• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

BMW 3 series and 5 series for Sale - Used for Singapore Air Show

andy_sg

As above, the cars are about 20k cheaper than it is.

But bear in mind that they are not really consider as NEW CARS because they will be used by the officials/chaffeurs involved in the SINGAPORE AIR SHOW.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it's worth buying? What is the assurance of the quality of such cars?

E.g. will we see scratches/dents or damage leather/equipment ..

Re: BMW 3 series and 5 series for Sale - Used for Singapore Air Show

is it really $20k off? then maybe worth to consider as the warranty from PML will only start when you collect your ride..the only downside is 1) choice of color maybe limited? 2) you will have to wait till the event is completed before you can collect the car 3) for 5 series...the new model is on the way here soon?

blackknight88;509137 said:
is it really $20k off? then maybe worth to consider as the warranty from PML will only start when you collect your ride..the only downside is 1) choice of color maybe limited? 2) you will have to wait till the event is completed before you can collect the car 3) for 5 series...the new model is on the way here soon?

+1 unless is M3 or M5.............

cheers

1. where can i view the pictures of the new 5 series?
2. what does ac323 meant by +1 ?

andy_sg;509142 said:
1. where can i view the pictures of the new 5 series?
2. what does ac323 meant by +1 ?

Hi andy,

the new 5 series, you can actually log on to probably the website of the world BMW forum (i think) or do a search in the net..........

ok ok, +1 meaning good to go.......................

vroom vroom
cheers

were these the ones used by apec also? coz that batch were not released for sale, perhaps was kept for this one then one shot sell?

i'd say you can go for these cars if you do not intend to expect new car feel, and you do not intend to keep the car for long time. treat it like a 2nd hand car purchase with 1 owner on log card. coz the 'virginity' of the car is gone liao by the time you collect. When not chauffeuring the vips, the drivers tend to whack the car really hard. i've seen these people do funny things on the road as these are not their cars.

the other thing is that, when you do finally sell your car, it's not easy for the buyer to track that this is a tradeshow car. so it's pretty good value.

Racebred;509148 said:
were these the ones used by apec also? coz that batch were not released for sale, perhaps was kept for this one then one shot sell?

i'd say you can go for these cars if you do not intend to expect new car feel, and you do not intend to keep the car for long time. treat it like a 2nd hand car purchase with 1 owner on log card. coz the 'virginity' of the car is gone liao by the time you collect. When not chauffeuring the vips, the drivers tend to whack the car really hard. i've seen these people do funny things on the road as these are not their cars.

the other thing is that, when you do finally sell your car, it's not easy for the buyer to track that this is a tradeshow car. so it's pretty good value.
+1. i think they r used for apec. unlike previous years pml has stated that they will not be selling them but will keep them as fleet cars. dun think they will be selling them.

Racebred;509148 said:

I managed to had a word with the agent and he said that every equipment n features will be there except the wood trim willbe black color.

In addition, he said that if u buy the car, u will be consider as the 1st owner and the warranty commences on the date u collect the ride.

in short, all is the same as new except the mileage won't be at 0.. most likely few hundreds to thousands of km

do you know what models are available? which 3 and which 5? how much?

Heard the 318 is going around 115K+. Not really 20K off. Others might have better offer.

if the 318 is going for 115, then it's not exactly cheaper than last month's price which can go down to 112k

Wait minute, when are the cars registered?

If it's registered a year ago, then 20k off is the same as depreciation of first year 320, yes, no?

Of course the advantage is that you have 3 years warranty.

i believe the cars used are not registered.
If u notice, during the Barclays Open, APEC events, all the bmw cars bore off road registration plates.

this might be the same fleet used during the Barclays Open, APEC meeting and then Air Show.

Hence if u were to buy them, expect mileage which may be up to 10k, but if the discount is substantial, go for it because if u were to drive and sell in a years time, i doubt u will lose any money at all

question is, are they even up for sale?

Slater;509230 said:

my thoughts exactly ! hence was quite suprised when the OP mentioned these cars were for sale

ClemZ;509232 said:
my thoughts exactly ! hence was quite suprised when the OP mentioned these cars were for sale
we shall see how this goes. personally it wouldnt make business sense for them to keep those cars for too long. better to let them go early. was suprised when they said that they r gonna keep it.

Slater;509234 said:
we shall see how this goes. personally it wouldnt make business sense for them to keep those cars for too long. better to let them go early. was suprised when they said that they r gonna keep it.

bro,

how's ur new car search going ?

if they are really selling, u might pick up a nice 530 at a huge discount ! i saw 2 530 at the Barclays Open !

ClemZ;509238 said:
bro,

how's ur new car search going ?

if they are really selling, u might pick up a nice 530 at a huge discount ! i saw 2 530 at the Barclays Open !
thanks bro. car search is going on fine.

my preference is for something current. with the new 5 series on the way, unlikely i will still purchase the E60. although i must say the savings are hard to give up.

Slater;509230 said:

I tot PML have an advertisement on ST on selling the cars used for the coming air show?

sony;509280 said:
I tot PML have an advertisement on ST on selling the cars used for the coming air show?
u r right. they r selling but limited limits only. go fer it guys!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back