Search results

  1. Y

    GPS and iDrive

    Re: GPS and iDrive I find the GPS system in the e65 incomplete. It is also quite tedious to use via the iDrive. For example, it does not have a full database of say, individual HDB flats and strangely, though it has a database of primary /secondary schools, I am unable to find anything on...
  2. Y

    reasonable??

    Re: reasonable?? I don't know about the e46 but both my previous e36 ( 320 and 328 ) had radiator leaks that needed replacements at 4 years old. The windscreen wiper reservoir for my e46 320i cracked at 3 years of age.
  3. Y

    ECU upgrade

    Re: ECU upgrade by DMS I'm in the process of getting my E65 3L programmed by HIOP ( J4C ) and they cannot do it via the OBD port. Have to open the ECU to gain direct access to the chip. They said that it's the same with the E60, 318 Valvetronic and the Z4 as well. So Joopy, how does DMS do...
  4. Y

    wipers shuddering

    Re: wipers shuddering Besides problems with the wiper blades and windscreen as discussed, I wonder if excess contact pressure of the blades on the windscreen can contribute to the judders. I notice that the pressure of the wipers on the windscreen is quite high as the springs in the wiper...
  5. Y

    Noisy wipers

    Re: Noisy wipers Change windscreen?...abit extreme leh. Think will try to use some commercial window glass cleaners and see how. Sorry, but about the 3M cutting compound..Is it not a little abrasive?...won't it scratch the glass? Thanks
  6. Y

    Noisy wipers

    My windscreen wipers make a lot of noise when working as they judder and scrape on the windscreen. This occurs when the wipers start off from the neutral position and then again when they change direction at the end of their sweep cycle. This occurs despite driving in heavy rain ( ie. not dry...
  7. Y

    Obit for Sale

    Re: Obit for Sale Basically better pull from about 2.5K rpm and the revs rise much faster. At max torque at about 3.5K rpm, there is a sort of push at the back, sort of like a VTEC transition. I have reported my experience with Obit in an earlier thread. However, FC for my 3 litre car went...
  8. Y

    E90 really a better car?

    Re: E90 really a better car? I tested the E90 320i with 4 pple on board. Maybe the engine is new, but it does not seem particularly smoother or more powerful, compared to the E46 318i. Low end torque is not really enough. Engine quiteness and lack of steering wheel vibration at idle is...
  9. Y

    Obit for Sale

    Re: Obit for Sale That's right. The Obit when new is about $950. I am not sure what is the installation charge but $300 to $400 is a good guess. Obit can be used for all car models, ie not model specific.
  10. Y

    Obit for Sale

    Re: Obit for Sale Expected the question. Two months ago, when I installed Obit, the HIOP tuning package for my car was still unavailable and nobody knows when it would be. Now it is. Just want to try it out as my previous ride had HIOP DME program and I liked it. Also, I am uncertain if I...
  11. Y

    Obit for Sale

    Just removed the 2 month old OBit from my car. Fully functioning. Will consider selling it for $450 ( new $950 ). Interested can pm me. Thanks.
  12. Y

    Was there ever an E36 318iS 4 dr ?

    I had a Boston Green E36 318iS for a year in the mid 90s. Sold it becos the engine was coarse and also not very fast. My 92 Civic VTi was much smoother and faster.
  13. Y

    How good is KNN Air filter?

    Sorry for being dense. After all the discussion, I gather that putting in a high flow replacement panel filter element will increase air flow at high end ( better bhp ). However, it appears that it would reduce the low end torque as well? If so, why?
  14. Y

    Phillips Light Bulbs

    Paiseh also. Won't be getting rid of the lights now. Get from Bernard lah. But do make sure u check out the parking lights as well as I said, the white DV and factory yellow parking lights don't look too right next to each other.
  15. Y

    Phillips Light Bulbs

    Wah lou. Legal or not ? Don't know man :thinking: Anyone has any idea? Anyway, as I said. can't sell now as I can't seem to find the correct CV bulb configuration for my car.
  16. Y

    Phillips Light Bulbs

    CV is yellowish white, like the normal HID lights u see on the lexus. The DV is really white-white. Any way, both Riverview abd BVO does not have CVs for my car ( H7 bulb ). Guess I have to stick to my present DVs for a while at least. I spoke to Bernard of BVO. He is selling the DV for $65...
  17. Y

    Phillips Light Bulbs

    I bought the DV as it looks good on the car ( and it really is, damn cool looking ) but I have to balance aesthetics with practicality ( and safety ? ) mah. Though both Diamond ( DV ) and Crystal visions ( CV ) are rated as 55W, the slightly blue hue of the DV lights makes the light beam...
  18. Y

    Why CAI ?

    Thanks. I take it that the increased flow and ram effect would help only in the high rev range:)
  19. Y

    Why CAI ?

    Forgive me for being ignorant. There is so much talk about CAI mods but I believe that the BMW's air filter housing intake hose is already taking air from outside the engine compartment. So why the need for additional CAI mods?
  20. Y

    Phillips Light Bulbs

    $75 for a pair. Riverview. Think I'll change to the Crystal Vision soon. Though the colour temp will be slightly lower then the Diamond Vision's ( 4300K vs 5000k ) and appears slightly yellow, it will still be 'whiter' when compared to factory halogens. Does anyone knows what is the...
Back
Top