F10 can read SMS !!!!

Re: F10 can read SMS !!!!

Andrew68;903568 said:
Of cos. but the issue is your phone, not ur car. Iphone5 cfm can. Iphone4 with ios6 also cfm can.
I using iPhone 5 with latest bluetooth UPD1005 software. Just updated today. Still cannot read SMS on iDrive. There is no option to include SMS after pairing of iPhone 5.

My F10 523HL is the last batch of shipment from PML before 520i/528i. Are u using it on F10 523i? If so, would appreciate if u can provide more info like year/mth of manufacturing and software version. Step by step instructions would also be great.

On the other hand.... I can only answer on 1st incoming call on steering wheel unlike previously can only use steering wheel after 1st call incoming or outgoing.

i updated my sw..now my internet also gone too,,,though i never use

st8800;903629 said:
I using iPhone 5 with latest bluetooth UPD1005 software. Just updated today. Still cannot read SMS on iDrive. There is no option to include SMS after pairing of iPhone 5.

My F10 523HL is the last batch of shipment from PML before 520i/528i. Are u using it on F10 523i? If so, would appreciate if u can provide more info like year/mth of manufacturing and software version. Step by step instructions would also be great.

Mine is f10 520 7/2012. Bluetooth SW vers is TX-003.004.031-003.004. U can find this on idrive (telephone -Bluetooth ).
Pairing is normal, no special setting. During pairing, a pop up on the phone ask permission to transfer message and then contact.

I am on iphone 4s ios6.

Can read sms but no email.

Anyway idrive DOES NOT sync your sms like contacts, at least for mine. Can only read sms that came in WHILE the phone is connected to car.

The BIGGEST issue though, is the fact that almost everyone is using whatsapp...no more sms.

Thats a good one... While we are finding way to view sms on idrive, i dun really receive sms that much nowadays.

F10 can read SMS !!!!

Bim5mer;903624 said:
Need someone from Samsung to explain!!!!! lol

Calling centurion9990 and ah wing....

i updated my sw..now my internet also gone too,,,though i never use

I just tried to connect to the internet again, pairing of phone was ok. But still can't connect to the internet. And I also can't access sms via my iDrive.

Andrew68;903641 said:
Mine is f10 520 7/2012. Bluetooth SW vers is TX-003.004.031-003.004. U can find this on idrive (telephone -Bluetooth ).
Pairing is normal, no special setting. During pairing, a pop up on the phone ask permission to transfer message and then contact.
Ya... so the difference is that u get pop up during pairing... for my case pop up don't appear. I think your software has a later version .005 now.

F10 can read SMS !!!!

Cb... still cannot answer call on first ring... Sibeh jialat leh.

st8800;904789 said:
Cb... still cannot answer call on first ring... Sibeh jialat leh.

I don't really understand what u meant. Can u elaborate further.

Honestly, how many times do we receive SMS when we are driving?

If it's your wife, she call u direct and no more romantic SMS
If it's your girlfriend, u will call her directly when you see the SMS
If it's your boss, you dun need to reply. Just slam on throttle all the way back to office

Shev;904803 said:
Honestly, how many times do we receive SMS when we are driving?

If it's your wife, she call u direct and no more romantic SMS
If it's your girlfriend, u will call her directly when you see the SMS
If it's your boss, you dun need to reply. Just slam on throttle all the way back to office

Bro, u r speaking for yourself. U must know why we r so "Kan Jeong" about this SMS issue. For my work, I receive many SMS and every SMS is very important to me, I must read it immediately.

Works fine with my iPhone 5. Had to enable show notifications on the Bluetooth menu. Messages only come in while you're sync'd. Also u need the latest Bluetooth software (download at BMW web site and upgrade using USB in glove compartment)

One trick is to set one of your short cut buttons to messages. That way when your phone vibrates and the message icon appears you can read the sms with one touch.

No email though

F10 can read SMS !!!!

Andrew68;904801 said:
I don't really understand what u meant. Can u elaborate further.

I cannot answer a first incoming calls with the steering wheel button unless I make a prior outgoing or already answered a prior incoming call. Strange but true.

st8800;905380 said:
I cannot answer a first incoming calls with the steering wheel button unless I make a prior outgoing or already answered a prior incoming call. Strange but true.

Have u updatedyour software?

if you yours is the latest then there is some hardware problem either with the car or with your phone.

Try a different phone?

iPhone 5 also can! When i received a msg on the screen, i press play and it start to read me the msg, very interesting.

BoneDoc;905388 said:
Have u updatedyour software?

if you yours is the latest then there is some hardware problem either with the car or with your phone.

Try a different phone?
Cannot... tried oniPhone 4s and 5... both cannot. Must use phone to answer calls then must select output in iPhone to the car speaker. Latest version software... all also cannot.

Cannot received sms on iDrive because there is no option to do so after pairing. Select bluetooth menu also don't have message option.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feinsteinzeug

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back