Aircon Issue Resolved

Re: Aircon Issue Resolved

roger77;478694 said:
anyone can help? tks....

sad to say it is a compressor. my 1.5 yr old E60 had the same symptom as yours despite having clocked only 18k km. couldn't take it when was stuck in Causeway Traffic jam....had to wind down windows cause of the 'malfunction'.

had the compressor changed FOC @ Kg Arang and need to leave car for 1-2 days. super cold now from the start.

Went down to Tomika (recommended by a forum bro) for air-con coil replacement. It took them about 5 minutes to identify the issue. Took almost the whole day and paid slightly above $1K (boss explained this is a nett price and no further bargain allowed). Very impressed with their knowledge and experience in handling bimmers' air-con

Hi,

My experience with Tomika was not very pleasant. I went down to change air con cooling coil and it cost $950 + 7% GST=$1016.5. After few days of driving, there are sound coming out from the aircon unit which is very irritating, so went back to Tomika and was told that sound is coming from Air con blower motor which another cost about $600 plus to repair.:ultrasho:

I am not expert in Car aircon system, but what are the chance of other parts failure right after repair by Tomika? :confused:

Best part is Tomika, told me that if i dont want to spend $600 to repair, i can just increase my sound system volume.

This is my experience for your own risk assessment before visiting above mentioned workshop, i would never what do go though them again.

C3P0;436442 said:
Glad you had it fixed! Doing in S'pore is actually much more convenient. :thumbsup:
"scarly" you go JB and then see mas selamat fixing your aircon for you. Scary :woottt:

Mas selamt in detention now..maybe the romenian dicpomat may be working at the air- conn shop:nehnehhh:

It is quite funny right to turn on air-con with louder sound system, than they should not fix BMW cars liao they should go and fix lorry or taxi with noisy engine, no problems liao. We should ban them. :lol: :nutkick:

My 320i e90 aircon went nuts and read about this thread. Go to Motoaire to look for Ah Chuan. Very experience and knowledgeable. Cooling coil is the prob. Was quoted $1.2k and told him some paid $900 only and he mentioned that price is for e46. He insisted all parts he use are original. Is that true? And he said for e90 cooling coil, aftermarket one are only from taiwan/china and price jus a little diff. Went to my mech for 2nd opinion, same diagnosis as Ah Chuan but he actually said there're aftermarket parts from germany... Dunno true or not... Now waiting for my mech's quote...

It is important also ask the workshop who is "operating" on your E90 to gaurantee their workmanship if not, you will end up with alot of sound coming out from your dashboard and loose parts...

i just went to this workshop in amk ind park 2...$850 compressor for my e60 :)

think my aircon also gone liao... totally not cold...

Any good aircon workshop to recomend at west side?

Marcus45;539221 said:
It is important also ask the workshop who is "operating" on your E90 to gaurantee their workmanship if not, you will end up with alot of sound coming out from your dashboard and loose parts...

Ya, very worried abt the dismantle of the dashboard also. Was quoted $800 for the OEM cooling coil... Dunno go to Motoaire or what... haiii... Btw, I called up Eng Soon to get quote abt the parts... Cooling coil, aircon dryer and aircon valve cost abt $850 w GST. My mech said the workmenship cost around $200+ but if bring own parts no warrenty...

rosschang;539367 said:
think my aircon also gone liao... totally not cold...

Any good aircon workshop to recomend at west side?

Go to Ah Chuan at Motoaire at Sin Ming... Very experience and knowledgeable with BMW cars aircon systems. Not sure about west side thou.

Last edited by a moderator:

anyone who wants cheaper and good service can pm me..i just went to this workshop in amk ind park 2...my aircon now like freezer!!

Just drop my car at L & Kim Car Air-conditioning this morning... pretty clean n decent place that does a good job and doesn't overcharge... my only complaint is... it's in UBI~!... freaking far from Boon Lay... zzzzz

privi;539736 said:
anyone who wants cheaper and good service can pm me..i just went to this workshop in amk ind park 2...my aircon now like freezer!!

Just had my aircon cooling coil replaced at amk ind park 2 also... Wonder we patronized the same workshop :) anyway, no dashboard noise. Aircon is super quiet and freezing cold even under the hot weather. Excellent service and reasonable priced, much cheaper than Motoaire.

Hi Centurion9990

What is your workshop name? I need to get my Tomika's aftermath issue fix with a more reliable workshop.

Thanks in advance...

Marcus45;540048 said:
Hi Centurion9990

What is your workshop name? I need to get my Tomika's aftermath issue fix with a more reliable workshop.

Thanks in advance...

Check your pm.

Marcus45;540048 said:
Hi Centurion9990

Thanks in advance...

Can PM me the workshop addr also. TIA

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksum88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups