Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

Re: Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

kiss29,

I also looking for the Earthquake SWS-8" woofer! can pls PM me if you manage to find?

I'm most likely to go with the Alpine PML upgrade to get all the wiring and warranty intact and later change the underseat speakers myself or with some help :)

Wondering if it is a significant improvement over the 335i stock sound system. Some claim that the 335i already has hi-fi loudspeaker system. Was at Bukit Timah PML today but they have not installed the demo set yet. Avoid Bt Timah / Dunearn Rd though as there is a massive jam today due to closure of 2 lanes for road works.

For those of you who are considering changing the subs to Earthquake, I would strongly recommend that you find out the power rating of the amp first. AFAIK, the rating is not mentioned anywhere.

ktnpl;440988 said:
Wondering if it is a significant improvement over the 335i stock sound system. Some claim that the 335i already has hi-fi loudspeaker system. Was at Bukit Timah PML today but they have not installed the demo set yet. Avoid Bt Timah / Dunearn Rd though as there is a massive jam today due to closure of 2 lanes for road works.

Unless you specced for Logic 7, the 335 from PML will by default come with the hifi loudspeaker system which is crap unless u play CD.

just called eng soon - they do not supply this. PML is having a demo on 20/21 june. Need to place order and that will take 2 weeks - installation will take full day

I called up engsoon last week....can indent order at less than $1000, including the two corner trims.

I just called up PML, enquiry about installing this on a PI 320i, the fellow said "No problem, just give him the car Chassis number and he will checked for suitability and even asked me which workshop (dunean, alexandra) I want to install it at"

Now...the problem is my car is not even in Singapore yet! And this Festival of Joy promo is only for 4 weekends.....

I guess I have to get it from engsoon and get it installed by outside installer when my car arrived in Singapore.

guys

you can place order first and fix it at a later date, no problem. infact they may not have stock on hand and got to intend in between 2 to 6weeks. :)

called PML and they said due to overwhelming response, the door frame for the tweeter has run out of stock liao (may be they have 2 frames only ... hahaha).
need to indent and waiting time is 2 to 6 weeks :boring: .... still can enjoy the promotion if book now and fix up later.

kiss29;441612 said:
Now...thats a very good news!

kiss29;441551 said:
I called up engsoon last week....can indent order at less than $1000, including the two corner trims.

I just called up PML, enquiry about installing this on a PI 320i, the fellow said "No problem, just give him the car Chassis number and he will checked for suitability and even asked me which workshop (dunean, alexandra) I want to install it at"

Now...the problem is my car is not even in Singapore yet! And this Festival of Joy promo is only for 4 weekends.....

I guess I have to get it from engsoon and get it installed by outside installer when my car arrived in Singapore.

who did you speak with? i called engsoon and they say they do not have. How much would the kit and installation cost intotal? if there is a good discount over pml's price, i would like to join in yr order pls

You may be right that they don't have it as ready stock....but got to indent!

Received this from engsoon Kenrick via e-mail

1) "Alpine Hi-Fi System", part number 65410445684. 1 piece @ S$850.00 no stock
2) Corner mouldings (left + right), part number 51337184197 & 51337184198. 1 piece each. @ S$28.00 each no stock
3) Spring clip, part number 51337182524. 2 pieces @ S$1.00 each no stock
Order by air it takes about 3-4weeks

I think it will cost $910 for the package.
Assuming $100 installation fee at outside hifi shop, final cost of $1010.

$100++ savings over PML is reasonable or not, up to individual lah.

P.S. not sure PML offer includes the two left+right corner mouldings ($56) or not.

murphys33;441828 said:
who did you speak with? i called engsoon and they say they do not have. How much would the kit and installation cost intotal? if there is a good discount over pml's price, i would like to join in yr order pls

guys

the fee include all parts and installation. that's what the parts department guys said. therefore the premium if we pay to PML is not too much. infact if they dont fix well we can always go back to them. there a lot of panel to remove and this people everyday just remove panel only unlike outside prof. Not said outside prof no good but the saving is not great enough to take risk.

Yes, agree!:wavey:

danryan;441910 said:
guys

the fee include all parts and installation. that's what the parts department guys said. therefore the premium if we pay to PML is not too much. infact if they dont fix well we can always go back to them. there a lot of panel to remove and this people everyday just remove panel only unlike outside prof. Not said outside prof no good but the saving is not great enough to take risk.

Just ordered mine today at PML Alexandra :dance:

The Parts Department guy says the order will probably arrive in about 2 weeks then he will call me to schedule an installation date.

whiskyrum;441916 said:
Just ordered mine today at PML Alexandra :dance:

The Parts Department guy says the order will probably arrive in about 2 weeks then he will call me to schedule an installation date.

I called up PML (Alexandra) to ask just now.
Person says to pre-order must make deposit of full payment! :yikess:
How can deposit be full-payment???
And need 4 weeks to order! :ultrasho:

Bro - is this same for you? Thks!

no lah - they told me only take 2 weeks. installation will take a full day though

6888;441984 said:
I called up PML (Alexandra) to ask just now.
Person says to pre-order must make deposit of full payment! :yikess:
How can deposit be full-payment???
And need 4 weeks to order! :ultrasho:

Bro - is this same for you? Thks!

Yup, I paid full. They shouldn't call it deposit in the first place :screwedu:

The guy told me between 2 to 3 weeks to order. Maybe a different guy attended to you. Anyhow, from experience, I don't have much confidence in PML delivering the parts within the promised time.

I would disagree. I ordered both the door frames with tweeter mounts and they delivered within 2 weeks. My experience with them is good, so far.

whiskyrum;441987 said:
Yup, I paid full. They shouldn't call it deposit in the first place :screwedu:

The guy told me between 2 to 3 weeks to order. Maybe a different guy attended to you. Anyhow, from experience, I don't have much confidence in PML delivering the parts within the promised time.

Customers have the option to pay deposit which is 50% of value or full payment.
I only paid the deposit. You can also use your PML vouchers if u have any...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s666boston

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back