power :thumbsup:

mod once mod it right ... that is the best outcome
know what you like and know what you want

you tooooooooooo

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Re: E90 LCI 323i

cajun22;1014573 said:
Sean, have PM you.

I will be writing a review for all the stuff that i have changed individually as well as a whole after a few weeks.This will help all potential buyers of the stuff whether to avoid or go ahead and buy! If any bro want to try my car, just PM and we can arrange.

Thanks bro... Modsquito just bit me.. Very itchy.

you are right bro, manage to find out a lot from forums and fellow BMW owners, must thank all the members here that have contributed to the knowledge bank here. e90post have been a great help too but must make sure the stuff they recommend has RHD versions as the part numbers for LHD are different.

But the best advise or recommendation comes from actually trying the product on someones car first whcih explains why I am offering our members to try out my car, nothing beats trying out by yourself, it removes a lot of misconceptions and preconceptions.

Lastly for me, apart from $ consideration, there is also practical consideration as my baby girl is 8 months old. As such, some mods are really not in my pipeline as much as I am curious to try out( for eg: LSD, supercharging or even wide-body conversions)

Also to highlight the reason for going YAM3 is not to try to turn my car into a M3 or anything remotely close. I never harbor that illusion but I do really love how it looks hence the conversion. The other reason is that,I have decided to continue driving as changing cars is definitely not a wise move at the moment hence the decision to mod!

If anybody has any queries about the stuff that I have put on my car, feel free to whatspp/msg/PM or call me.

Have a great weekend guys.....

cajun22;1014581 said:
you are right bro, manage to find out a lot from forums and fellow BMW owners, must thank all the members here that have contributed to the knowledge bank here. e90post have been a great help too but must make sure the stuff they recommend has RHD versions as the part numbers for LHD are different.

But the best advise or recommendation comes from actually trying the product on someones car first whcih explains why I am offering our members to try out my car, nothing beats trying out by yourself, it removes a lot of misconceptions and preconceptions.

Lastly for me, apart from $ consideration, there is also practical consideration as my baby girl is 8 months old. As such, some mods are really not in my pipeline as much as I am curious to try out( for eg: LSD, supercharging or even wide-body conversions)

Also to highlight the reason for going YAM3 is not to try to turn my car into a M3 or anything remotely close. I never harbor that illusion but I do really love how it looks hence the conversion. The other reason is that,I have decided to continue driving as changing cars is definitely not a wise move at the moment hence the decision to mod!

If anybody has any queries about the stuff that I have put on my car, feel free to whatspp/msg/PM or call me.

Have a great weekend guys.....

unless you bringing it to track else SG road................not much use one..

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Looks like a tailpipe mod to me. Maybe can pass inspection .......

wt_know;1013859 said:
don't think the exhaust will pass inspection leh
gonna remove the bumper and lup a stock bumper with stock exhaust go for yearly inspection

wt_know;1015299 said:
no m3 boot lip spoiler?

havent arrive yet....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

it's on the way bro..

below are the full list of changes that have been done and where I got it from

-Internal

White LED Cabin lights- Bimshop
White LED footwell lights- Bimshop
M5 Knob retrofit- Eng Soon
M3 Steering- Imported from UK

-External

Replica M3 Bodykit( Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Skirts,Fenders and Hood)- Miracle Bodyworkz
Replica M3 19" rims with Goodyear F1 Assy 2- Rims from Rays, tyres from Hurry Tyres
M3 Suspension parts- Total 6pcs- Eng Soon
M3 Strut Bar-Eng Soon
M3 Side Mirror- Eng Soon
M3 Performance side indicators- Eng Soon
Customised Simota Carbon Air Intake- RTES
Customised Quad Exhaust- Fong Kim
ARMA M brakes- Horizon Auto Tuners
R-Logic Adjustable coilovers- RTES
H&R Sway Bars-Benzline
BMS Powerbox- 2277
White AE- Bimshop
White LED welcome lights- Bimshop
White LED Boot lights- Bimshop

-Items on the way
Performance CF Boot Spoiler
CF Lip
CF Diffuser
CF Internal Panel

-Items on KIV
M3 Cluster retrofit
M3 pedals
M3 seats retrofit
CF Bonnet
Whole Car respray to Gray Black

Last edited by a moderator:

bro,

consider frozen M colors, since u intend to respray.

Complete the whole YAM setup !

