Collecting ride

Re: Collecting ride

Hi dear am newbie here and i want to say that The previous owners always had the BMW shop service this bike. I plan on doing my own maintainance and I know that there are good quality oils on the market that are 3 times cheaper than the BMW brand name stuff that will work just as good.

Hi guys!

Wondering if any bros waiting for car collection. I placed order on 1 Nov, then 7 Nov COE bidding my SE say fail, any idea normally will fail how many times? How long bef can collect car??

megafish;921823 said:
Hi guys!

Wondering if any bros waiting for car collection. I placed order on 1 Nov, then 7 Nov COE bidding my SE say fail, any idea normally will fail how many times? How long bef can collect car??

Calling Bro Meutral. Think similar experience

I ordered on 13 October. Failed e first COE bidding on 17 oct. secured bidding on 7 November. Collected ride on 12/11/12

Yanee;921907 said:
I ordered on 13 October. Failed e first COE bidding on 17 oct. secured bidding on 7 November. Collected ride on 12/11/12

Thanks for the info bro! Hope won't fail nov 21st Coe.
Has the registration plate crossed SKH 6000s yet??

Yanee;921907 said:

Thats very lucky!
U got 6k more paper value. Cheers

megafish;921915 said:

No problem.. all the best for e 21st coe bidding..
by the way, I'm a sis....
It is still in the 1000s series bro...

Comparing 116i and 118i

Hi all :smack:

Sorry to be hijacking the thread like this. I just realised that I do not have permission to create any new threads.

Anyhow, I have been browsing around for a new car to buy. Currently, I am driving a vios which is about 6 years old, and am thinking of capitalising on the COE increase and trading in my car while it still has value.

I am currently evaluating between the Scirocco and the 116i/118i. I believe I have read enough of the horror stories surrounding the DSG issues, and this is causing me to tilt ever so slightly in favour of the 116i/118i. I do like the shape of the BMW, but of course I felt that the Scirocco has a fiercer countenance.

Now on to my question :) In terms of performance, it seems that only the 118i (just specs on paper wise) is the equal of the Scirocco. I would like to ask the opinion of you good people, the difference in performance between the 116i/118i, and any aesthetic differences between the 2 as well.

Thanks in advance! I will probably be dropping by the weekend for a test drive.

cheers!

Of course, I mean real-world performance between the 2 :) I believe the 118i is faster than the 116i specs-on-paper wise :)

megafish;921915 said:

billionzzzz;922053 said:
Of course, I mean real-world performance between the 2 :) I believe the 118i is faster than the 116i specs-on-paper wise :)

don't forget the leather seats and door trims, different rims, kidney grilles, etc :p

billionzzzz;922051 said:
Comparing 116i and 118i

Sorry to be hijacking the thread like this. I just realised that I do not have permission to create any new threads.

Anyhow, I have been browsing around for a new car to buy. Currently, I am driving a vios which is about 6 years old, and am thinking of capitalising on the COE increase and trading in my car while it still has value.

I am currently evaluating between the Scirocco and the 116i/118i. I believe I have read enough of the horror stories surrounding the DSG issues, and this is causing me to tilt ever so slightly in favour of the 116i/118i. I do like the shape of the BMW, but of course I felt that the Scirocco has a fiercer countenance.

Now on to my question :) In terms of performance, it seems that only the 118i (just specs on paper wise) is the equal of the Scirocco. I would like to ask the opinion of you good people, the difference in performance between the 116i/118i, and any aesthetic differences between the 2 as well.

cheers!

Hi, it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for power, then 118i would be good. And of course, 118i comes with the better specs as well as leather interior and other aesthetics Improvement when compared to the 116i.

For the scirocco, if u want, better to get the 6 speed version. Then it will def be faster than 118i.

My ex-car is a scirocco 1.4 and although the car is fast, I realized that I never really need the power anyway. So to me, I changed to a 116i. Power is not that important to me and that saves me about 20k when compared to the 118i. Any aesthetic you can do on your own and it def is not expensive.

And I'm loving my ride now...

My two cents worth.

Yanee;922054 said:

Hahaha oh opps sorry. Thanks for the info again. Hopefully 21st
SE don't gimme bad news.

billionzzzz;922051 said:
Comparing 116i and 118i

cheers!

Hi, the key difference between 116 and 118 is as follows: 1. 118 is tuned up to about 180HP while the 116 is about 130HP and 118 has eco pro, comfort, sports and sports plus while 116 is just eco pro, comfort and sports. 2. 116 seat is half leather and half fabric while 118 is full leather with red stitching threads 3. 118 rims is better looking than the 116 rims 4. minor aesthetic difference in the fog light covers and associated air duct. Plus, 116 is white grilles and 118 is black grilles. Other than this, there is no other major differences.

Price difference is about 20k. But 118 OMV is obviously higher and arguably, 118 resale value is higher.

1. Both 116 and 118 uses the same engine. So, you buy 116, slap on a Kellenar Sports Module (piggy), you get close to 118 specs. It had been dyno before that a 116 with piggy clocked 170+HP. Price of the KS module is about 2+K

2. You can do up to full leather seats yourself, but very troublesome, from our 116/118 circle so far, none do the leather seat outside. heard the cost is about 2k

3. if you are changing rims type, then this doesn't bother you. 116 rims trade in value is about 800 to 1k while 118 rims trade in value is about 1-1.2k

4. no problems with the fog light cover, air duct and grilles. See the other threads. you spend about 300+, you can DIY yourself to make it look like 118 easily....

You ask me, you do the math, and the choice the obvious. There are 2 schools of thought (1) get 116, have fun in modding to 118 like above mentioned. (2) just get 118 and remain stock as you so called 'have everything'.Or if budget is not an issue, get 118 and still mod even further!

So you decide what's best for yourself. Go test drive BOTH and ask the agent for the differences.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah yang;922110 said:
Bro, got diff meh? Thought both 1.6l???

If you talking about 116 and 118, both same engine and same capacity. therefore, same road tax and cat A COE.

If one intend to tune up, then better buy 116 from PI. Save probably a further 10k.

118i vs 116i main difference is the power output and the seats. 118i is having full leather sports seats with adjustable rib width. It is a pity that 116 cannot have the option of sports seats. It is very hugging and comfy. Quite similar to 1M seats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for all your responses!

Very detailed and definitely gave me more to ponder.

I will be heading down for the test drive this weekend, and I will report in again. Hopefully with good news :p

Vince82;922060 said:
Hi, it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for power, then 118i would be good. And of course, 118i comes with the better specs as well as leather interior and other aesthetics Improvement when compared to the 116i.

For the scirocco, if u want, better to get the 6 speed version. Then it will def be faster than 118i.

My ex-car is a scirocco 1.4 and although the car is fast, I realized that I never really need the power anyway. So to me, I changed to a 116i. Power is not that important to me and that saves me about 20k when compared to the 118i. Any aesthetic you can do on your own and it def is not expensive.

And I'm loving my ride now...

My two cents worth.

Hey Vince82,

Did you have much issues with your DSG?

I understand what you mean by not needing much power. I drive "normally" these days, without ever exceeding 120. I must be getting old, or the vios just feels to feathery light.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s666boston

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back