

Audi and Merc engineers arent better too. VW worse. If you want reliability, buy Jap cars. Even Suzuki has lesser problems than the luxury continental brands. My previous Opel and Fords have no problems too.

it's brand whore effect

just like someone said camry/accord is sibei comfy, sibei reliable, sibei value for money the 2.4 version comes with almost all fancy gadgets compare to bare bone e60. but the bragging rights of e60 is undenieable. mw says camry/accord vs e60 park at hotel lobby would recieved different treatment ... lolz
so, it depends on owner what he wants. and i'm a brand whore if not i could have gotten a suzuki swift sport for agility or camry/accord for comfy :lol:

snowmanyee;871599 said:
Audi and Merc engineers arent better too. VW worse. If you want reliability, buy Jap cars. Even Suzuki has lesser problems than the luxury continental brands. My previous Opel and Fords have no problems too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meek;871565 said:
really? mine is ok ler. my problem not with the car... yet.

Yeah. My 18i is 1.5yrs and really no problems so far. Just went for 2nd servicing.

The steering could be a little lighter and can use a little more power. A little more quieter engine and a slightly less bumpy ride would be nice.

Starting to get tired cleaning the exhaust tips...seems that there are alot of the black-carbon like deposits around the exhaust tips and not easy to clean leh....don't like the quality of the stock exhaust tips.... Has anyone changed the exhaust tips......saw this tread...nicely done up X1.....like the rims, grilles and the exhaust tips.....PRC unit I believe...:errmm:

Finally picked her up! - XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum

Also like the M-sport package..

Lemans Blue X1 sDrive 20d M sport - XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum

Cheers.

It's nt the exhaust tips. It's the N20 engine TC and DI. I also realize a lot of F10 520i with black tips.

detach8;895493 said:
It's nt the exhaust tips. It's the N20 engine TC and DI. I also realize a lot of F10 520i with black tips.

Thanks bro,,,,but sorry i am not all that tech Savvy...so whats TC and DI? and how does that contribute to black residue on the exhaust...learning curve :)

Regards....

Hmm getting late. Turbo Charge and Direct Injection. You can try google for some technical details but what I observe is that generally cars that are TC+DI (like BMW N20 engine or those VW TSI engine) will get black soot at the exhaust.

My observation is that new car will have a lot of carbon soot. 100km is enough to make it turn black. After run in about 2500km, the soot will reduce. At 3500km now, very little soot produced after my weekly mileage of 150km.

Slow_poke_driver;895548 said:
My observation is that new car will have a lot of carbon soot. 100km is enough to make it turn black. After run in about 2500km, the soot will reduce. At 3500km now, very little soot produced after my weekly mileage of 150km.

did you do an oil change after 1500km?
i did, and yes, the car is much smoother after that! whooooooooosh.

Did my first oil change at 2800km.... yes... feels smoother after that... nvr believe in the 12000km oil change... imho

Back