• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

BMW 3 series and 5 series for Sale - Used for Singapore Air Show

Re: BMW 3 series and 5 series for Sale - Used for Singapore Air Show

Me thinking of getting one too, but then, very high chance that these are the same cars used for Apec 2009? so when were the cars registered?

In-SG-BMW.jpg

BMW limos for Apec meet

July 10, 2009
BMW limos for Apec meet
By Christopher Tan, Senior Correspondent

GERMAN luxury car maker BMW is supplying close to 300 cars to ferry delegates attending a series of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) meetings Singapore is hosting this year.

BMW Asia held a handing over ceremony on Friday morning for the fleet of 295 Beemers, consisting of 7-series and 5-series cars.

It is one of the biggest car sponsorships of its kind here. But unlike previous occasions, when such cars are sold to the general public at discounted rates, the 295 BMWs will be kept for other similar events stretching into next year.

The cars will therefore not be registered, but will wear special number plates here. Even so, the sponsorship is a sizeable monetary commitment, costing an estimated $18 million, based on the cost of the vehicles before registration taxes.

BMW has been the biggest sponsor of national events. Starting with the World Trade Organisation Ministerial Conference held here in 1996, the company has supplied between 1,500 and 2,000 cars.

In 2006, it supplied well over 500 cars for the International Monetary Fund and World Bank meetings here.

BMW Asia managing director Johannes Seibert described that as 'one of the biggest projects of its kind undertaken by BMW anywhere in the world'.

The German company also supplied cars for three airshows held here.

Apec Singapore 2009 will see some 12,000 participants attending 114 meetings here. The event will culminate with a forum in November to be attended by leaders from 21 member nations.

billcoke;515534 said:
Me thinking of getting one too, but then, very high chance that these are the same cars used for Apec 2009? so when were the cars registered?

In-SG-BMW.jpg

Most probably used for APEC as well....I did check with PML in Oct '09 regarding those E60, but they say they are not selling and refuses to say why....anyway, APEC vehicles were on the road since Feb'09, so they are about a year by now.

Merlin_sg;515633 said:
Most probably used for APEC as well....I did check with PML in Oct '09 regarding those E60, but they say they are not selling and refuses to say why....anyway, APEC vehicles were on the road since Feb'09, so they are about a year by now.

Same here, I checked with PML after the APEC meeting, was told that they are not for sale, so thought the cars were reserved for IR.

If the news on APEC was reported in July 09, it is possible that the cars were registered more than 6 mths ago, so the $10-20K saving is to cover the 6mths depreciation, and not the 1mth depreciation for the Air Show which most of us thought.

billcoke;515689 said:
Same here, I checked with PML after the APEC meeting, was told that they are not for sale, so thought the cars were reserved for IR.

If the news on APEC was reported in July 09, it is possible that the cars were registered more than 6 mths ago, so the $10-20K saving is to cover the 6mths depreciation, and not the 1mth depreciation for the Air Show which most of us thought.

It should be more than 6months as the APEC vehicles should be registered in early 2009 or late 2008, before the start of APEC meeting in Feb 09, so as to faciliate training for the drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:

billcoke;515689 said:

I booked the last unit of 520 airshow car weeks ago cause wife found the price was very attractive. After some research online i did a switching yesterday to a new 525. The main reason is the 2.5L engine and a new car with more colour choice.. If i am not wrong the diff between airshow car and new car is around 7k. So if u could get the colour u then why not. Anyway all airshow cars are sold out.

Saw a Black 5series in KPE tunnel today... carplate no. AIRSHOW268

Hi Guys, newbie here.

Booked my 520i few weeks back. PML provide a good trade deal for my used car compare to other leading Continental Company. Thought of getting the 525i but discount is the same as the 520i. First time driving a continental car and hope that it's worth the ride. Cheers

M said:
Hi Guys, newbie here.

Booked my 520i few weeks back. PML provide a good trade deal for my used car compare to other leading Continental Company. Thought of getting the 525i but discount is the same as the 520i. First time driving a continental car and hope that it's worth the ride. Cheers
definitely worth it. welcome in.

What do they do with the cars when there is no event? For months they are parked in the open, at mercy of the tropical sun and temperature cycling from 25C to 60C everyday? Can't imagine that all these would find shaded parking. And also even if they are used for "management" it can't be so many?

andy_sg;509697 said:
will the new bmw 5 series arrival push down the prices of the 3 series?

what do u think?

i don't really fancy the current 5 series because of its trunk/boot which looks quite fat and not well design as the 3 series.

will push down price of E class thou

at last getting my ride tomorrow at noon, hope the mileage

white;518443 said:
at last getting my ride tomorrow at noon, hope the mileage

M said:
Hi Guys, newbie here.

Hi M,M&M,

good choice...................no regrets man..........

cheers

ac323;518452 said:
Hi M,M&M,

good choice...................no regrets man..........

cheers
Thanks. Happy CNY to all!

i got my ride on 10 feb too mileage is around 400 plus only

ac323;518451 said:
Hi White,

Congrats man...........Just in time for CNY................

E60 or E90?

vroom vroom
cheers

mine an E60. Mileage at 1100.

cheers

Just got mine too. White E60 mileage 1000 km. Learnt a lot here.....

taneks;518987 said:
Just got mine too. White E60 mileage 1000 km. Learnt a lot here.....

Hi taneks,

congrats and welcome in..........

cheers

I have just collected my 318i on 6th Feb. Mileage at 300km.
First time owning a BMW and I must say that the drive is SUPERB! :chinese:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back