Search results

  1. Y

    Fuel consumption

    Where you buy the Simota intake? Price?
  2. Y

    Final Drive

    I was asking about the FD because in Singapore, how fast can u go? Torque ( acceleration ) is more useful then BHP. Most current mods that improve both the torque and bhp substentially are expensive and non discrete eg. SCs. Electronic tuning and other things like CAI, ecoteks, etc can improve...
  3. Y

    Phillips Light Bulbs

    Bought for $75, including installation. Another $16 for the white parking lights ( don't know what brand...Taiwan made I think ) as the original yellow parking lights do not look good with the new bluish low beams.
  4. Y

    Final Drive

    E65 730i. Don't know the final drive ratio. Not stated in the specs in the car's manual.
  5. Y

    Final Drive

    Has anyone tried installing a lower final drive into their cars? Heard that it can do wonders for acceleration by torque multiplication. What is the experience like? Problems? Cost ?
  6. Y

    Phillips Light Bulbs

    I installed The Phillips Diamond Vision low beam headlight bulbs recently and though the bluish lighting looks good on the car, I feel that it is too dim when compared to the original factory yellow halogens. There are the Silver Vision and Crystal Vision bulbs available as well. Anyone has...
  7. Y

    Adaptation to Electronic Tuning?

    Aiyah! Does that mean that in normal layman language, flash programing would still be more desirable ( reap benefits across the range ) then piggybacks for the clever BMW ECUs? :ehhh:
  8. Y

    Adaptation to Electronic Tuning?

    So far my car sui sui...but as I said, don't know if the clever factory ECU will adapt or not in the long term. Bernard specifically told me that he tunes the Obit to alter the AFR only. I asked him if he touches the ignition timing at all and he said no. He said that by doing, things would...
  9. Y

    Adaptation to Electronic Tuning?

    Thanks piggy, Can't tahan to wait so long for HIOP program to be ready. After hearing so many good reports on OBit from our members, went to BVO and took the plunge. So far very good results. As Bernard said that he tuned the Obit 'across the range', I took it that he did also tuned the...
  10. Y

    Adaptation to Electronic Tuning?

    Thanks for the info, There had been many instances in the forum whereby members gave glowing reports after piggyback installation ( better then OBD flash programing even ), testifying to the potency of the mod. Why do you think it is so if the STFT and LTFT will adapt back to its original...
  11. Y

    Adaptation to Electronic Tuning?

    Hi, Has anyone any idea whether the car's stock ECU would ultimately adapt to a piggyback ECU's ( OBit ) attempts to feed false ( altered ) data to it, cancelling any improvement in performance? That's what adaptation is all about isn't it? From what I read in the writeup by WT, it seems...
  12. Y

    HIOP Flash ECU upgrade

    Correct, this is just purely electronic ( software ) tuning. No hardware like cams, air injectors or filters are installed. Of course, this form of tuning requires the physical installation of the piggyback subcom to interphase with the car's ECU.
  13. Y

    built.... at last

    OK. If you can have more then one income source, kudos to you. No, medicine is not a bad choice at all, if you are focused. It is actually very rewarding and I'm enjoying every minute of it now. Just that the earlier training days are quite hellish though but that's where you learn...
  14. Y

    built.... at last

    Ah yes. Now is the honeymoon period before actually going into the grime. Enjoy it. Anyway, let's hope that working conditions are better nowadays compared to what I went through 20 years ago....I'm sure it's better now. I was struggling even to pay for a 2nd hand Jap car then..but...
  15. Y

    Non PML workshops & new car warranty

    Hi, Does anyone knows whether would there be any potential claims problems in the future if I choose to service my car at non PML workshops, while the car is still under warranty. I'm afraid that PML will not honour the warranty if anything goes wrong or parts need to be changed as I did not...
  16. Y

    built.... at last

    Louis, You said are 23 and have already sold yourself to MOH...u are a houseman? If so, welcome to a lifetime of pain, sweat, shitty policies, unsympathetic seniors and 70 hour workweeks!
  17. Y

    7 series problems

    Louis Yes. I know sounds and look funny. But well, it works. Must do it discretely ;) .Thanks for the info anyway. Hymics, For the first 2 days after the Obit, there was good low end perkiness and quicker revs from standstill. However, after 2 days, the low end seems to have reverted...
  18. Y

    7 series problems

    I have had no problems with my previous E36 and E46 as far as the sensitivity of the remotes are concerned. However, I followed what Louis suggested and put ( not point ) the remote key fob of my car ( 7 ) onto my head and press..and guess what, it works everytime. The car doors unlock even...
Back
Top