AWESOME mod list reference for e90 YAM bros

cajun22;1015305 said:
it's on the way bro..

below are the full list of changes that have been done and where I got it from

-Internal

White LED Cabin lights- Bimshop
White LED footwell lights- Bimshop
M5 Knob retrofit- Eng Soon
M3 Steering- Imported from UK

-External

Replica M3 Bodykit( Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Skirts,Fenders and Hood)- Miracle Bodyworkz
Replica M3 19" rims with Goodyear F1 Assy 2- Rims from Rays, tyres from Hurry Tyres
M3 Suspension parts- Total 6pcs- Eng Soon
M3 Strut Bar-Eng Soon
M3 Side Mirror- Eng Soon
M3 Performance side indicators- Eng Soon
Customised Simota Carbon Air Intake- RTES
Customised Quad Exhaust- Fong Kim
ARMA M brakes- Horizon Auto Tuners
R-Logic Adjustable coilovers- RTES
H&R Sway Bars-Benzline
BMS Powerbox- 2277
White AE- Bimshop
White LED welcome lights- Bimshop
White LED Boot lights- Bimshop

-Items on the way
Performance CF Boot Spoiler
CF Lip
CF Diffuser
CF Internal Panel

-Items on KIV
M3 Cluster retrofit
M3 pedals
M3 seats retrofit
CF Bonnet
Whole Car respray to Gray Black

hi, u have now officially overtaken the mwyammer.........

Thanks guys, but wont be changing ride anytime soon. Most likely will drive as long as I can as next car will likely be an SUV.( planning second child oredi) I will be writing a long term FR for all the individual items installed soon so stay tuned! In the meantime ride safe everyone..

My little Isabelle says hi and we may be able to make it for this weekend meetup..
View attachment 52521

Another update to share, decided to upgrade the stock sound system. With a small budget , I started reading on some of the possible upgrades. Found out that our cars actually have weird sizes woofers (4" and 6.5"). As such, either we sacrifice our stock panels and cut holes or buy systems which are made specifically for our cars. The other issue is that if we choose to change the headunit, there may be errors and the possibility of not being able to update our ECU.

After doing some homework and visiting of shops, decided to do it at Nam Huat Audio Garage. Will let the pictures do the talking.

My budget haul
View attachment 53316

Gladen 200 speaker setup- includes 1" tweeter, 4" mid , crossover and 8" woofer
View attachment 53317
View attachment 53335

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 Power amp
View attachment 53318
View attachment 53333
View attachment 53334
View attachment 53344

Alpine ICS-X8 Cloud Hu
View attachment 53319

below are some of the other stuff needed so that there are no errors and the usage of all our steering controls.
View attachment 53320

View attachment 53321

other stuff below

face plate to accommodate air-con relocation
View attachment 53322

Alpine reverse camera
View attachment 53323

Domes for tweeter
View attachment 53324

Install process below

Dismantling starts
View attachment 53325

View attachment 53326

View attachment 53327

View attachment 53328

stock under seat 6.5" woofers
View attachment 53329

side by side comparison with the 8" Gladen woofers
View attachment 53330

woofers installed
View attachment 53331

wires!!
View attachment 53336

all internal wires are wrapped with zip ties every 2-3" and all connector junction wrapped with felt cloth.
View attachment 53332

door dampening
View attachment 53337

headache
View attachment 53338

stock HU removed
View attachment 53339

new HU installed
View attachment 53340

stock 4" door mid driver
View attachment 53341

comparison to Gladen 4" driver
View attachment 53342

installed
View attachment 53343

dampening up
View attachment 53354

tweeter positioning adjustment
View attachment 53345

reverse camera installation- ( that's Mr. Foon by the way)
View attachment 53346

power amp placement mat positioning
View attachment 53347

power amp positioning
View attachment 53349

crossover pics
View attachment 53348

tweeter mounted
View attachment 53350

not sure what this is but I think its some kind of fuse
View attachment 53351

power amp mounted
View attachment 53352

final tuning done by Mr. Foon himself
View attachment 53353

Came back home and realized that my Pro Clip ( for Samsung Note 2) order has arrived as well. Will take more pics after installation of the Pro-clip together with my audio setup.
View attachment 53355

Verdict:
All I can say is that the sound blew me away. I am not sure whether I set my expectation too low or I am not used to hearing good sound from cars but the difference was almost night and day. Add to the fact that I can mirror my Samsung Note2 apps including Google map was a super bonus.

Other notable features includes, bluetooth pairing for answering calls and music playback. It also has USB link for both my Note 2 and my wife's Iphone 5. The other reason for choosing the ICS-X8 over their 530 model was due to the fact that this has in built sound processor as well. I foresee that I probably won"t go into adding a separate processor in the future.( but if I do want to go into it, this system also allow that , hehe)

The best part of all is Mr. Foon shared that I need to come back after roughly a month as he will tune the system again as the system will be "run-in" by then and it will sound even better!

I also have to commend the professionalism that Mr. Foon and his team have shown throughout the install as I was with them the whole time.He not only did the final tuning but also got into the action of installing and checking every part of the install process.

For your reference, I visited the shop today at around 12.30 pm today and they worked non stop and finished the job at around 7.30pm just nice for me to reach home for my family dinner.

I hope you enjoyed the write-up and as usual if anybody has any queries, feel free to contact me. If anybody want to listen to my humble setup, you are also welcome to contact me but probably after the run in period of 1 month.

Thanks guys..

Last edited by a moderator:

Next mod? Sunroof?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

jonleeck;1015382 said:
hi, u have now officially overtaken the mwyammer.........

more like remind me kenn super duper e92 mod diary or golf88 e90 lci

give the man a tiger~!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feinsteinzeug

Latest posts