F10 can read SMS !!!!

Re: F10 can read SMS !!!!

st8800;905484 said:
Cannot... tried oniPhone 4s and 5... both cannot. Must use phone to answer calls then must select output in iPhone to the car speaker. Latest version software... all also cannot.

Cannot received sms on iDrive because there is no option to do so after pairing. Select bluetooth menu also don't have message option.

try samsung s3.. if still cannot.. i think you know what to do next..

st8800;905484 said:
Cannot... tried oniPhone 4s and 5... both cannot. Must use phone to answer calls then must select output in iPhone to the car speaker. Latest version software... all also cannot.

Cannot received sms on iDrive because there is no option to do so after pairing. Select bluetooth menu also don't have message option.

try samsung s3.. if still cannot.. i think you know what to do next..

Learn to live with it lor... or change car hehe.... I'm waiting S4 too. S3 is so passe.....

st8800;905494 said:
Learn to live with it lor... or change car hehe.... I'm waiting S4 too. S3 is so passe.....

I think maybe you have hardware problem with Bluetooth module. Gotta go back to PML and hope they can fix it

F10 can read SMS !!!!

But how come 2nd call can use steering wheel to answer lol

Dunno. But if you're the only one with the problem with all phones it must be something in the car itself

Think I'm not the only one... ever seen some forumer report same issue...

Andrew68;903568 said:
Of cos. but the issue is your phone, not ur car. Iphone5 cfm can. Iphone4 with ios6 also cfm can.

Hi bro,

Can I confirm that iphone4 with IOS 6 can?
I have iphone4 with ios6 but can't seem to find the message function in office.
Anything I need to do to activate?
Incidentally, I checked the BMW website for phone compatibility, it's says iphone4 with iOS 6 cannot read SMS and email, that's why I gave up :(

M-Noobie;905600 said:
My Samsung S3 cannot read sms.

Bro, let me share with u. I'm using S3 and SMS is marvallous on my f10 until one day, I answer my call in the car using my paired ear piece (plantronic). You should know when ur s3 or any mobile devices is paired with a ear piece, the f10 Bluetooth cannot be turn on. So, inside the car, I disconnect my ear piece and pair f10 to the S3. To my surprise, the message feature is gone. Initially I don't know what happened. I spent almost two weeks to solve this problem. Later I change my S3 to Note2. SMS feature is good again until the above happen again. Therefore I knew what happened. In the car, I deleted totally the paired ear piece from my note2, ( not disconnect, is delete the paired ear piece), then the SMS feature appeared again.
I think some ear piece software clash with the SMS features in the f10.
So all bros out there who wonder why some people can and other people cannot, try my method.
Happy reading SMS in your car. Cheers.

Chuck my iPhone 5 for Notes II. SMS feature now available! But still have problem answering first incoming call on steering wheel.

st8800;921872 said:
Chuck my iPhone 5 for Notes II. SMS feature now available! But still have problem answering first incoming call on steering wheel.

bro, better send your car for a check... Bluetooth module

st8800;921872 said:

ok! now i got it! ST!
the screen in your I DRIVE...must be at the telephone interface! than u can answer your call on your steering.
at least mine is like that!
for outgoing call , just press the answer button to retreve previous call.HOPE THAT HELPS!

BTW mine ( small screen ) can play mp3 song via bluetooth from my galaxy tab.

Mine can answer first incoming call from steering. Can read sms, but only sms that came in while I am in the car.

If the phone is not locked, any call that comes in will have to be answered directly on phone.

F10 can read SMS !!!!

Had problem answering call on steering wheel when paired with my iPhone 4S but after sending it for servicing and telling PML the problem, it now works great. Don't know what they did. SMS on the car display is not important to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubettokyo
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back