Issues and problems with X1

Re: Issues and problems with X1

When will the trial starts again?

Hi X1 ers,

I have this issue that started about 1 month back, where when slowing down during heavy traffic and stepping slowly on the brakes, car tend to vibrate. its like the brakes are are gripping and letting go, continuously. it happens mostly during a cold start, waiting to get it checked? could it be break pads wearing out? its happens like 2 out of 10 times. kinda weird. pressing on the brakes slowly caused this to happen when vehicle is moving slowly.

Let me know if any1 came across this issue.

Cheers.

May not be brakes.

Ask RBB. Last time i spoke to him... it may be a safety feature... that over time became more pronounced. Can be coded out.

Meek;1065907 said:
May not be brakes.

Ask RBB. Last time i spoke to him... it may be a safety feature... that over time became more pronounced. Can be coded out.

Calling Coding King...

I had a engine fault in Jan 14 (low compression and reduced power) ... After changing a new engine (took 2 mths to do so), the engine fault happened again last sat... 4 mths after the new engine was changed. Any advice on this problem? The car is only 1yr and 4mths old... damn sian...

Sorry to hear that ...... Might not be the engine causing the fault in the first place ?

Hydro;1090166 said:
I had a engine fault in Jan 14 (low compression and reduced power) ... After changing a new engine (took 2 mths to do so), the engine fault happened again last sat... 4 mths after the new engine was changed. Any advice on this problem? The car is only 1yr and 4mths old... damn sian...

They did a compression test?

Not too sure.. The first time when it happened, they did some diagnostic test for 2 days before deciding to change the whole engine..

Pls share the symptoms prior to the breakdown...

Meek;1090206 said:
Pls share the symptoms prior to the breakdown...

The car will jerked abit while cruising or when accelerate.. Besides this, I'm not sure if the auto start/stop function that is not working well could also be the causal factor.

Hydro;1090394 said:
The car will jerked abit while cruising or when accelerate.. Besides this, I'm not sure if the auto start/stop function that is not working well could also be the causal factor.
So how? Has this been resolved?

Hydro;1090394 said:

Then maybe transmission problem?

Or anything to do with the recent recall (cars with the N20 engine)?

After 4weeks of poor and lousy response by PML, they could only tell me that the piston had broken and replaced a new engine again. I had ask for compensation or to change of a 2nd hand car. This is their offer.

- Extended warranty of the car by 1 more year.
- 1 car SPA treatment
- 1 Oil Servicing

For poor performance, safety and reliability, do you think that is the best offer that PML can offer and I shd just bite the bullet and take it?

I had gone to CASE to lodge an complaint against PML and I urge anyone that experience poor customer service by them to go CASE too.

Hydro;1096658 said:
After 4weeks of poor and lousy response by PML, they could only tell me that the piston had broken and replaced a new engine again. I had ask for compensation or to change of a 2nd hand car. This is their offer.

- 1 car SPA treatment
- 1 Oil Servicing

For poor performance, safety and reliability, do you think that is the best offer that PML can offer and I shd just bite the bullet and take it?

I had gone to CASE to lodge an complaint against PML and I urge anyone that experience poor customer service by them to go CASE too.
But the legal powers of case seems limited

Hydro;1096658 said:

- 1 car SPA treatment
- 1 Oil Servicing

Wow. How many engines they will need to change? I suspect they gave you a recon engine?

My engine (just over 3yrs) already starting to have oil leaks. Estimated $1.6k to fix by MA.

douggie;1096798 said:
Wow. How many engines they will need to change? I suspect they gave you a recon engine?

My engine (just over 3yrs) already starting to have oil leaks. Estimated $1.6k to fix by MA.
Is yours an 18i or 20i?

Meek;1096823 said:
Is yours an 18i or 20i?

18i. Bmws are infamous for oil leaks, but I'm surprised it happened right after the warranty ended. Hope the n20 engine folks have better luck.

douggie;1096833 said:
18i. Bmws are infamous for oil leaks, but I'm surprised it happened right after the warranty ended. Hope the n20 engine folks have better luck.
Mine is the 20i and yes... hopefully.

Back