All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

cupholders;644179 said:
TOKYOOO!?! Mann I need a holiday trip noww. Anyway thanks! And yeahh call me when you're back or something! Bon Voyage!

Tekong for you???

cheers

LondonBridge;644185 said:
anyone on other air intake other than drop in or stock?

Was on Gruppe M CAI for awhile on the E85. Sold it off and sticked to my drop ins from K&N..
CAI was affecting my low end, i'm torque hungryyy.

Calling Red Bean Bun and Dress Up Duke!

Update on Tekarbon carbon fiber replacement mirror covers for E85
BMW%20Z4%20MZ4%20Mirror%20Cover%202x2%20(1).jpg

BMW Carbon Fiber Mirror Cover Z4 MZ4 :: Tekarbon

Price per set: US$299.95
Combined shipping: US$58.45 for priority shipping (3-5 days)
Conversion rate: Based on PayPal
Stock availability: 4-6 Jun

Sadly, Tekarbon is not offering us any discount for bulk purchase :evil:, so the only savings will arise from splitting the shipping costs (shipping goes down to US$20/set if we do buy 3 sets).

Please let me know if you are still interested by today or tomorrow - no obligations - so that I can make the order.

cupholders;645031 said:
Read this up fellow Z4s!

Alpina Roadster S Supercharged

This dude's my idol! :wavey:

Damn, nicely done. Makes me regret not getting the aero side skirts together with my rear diffuser...

And that M bonnet is sweet!

Oops, am I missing the point about the performance upgrades? :lol:

valjean;645086 said:
Damn, nicely done. Makes me regret not getting the aero side skirts together with my rear diffuser...

And that M bonnet is sweet!

Oops, am I missing the point about the performance upgrades? :lol:

Yeah it's so super nicely done up, im sooo jealouss. The color is really pretty too! Anyway you're coming down this Sunday yes?

:thinking:
cupholders;645031 said:
Read this up fellow Z4s!

Alpina Roadster S Supercharged

This dude's my idol! :wavey:

BTW was reading about this fellow E85 who cut open his headlamp to fit in the angel eyes:
zroadster.net :: View topic - Z4 progress journal

Hmmmm tempting eh?

Wow! feel like doing it too. But I have bad experience on my Mark X after installing the angel eyes for after 2 to 3 years, the angel eyes wiring melted and caught fire? Thank god I pop the hood up that very moment and saw it before anything worse happened. Think twice bro. Shall we buy the after market headlamp???:thinking:

dress up duke;645160 said:
:thinking:

Wow! feel like doing it too. But I have bad experience on my Mark X after installing the angel eyes for after 2 to 3 years, the angel eyes wiring melted and caught fire? Thank god I pop the hood up that very moment and saw it before anything worse happened. Think twice bro. Shall we buy the after market headlamp???:thinking:

awww..thanks for the heads up man.. Was thinking of getting the new head lamp but i'm changing my ride soon.. Not gonna spend so much on the car...

cupholders;645107 said:
Yeah it's so super nicely done up, im sooo jealouss. The color is really pretty too! Anyway you're coming down this Sunday yes?

Will try to make it for my first BMW-SG meet-up and put a face to you guys. :)

cupholders;645201 said:
awww..thanks for the heads up man.. Was thinking of getting the new head lamp but i'm changing my ride soon.. Not gonna spend so much on the car...

30,000+ km only going to change ride? What's next? :twisted:

valjean;645203 said:
Will try to make it for my first BMW-SG meet-up and put a face to you guys. :)

30,000+ km only going to change ride? What's next? :twisted:

1) oh yes, see you on Sunday...........................
2) Don't think is up to him to decide ya.........

cheers

cupholders;645594 said:
Senior gurus help??

I OT abit uh, but IMHO the 2.5si has a really ugly interior....

How about E89 interior?

Cheers

ac323;645605 said:
How about E89 interior?

Cheers

E89 interior is a real improvement over E85's. Exterior subjective (depend on person), but interior is classy. :thumbsup:

Nutzz;645538 said:
Hi Guys,

Seeking gurus opinions, am looking for a pre owned Z4 for my sis, which of the 2 cars listed below is a better buy?

BMW Z4 2.5Si
Used BMW Z4 2.5Si Cabriolet Car for Sale in Singapore, Creative Auto - sgCarMart
BMW Z4 3.0i
Used BMW Z4 3.0i Car for Sale in Singapore, - sgCarMart

Between the 2 cars, I prefer the 2.5SI (much newer, facelifted model + engine) - but the interior is not my cup of tea. Maybe just swapping out the wood trim would help. In any case, the price seems on the high side to me.

I would suggest patience - continue waiting for a good condition 2.5SI (don't go for the 2.5I unless the deal is super good) in an exterior and interior colour that you like.

Thank you gurus for your input!

Yup the main reason for comparing both is due to the interior of the 2.5Si as well as the soft top colour, the older Z4 is 3.0 and and a nice colour combi

I agree that the current Z4 interior is much classier but out of price range :)

Nutzz;645639 said:
Thank you gurus for your input!

Yup the main reason for comparing both is due to the interior of the 2.5Si as well as the soft top colour, the older Z4 is 3.0 and and a nice colour combi

I agree that the current Z4 interior is much classier but out of price range :)

Take a look at this one: Used BMW Z4 2.5SI Car for Sale in Singapore, Hua Yang Credit - sgCarMart

I've seen the actual car before when I was shopping around. Exterior and interior both looked a bit worn, but can be freshened up I suppose (repaint and reupholster if you want, but both are pricey).

I think it has been sitting around for a long time so you may be able to bargain more aggressively.

Red_Bean_Bun;643095 said:
Did you check for leaks as it would lose a bunch of low end torque ? Always wary of that as what had happened with mine .......... Had the same feeling of power loss so I decided to use another workshop to audit the work done.

Workshops behave differently when it comes to auditing another workshop's work (versus going back to the same workshop to hear lame excuses - "like its normal").

Saw black marks at the joints and using a rubber hose like a sethoscope could hear hissing / ticking sound when ramming the accelerator. Apparently a gasket was missing on one of the joints and welding was weak at another spot ......... Once fixed - power was back.

Raidengear got the same exo and has the same ride as me; he can feel the power lost too so I guess it should be the exo issue. The joint is more like a clip, they didn't weld it together tho. Could that be the reason of the power lost?

LondonBridge;645671 said:
Raidengear got the same exo and has the same ride as me; he can feel the power lost too so I guess it should be the exo issue. The joint is more like a clip, they didn't weld it together tho. Could that be the reason of the power lost?

Hey, nice meeting you yesterday.

I also experiencing quite noticeable low-end loss after installing aftermarket exos... sigh...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vin7771comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back