Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

Re: Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

Dear brothers/sisters,

I am a newbie here. May i know can i installed a LCD screen in the panel? Any bro/sis done that? I intend to install 7 LCD screen and a TV tuner? What is the cost and where can i do it?

Please enlighten. Thank you so much.

BMWM3;442765 said:
Dear brothers/sisters,

I am a newbie here. May i know can i installed a LCD screen in the panel? Any bro/sis done that? I intend to install 7 LCD screen and a TV tuner? What is the cost and where can i do it?

Please enlighten. Thank you so much.

Tough if you dont want to mess up the BMW audio system. We have prof here who did it with no problem, But mostly with I-drive setup. your call!!

Will the warranty void if a 7" LCD screen is installed?

The amp would properly under the co-driver seat.....to conceal.

So has anyone installed the alpine systems? I am keen to hear the feedback before deciding.

tot @ $1168, we can also get something decent - outside.

Sorry guys, hijack the thread a little.

I've been wondering for the longest time about the Principal of Joy Promotion for the Coupes - I quote "Purchase a new BMW 630i or BMW 335i and receive a complimentary $2000 Performance Motors aftersales voucher. Also, enjoy a complimentary upgrade to the Alpine Sound System in the BMW 125i."

Does the marketing drivel mean that new 125i owners entitled to a FREE upgrade to the Alpine Sound System? Or does it mean that they still have to fork out a discounted rate of $1168 to upgrade to the Alpine Sound System, as discussed in this thread?

I asked my SE about this and he just dismissed it with a vague answer that didn't address my query at all.

Anyone able to shed any light on this?

complimentary means free so u should not have to fork out a cent for the upgrade

ktnpl;444986 said:
complimentary means free so u should not have to fork out a cent for the upgrade

Thanks for clearing that up ktnpl.

You see, I've booked a new 125i earlier this month when the POJ started, but the thing is, my ride is supposed to have arrived on the 13th, but my SE hasn't confirmed that for me yet, despite me asking this question a couple of times after the 13th. So I guess I'm eligible for this free upgrade right? Even if my ride is late and arrives AFTER the 21st (last day of POJ)?

In fact, I noted this complimentary upgrade thing when I made the booking for my new ride, and thus asked the SE about it, but he shrugged it off with something vague - I think something to the effect of that it's not worth it unless you're an audiophile or something.

I didn't press the issue any further since the car wasn't due to arrive till mid-June.

However, I read from this thread that the Alpine upgrade is presently OOS, and some of the bros here who are keen on retrofitting it were told by PML to pay a deposit (or was it the full sum) for it and wait for the parts to arrive.

What happens then to the new 1 and 3 owners who bought their cars during the POJ period? Does it mean that their new rides would already be fitted with the Alpine Sound System upgrade? Or they'd have to wait together with the rest to retrofit them when the parts arrive?

PML have to give you the upgrade if they advertised it but I noticed the upgrade is not mentioned on the POJ booklet that they mailed to existing customers. Was it on the ads or flyers?

If yes, I'd recommend asking your SE to arrange for it to be installed before registration as PML's Service Adviser told me it takes 2 to 3 days for installation :O

The stock sound system for 335i does sound better than the normal ones. It has more oomph. Asuming the sound system for 135i is the same as 335i, you might want to consider selling the vouchers if they are out of stock cos it is a pain to leave the car at the workshop for 2 to 3 days after collecting it.

I'll probably check out the demo on Saturday but the installation time is a big turn-off.

ktnpl;444993 said:
PML have to give you the upgrade if they advertised it but I noticed the upgrade is not mentioned on the POJ booklet that they mailed to existing customers. Was it on the ads or flyers?

If yes, I'd recommend asking your SE to arrange for it to be installed before registration as PML's Service Adviser told me it takes 2 to 3 days for installation :O

The stock sound system for 335i does sound better than the normal ones. It has more oomph. Asuming the sound system for 135i is the same as 335i, you might want to consider selling the vouchers if they are out of stock cos it is a pain to leave the car at the workshop for 2 to 3 days after collecting it.

I'll probably check out the demo on Saturday but the installation time is a big turn-off.

It was in one of the POJ booklets that I got, probably different from the one you received in the mail. I got both from the showroom. And the one that advertised the complimentary upgrade for new 1 and 3 owners is a shorter booklet that is catagorized according to the series and what POJ stuff each gets.

The online POJ Promo brochure here also says the same thing.

I don't quite get what you are trying to say about the 335 and 135's sound system sounding better - do they come standard with Alpine Sound System upgrades already?

Well I figured that if they are OOS, I would still come back another day to install it. It's an extra amp and some other stuff we're talking about. For free. Plus I reckon PML would make the vouchers non-transferable if the parts are OOS at the moment. :errmm:

Tintin;445015 said:
I don't quite get what you are trying to say about the 335 and 135's sound system sounding better - do they come standard with Alpine Sound System upgrades already?

Well I figured that if they are OOS, I would still come back another day to install it. It's an extra amp and some other stuff we're talking about. For free. Plus I reckon PML would make the vouchers non-transferable if the parts are OOS at the moment. :errmm:

The new 335i coupe/convertible has loudspeaker system but not 335i sedan. The ones in the showroom (when I last checked) did not have the loudspeakers but they are specified in the pamphlet.

Mine is a sedan which does not have loudspeakers (confirmed by Service Adviser) but it still sounds better than the 318i/320i/323i/325i.

