Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

Re: Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

hmm having sound come out from the rear first sounds annoying... maybe i do it after my warranty expires...

detach8;724762 said:
hmm having sound come out from the rear first sounds annoying... maybe i do it after my warranty expires...

no regrets doing it. The stock unit really sucks. With the Alpine kit, there is proper treble, better mid-range and punchier bass. It's no Mark Levinson but still a worthwhile improvement.

i'm not sure if you guys realize but the stock EQ sucks... so i have set my treble -3 and bass +2 and it sounds much better... i wanna know what you guys set on the alpine kit... given the stock eq curve coming out and into the alpine unit i think there's no difference, can any bro here try treble -3 and bass +2, let me know how it sounds?

detach8;725586 said:
i'm not sure if you guys realize but the stock EQ sucks... so i have set my treble -3 and bass +2 and it sounds much better... i wanna know what you guys set on the alpine kit... given the stock eq curve coming out and into the alpine unit i think there's no difference, can any bro here try treble -3 and bass +2, let me know how it sounds?

just installed mine today...dunno abt the above setting but mine is set to +3 bass and +3 treble seems to sound fine to me.

overall i would rate this Alpine upgrade as a +30% improvement. it gave the sound system more 'substance' and some 'staging'. but bcoz it brings the sound 'closer' to u also makes distortions from ur music (mp3 types) much more audible and pronounced...

Hmmm bro whiteonyx where do you live? If you live near me I'd like to drop by and listen to the change!

Hi all, I just enquired with PML and the Alpine upgrade costs $10xx now including labour. Didn't remember the exact figure. Does this sound like a good deal? Ordering the kit takes about 4 weeks. I'm assuming the same issue of having the rear speakers fire up first is still there?

during promotion it was $1,100 all in
the only BAD thing about this kit is the rear speaker on first and front speaker on few seconds later and create a "shock" ....
alternatively, take a look on aftermarket offering within the same budget of $1000+ ... check with site sponsor soundwerks

aproo;786893 said:
Hi all, I just enquired with PML and the Alpine upgrade costs $10xx now including labour. Didn't remember the exact figure. Does this sound like a good deal? Ordering the kit takes about 4 weeks. I'm assuming the same issue of having the rear speakers fire up first is still there?

aproo;786893 said:

The rear speakers sounding first is really not a big deal - can easily get used to it. Biggest improvement is having tweeters for proper treble and proper bass from the underseat subs due to more power.

I guess you can always get a better result aftermarket, thouh not sure the cost.

Hi Guys,

I am keen to get this done but I am a little concerned about the rear speakers going "online" first before the front.

Is this a BMW quirk or a problem with the kit? Not possible to resolve?

Thanks.

Cheers.

cyrus271;786994 said:
The rear speakers sounding first is really not a big deal - can easily get used to it. Biggest improvement is having tweeters for proper treble and proper bass from the underseat subs due to more power.

I guess you can always get a better result aftermarket, thouh not sure the cost.

Does the kit come with sub? I thought it's 2 tweeters, 2 mid-range and an amp?

no, the kit does not come with subwoofer

by default, there is already stock subwoofer underneath the seat.
it's just the alpine amplifier makes the sound better

aproo;787139 said:
Does the kit come with sub? I thought it's 2 tweeters, 2 mid-range and an amp?

aproo;787171 said:
LOL! Didn't even know there's a sub under the seat!

yup - the stock system sure does not let u feel like there is a sub in the floor underneath the front seats :)

Does the upgrade involve a lot of surgery on the car? Just got my e92 2 weeks ago so still not very keen on having stuff dismantled and put back.

aproo;787183 said:
Does the upgrade involve a lot of surgery on the car? Just got my e92 2 weeks ago so still not very keen on having stuff dismantled and put back.

not sure but don't so. They will replace the two front plastic door trims so that the tweeters can be housed. The amp will be placed in the boot under the carpeting. PML estimated 2 days to finish plus programming, but it was done in one day.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feinsteinzeug

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back