12) Leong
13) fantastic3
14) 156F1
15) maxwell
16) Uncle
17) cts1984
18) bm0103
19) benomc

I have placed an order at Eng Soon and a deposit as well. Attached is the invoice.
However, delivery will take 3.........................long weeks. So I guess this is only due just before CNY.

Please check that your current navigation system is using DVD and not CD. As long as it's DVD, it will work.

I will let you guys know later on how to manage the cost.

Update over! 8)

Hi, pls let me jnow when the DVD is ready. Thanks for arranging.

Re: i-Drive GPS - Map

Guys,

I bought a copy of navigation dvd from a reputable audio shop. Initially it works fine, but after a few days some error occur.
Sometimes the Navigation system would say there is no navigation dvd inserted. And there is no way that I can restart the system for it to work, as the system's power is active for 10 mins when engine is off.

I encountered another weird problem... My radio would sometime turn off by itself without any reason. Have to turn it on manually again. Smetimes it happens 4-5 times per day and is quite annoying. Initially I thought that there might be something wrong with the built-in amp, or the tuner. I tried googling, and some say that it might be the navigation dvd system that is spoilt. Need to change the whole navigation dvd drive to solve it...

It suddenly occurs to me that I'm using a copy of the navigation dvd, and might be the one that is causing the problem. I changed back to the original dvd, and now the problem is solved. :)

It might be that my copy is not burned properly, so might be an isolated case.

snappy;724611 said:
Guys,

I bought a copy of navigation dvd from a reputable audio shop. Initially it works fine, but after a few days some error occur.
Sometimes the Navigation system would say there is no navigation dvd inserted. And there is no way that I can restart the system for it to work, as the system's power is active for 10 mins when engine is off.

I encountered another weird problem... My radio would sometime turn off by itself without any reason. Have to turn it on manually again. Smetimes it happens 4-5 times per day and is quite annoying. Initially I thought that there might be something wrong with the built-in amp, or the tuner. I tried googling, and some say that it might be the navigation dvd system that is spoilt. Need to change the whole navigation dvd drive to solve it...

It suddenly occurs to me that I'm using a copy of the navigation dvd, and might be the one that is causing the problem. I changed back to the original dvd, and now the problem is solved. :)

Thanks for sharing. It will be useful.

aztecarion;722139 said:
Hi All,

This is the updated list.

1) Passat57
2) xj40
3) Spoilt Brat
4) Peterpan
5) Jas 1
6) Je_taime
7) DT168
8. Quacks
9) robee
10) Mapleleaf
11) E46K
12) Leong
13) fantastic3
14) 156F1
15) maxwell
16) Uncle
17) cts1984
18) bm0103
19) benomc

I have placed an order at Eng Soon and a deposit as well. Attached is the invoice.
However, delivery will take 3.........................long weeks. So I guess this is only due just before CNY.

Please check that your current navigation system is using DVD and not CD. As long as it's DVD, it will work.

Update over! 8)

thanks bro for the kind gesture to go Eng Soon to place the order.
so would u be going to burn the discs for those sharing?
do let us know when payment need to be made and also the amount
my num is 84443737

happy new year to all:juggle:

aztecarion;722139 said:
Hi All,

This is the updated list.

1) Passat57
2) xj40
3) Spoilt Brat
4) Peterpan
5) Jas 1
6) Je_taime
7) DT168
8. Quacks
9) robee
10) Mapleleaf
11) E46K
12) Leong
13) fantastic3
14) 156F1
15) maxwell
16) Uncle
17) cts1984
18) bm0103
19) benomc

Update over! 8)

Thanks for doing this, Bro.

Yeah, thanks for taking the effort to consolidate all those interested.

Have a great year ahead and keep us posted on collection!

snappy;724611 said:
Guys,

Use better quality DVD & set the burning speed to the lowest... Its might take quite awhile to burn but trust me the quality of the output is worth the wait ;)

Centurion9990;727891 said:
Use better quality DVD & set the burning speed to the lowest... Its might take quite awhile to burn but trust me the quality of the output is worth the wait ;)

the supplier burnt another copy for me, it's worst than the 1st.. Totally can't read at all. Put back the original and everything is fine again. Now I asked the audio shop whether I can just return the disc and get back my money, he says not possible... He says that so far nobody has any issue before except mine. But the problem is the moment original disc is inserted, initialisation is fast and no error detected. It really saddens me that there are this type of merchants in sg.

snappy;728072 said:
the supplier burnt another copy for me, it's worst than the 1st.. Totally can't read at all. Put back the original and everything is fine again. Now I asked the audio shop whether I can just return the disc and get back my money, he says not possible... He says that so far nobody has any issue before except mine. But the problem is the moment original disc is inserted, initialisation is fast and no error detected. It really saddens me that there are this type of merchants in sg.

Since the audio shop refused to refund, you play bastard to them lor... Make them jia jia lat till they give you a perfect working copy...

Centurion9990;728088 said:
Since the audio shop refused to refund, you play bastard to them lor... Make them jia jia lat till they give you a perfect working copy...

Sounds like his disc or DVD writer got problem? My car came with the 09 disc and I burnt a backup copy. Been using the backup DVD for months with no issue at all. Make sure you use a good quality DVD to burn...

Centurion9990;728088 said:

The only thing I can do is to keep asking him for another copy... Sigh...

snappy;728156 said:
The only thing I can do is to keep asking him for another copy... Sigh...

Or you provide him a quality DVD... and instruct him to burn at the lowest speed...

Centurion9990;728197 said:
Or you provide him a quality DVD... and instruct him to burn at the lowest speed...
It might make things worst, if my dvd also can't work he may say,"see, it's your car's problem"

MapleLeaf;728282 said:
I can make you a 09 copy to try.

Thanks for te offer, but I don't wish to spend any more on it, as I've got Garmin on my ride now. It was meant to be a backup in case Garmin fails.

snappy;728254 said:
It might make things worst, if my dvd also can't work he may say,"see, it's your car's problem"

Suggest you ask for his "master" DVD to try in your car. If it works, then obviously his DVD copying is no good. If it doesn't, he sold you a faulty product and he should refund you. If he refuses to let you try his "master" DVD, then quite certain that his "master" DVD is faulty and he should refund you. If he says if try on your car, afraid your DVD player may damage his "master" DVD, then ask him to demonstrate it on a car that he knows his "master" DVD would work. If he again refuses, then very certain that his "master" DVD is faulty.

156F1;733278 said:
Suggest you ask for his "master" DVD to try in your car. If it works, then obviously his DVD copying is no good. If it doesn't, he sold you a faulty product and he should refund you. If he refuses to let you try his "master" DVD, then quite certain that his "master" DVD is faulty and he should refund you. If he says if try on your car, afraid your DVD player may damage his "master" DVD, then ask him to demonstrate it on a car that he knows his "master" DVD would work. If he again refuses, then very certain that his "master" DVD is faulty.

Thanks for the advise... Problem is he ask someone else to do it. I'm still waiting for the replacement, let's see how it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vn88ynet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back