If the item is out of stock you can try asking for vouchers in lieu of the upgrade. That way you will have more flexibility. You can either purchase the hifi system later or use the vouchers for servicing, parts and toys. The vouchers are quite useful. I have already used up my $1,200 worth of vouchers.

ktnpl;445128 said:
The new 335i coupe/convertible has loudspeaker system but not 335i sedan. The ones in the showroom (when I last checked) did not have the loudspeakers but they are specified in the pamphlet.

Mine is a sedan which does not have loudspeakers (confirmed by Service Adviser) but it still sounds better than the 318i/320i/323i/325i.

If the item is out of stock you can try asking for vouchers in lieu of the upgrade. That way you will have more flexibility. You can either purchase the hifi system later or use the vouchers for servicing, parts and toys. The vouchers are quite useful. I have already used up my $1,200 worth of vouchers.

It now seems that my SE has squirmed his way out of this, claiming on the grounds that:

a) I had booked my ride before POJ Promo

b) He had given me discounts instead of items and that is better than the upgrade

He also claimed that he could slot my deal in for the POJ Promo, but that would result in less discount and I would have to pay more.

Very very disappointing. I am likely to take it up with the management.

Tintin;445150 said:
It now seems that my SE has squirmed his way out of this, claiming on the grounds that:

a) I had booked my ride before POJ Promo

b) He had given me discounts instead of items and that is better than the upgrade

He also claimed that he could slot my deal in for the POJ Promo, but that would result in less discount and I would have to pay more.

Very very disappointing. I am likely to take it up with the management.

Did you book your car before or during the Principles of Joy promotion?

If you had indeed booked your car before the promotion started, then rightly so that you are not entitled to the Alpine upgrade.

He did not have to, but has also given you the option of switching to the promotion and has again, rightly pointed out that he cannot give you the same pre-promotion discounts if you choose to switch.

So really, nothing to be disappointed about. Mac's starts a promo for kiddie toys with happy meals today - do you claim a kiddie toy from them on a happy meal you bought yesterday, for which you had already paid a specially discounted price?

Just make a decision on whether you want to keep your discounts or go for the Alpine upgrade.

And enjoy your ride - nice exhaust note! :)

Breyton;445159 said:

If you had indeed booked your car before the promotion started, then rightly so that you are not entitled to the Alpine upgrade.

He did not have to, but has also given you the option of switching to the promotion and has again, rightly pointed out that he cannot give you the same pre-promotion discounts if you choose to switch.

So really, nothing to be disappointed about. Mac's starts a promo for kiddie toys with happy meals today - do you claim a kiddie toy from them on a happy meal you bought yesterday, for which you had already paid a specially discounted price?

Just make a decision on whether you want to keep your discounts or the Alpine upgrade.

Well said, I agree with you on this but I also feel the pain for Tintin to miss out on this... anyway not a big deal. If u got free vouchers just use them to upgrade (i think still worth it)

I got my install date set for next week already :)

Breyton;445159 said:

Just make a decision on whether you want to keep your discounts or the Alpine upgrade.

I think I made my booking just the day before the POJ - can't remember, have to check my receipt.

But what's the definition of being eligible for the promo? The day you made the booking? Or the day you take delivery of the car? My new ride wasn't due to arrive till the middle of the month when I made the commitment - in fact, I was told that it has just arrived, and delivery should hopefully be by the end of the month.

It's all kept deliberately vague I guess, so that they can dictate terms.

Heheh yes you noticed that the 125's exhuast note is nice too? Hahah for a while I thought that it was only me who noticed it between the 125 and the 130, even though the former is detuned on the same in-line 6 engine. I noticed that the 125 purrs when idling at the lights, whereas the 130 is surprisingly quieter, but undoubtedly more powerful lah.

Neo30i;445171 said:
Well said, I agree with you on this but I also feel the pain for Tintin to miss out on this... anyway not a big deal. If u got free vouchers just use them to upgrade (i think still worth it)

I got my install date set for next week already :)

I think got no vouchers for me lor. SE claims that he has gotten discounts for me instead of extras.

Haiz ... :blahblah:

Tintin;445181 said:
I think I made my booking just the day before the POJ - can't remember, have to check my receipt.

But what's the definition of being eligible for the promo? The day you made the booking? Or the day you take delivery of the car? My new ride wasn't due to arrive till the middle of the month when I made the commitment - in fact, I was told that it has just arrived, and delivery should hopefully be by the end of the month.

It's all kept deliberately vague I guess, so that they can dictate terms.

Heheh yes you noticed that the 125's exhuast note is nice too? Hahah for a while I thought that it was only me who noticed it between the 125 and the 130, even though the former is detuned on the same in-line 6 engine. I noticed that the 125 purrs when idling at the lights, whereas the 130 is surprisingly quieter, but undoubtedly more powerful lah.

I believe in general you have to make the booking during the promo period to be eligible for the goodies associated with the promo - so booking date applies and not delivery date. That's why companies run promos - to get new sales. That you made the booking so close to the start of the promo is probably the reason why your SE even offered to slot you into the promo if you chose to. But obviously you can't have the benefits from both deals...

Yes, I noticed the exhaust note when the 1 coupe was first launched and I was driving next to a 125i with my top down.... so I got to hear it really up close. It's a lot more like the creamy note of the older Beemers with the M54 engines rather than the slightly more metallic whine of the newer N52 engines, even though it is using the N52B30....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feinsteinzeug

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back