E90 LCI 323i

Re: E90 LCI 323i

Would a ducting linked to an AC outlet give more cold air compared to 'Sucking' it nearer to the ground?

Just asking?

hi het, on hindsight you are right, must be careful with the HU at he bottom of the seat. However so far so good, the only reason it was relocated there is due to no space/saving space in the boot.

As for the CAI discussion, that's the reason I'm back on stock after reading up more. More importantly, I was affected by the heat soak thing, my low end suffered a bit but the mid and high end really benefited from my previous carbon charger.

I was looking at the AFE as it closely resemble our stock box so less chance of heat soak, and I found out that it sounds louder/nicer/fiercer is due to 2 holes at the sid. Since the 2 holes are facing the body panel and not ht engine side, it actually reduce the chance of heat soak.

Anyway, still deciding whether to go ahead with the AFE in the meantime I have ordered pipercross to try in my stock airbox.

View attachment 54953

I have also order adjustable rear toe arms from rogue engineering to complete my suspension mounting setup.

View attachment 54954

I did try the M3 version but it was not compatible with the e90 platform, hence my lowered rear setup has an inherent toe-in which can't be dialed out with alignment due to the limited range available with the stock setup so decided to get this. Should arrive in a couple of days.

update:

the pipercross is here!
View attachment 55033

View attachment 55034

For reference, the part number for N52 BMW is PX1781, I got mine at Horizon Auto Tuner . you can call Herman at 9010-3033 to find out more.

So far, the sound not much difference from my previous K&N but it seems more responsive. Not sure is it because my K&N was dirty. Anyway, will let it run in a bit and see how.

Another mod

View attachment 55035

View attachment 55036

View attachment 55037

decided to get the single channel as I felt that the rear channel a bit troublesome as it will be 2 recording onto a single card( which may compromise on the quality of video).

secondly, need to but another power magic and lastly need to remove internal upholstery for wiring.

below is a sample of the recording I took
[video=youtube_share;y04KpUk_b4g]http://youtu.be/y04KpUk_b4g[/video]

on the actual blackvue viewer, there is GPS information as well as a clip organiser. For the test clip. I only extracted the video. Quite happy with it. :)

update:

been happy with my ride except for a niggling wobbling on the steering wheel once in a while. couple with some clunking sound during start stop situation,after reading up a bit on it here and other forums, figured that it may be my engine mount giving way. so decided to change

View attachment 55117

since i was changing the mounts, may as well change the transmission mounts as well. Engine mounts are 335 and the transmission mounts are M3. I understand from Rodney that for 4 cyl, its rubber + air bushing, for 6 cyl its rubber + liquid and for the 335, it's all rubber. supposed to help with power transfer as well. First impression is the NVH level didn't really increase a lot but the car did feel more assured during acceleration. will be doing a summary of all the mods soon and will feedback more

Alpine ICS-X8 bluetooth playback
View attachment 53999

H Cajun22

I am also interested to install ICS-X8, but wonder if the Nuvi Navigation...can still be integrated back into the HU with Audio Sound??

hi Xman,

Yes you can integrate a GPS into the HU but you will have to buy the alpine GPS module( $700+) and a separate gps meant for the unit( $200-300+, either galactio,garmin or tom tom) which i thought was not worth it hence didn't do it.
I went ahead and updated the map for my stock BMW/Garmin for free instead :)

On another note, my package arrived. will probably fix it on Mon or Tues

View attachment 55169

View attachment 55170

What package? Tempting,......

BTW, does your Garmin BMW GPS sound go thru ICS-X8 to output its sound now?

no it doesn't as I have changed the HU but I can choose to transmit thru FM frequency if I wanted sound. the package is the adjustable toe arm mention above..

just got the adjustable toe arm fixed today

stock
View attachment 55193View attachment 55194

comparison
View attachment 55195

done
View attachment 55196View attachment 55197

managed to get my toe for the rear at 10' for both left and right for a total toe of 20', previously the minimum toe I could get was 1deg 60'.

driving impression is that the car definitely tracks straighter, I was listening out for funny sounds but there were none. not sure whether it's related but the car seem to turn in smoother/lighter on the steering. will wait for it to settle before more feedback.. personally quite happy with the mod. also to confirm NVH increase is negligible or none.

I went ahead and updated the map for my stock BMW/Garmin for free instead>>>

Where did you update the Map for your Garmin, I plan to do so

cajun22;1015588 said:
Thanks guys, but wont be changing ride anytime soon. Most likely will drive as long as I can as next car will likely be an SUV.( planning second child oredi) I will be writing a long term FR for all the individual items installed soon so stay tuned! In the meantime ride safe everyone..

My little Isabelle says hi and we may be able to make it for this weekend meetup..
View attachment 52521

So big already also never invite uncle Alvin go give Ang Bao.

Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon 2015( upgraded rear shocks to CCDB inline)
Rockshox Pike 160mm
ENVE RSR Carbon Bars
Next SL Cranks
XTR Magnesium Brakeset
SRAM XO1 Groupo
Deity Pedals
Rockshox Reverb Stealth post
E13 TRSr Rims/Hope EVO Hubs
Fizik Gobi Saddle
Maxxis DHR2 Tires

Weight
View attachment 63694

cajun22;1097429 said:
Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon 2015( upgraded rear shocks to CCDB inline)
Rockshox Pike 160mm
ENVE RSR Carbon Bars
Next SL Cranks
XTR Magnesium Brakeset
SRAM XO1 Groupo
Deity Pedals
Rockshox Reverb Stealth post
E13 TRSr Rims/Hope EVO Hubs
Fizik Gobi Saddle
Maxxis DHR2 Tires

Weight
View attachment 63694

Can't wait to see the bike!

Is it a big hassle for u to retrofitted ur previous Stoptech BBK to e90? As its originally from e46 rite?
Im on a research now to install bbk to my ride...but plan too look for those 4pot brembos from other model as it cost cheaper
Can we retrofitted caliper from any model let say evo 7/8/9 ot maybe fd2r? Or certain caliper only will do?

Is it a big hassle for u to retrofitted ur previous Stoptech BBK to e90? As its originally from e46 rite?
Im on a research now to install bbk to my ride...but plan too look for those 4pot brembos from other model as it cost cheaper
Can we retrofitted caliper from any model let say evo 7/8/9 ot maybe fd2r? Or certain caliper only will do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back