What's The Start Of Your Love For BMW

Re: What's The Start Of Your Love For BMW

The angel eyes, the wide flare fenders, the side mirrors, the large wheels with slim and wide tyres, the eagle eye looking headlights, the speed, the cf roof, the emblems and last but not least, the sexy curves of a E92 M3! :juggle:

syaheerbmw;59646 said:
I saw a thread on an automobile enthusiast forum about this. It is where everyone post what is their favourite brand, why and how? Many interesting stories were told, one even said that he got knocked down by a Mustang and started loving Ford ever since :lol2: :screwedu: . So, since this is a BMW forum, I changed it a bit, to suit the forum. I hope to see more interesting stories here!

Well, here's mine: It all started when I was in kindergarten. I had a dream to become a police officer, then, one day I saw a BMW police car chasing down 2 sports car on the expressway, can't really remember what cars, guess they were an NSX and a Mitsu... The TP Bimmer was successful to stopping them a few km ahead. Since then I like BMWs(ironically, before that I was a Proton fan...). I used to watch racing on tv and see E36 M3s racing(Until now E36 Coupes are my favourite...). I did research on BMW and found out a lot of great things about the cars. I then persuaded my dad to buy a BMW when I was in Primary 2... I honestly thought he was buying the E28 525i we went to test together but he then brought home the next day a british racing green E32 730iL :shock: :inlove: . Then the next BMW he bought after the E32 scrap in 1999 was a brown E28 520i, then again scrap bought a british racing green E34 520i, which was sold away earlier last year as his business was not doing well... Maybe in 2 years time, I may be buying an E36 coupe(anyone selling in 2 years? White or silver preferred :) ). OK, end of my story, I think mine's a bit boring... hahax

Such a nice story. I remember dreaming Cadillac almost every night, like a nightmare! And then came Transformers, now it was a Chevy that was chasing after me. It was after high school that got my Lamborghini as a hand-me-down gift from Dad. Sweet nibblets!

My love for Cars started at the age of 14. It all started when a friend of the families drove up in an 8.50 BMW, thats when i said, thats a pretty nice car to own!

I suppose one of the most valuable skills I learned in college was to ride motorcycles.As a college student, I couldn't afford anything more than a used small Honda, but I had friends who had a wide variety of bikes. At one point or another I got to try most all of them. But, after riding a couple dozen different models, my favorite was the BMW R60.

projectdstage5;511731 said:
I've had a love-hate relationship with BMWs.

When I was in school, I used to study hard because I hoped that my parents would reward me with a BMW 316 (which I would debadge) for spending my time buried in books. I loved it. I sacrificed my teenage convent girl fondling days for it so that I could look forward to fondling models in the future. They promised a car. Okay then, come university and law school, I got a crappy van. I'm pretty sure a van is not a car. That van was the bane of my university sex life. The rich kids in school got to score chicks with daddy's BMW and I got zilch. I could score better without it and I ditched the van by crashing it into everything solid I could find. Taxis. Trees. Walls. Concrete bollards. There is not a car park in Singapore that did not have my paint on its walls. I abused it till it leaked water, had an overheating problem, more dents than Rocky Balboa's face and yet going over humps at 70kmh did not seem to break the drive shaft at all. I hated BMWs because I could not have one. I was convinced my girlfriend broke up with me because I had no BMW. I cursed BMW for the beacon of its brand cachet and its ability to turn normal women into vacous brand whores.

When i went to work, I maintained a two-door only policy by buying sports cars but never BMWs. Even though I now had the money, I beat the Jeremy Clarkson drum. "BMWs are for Cocks". "M3 drivers have no friends". I found much amusement in stealing girlfriends from guys who drove BMW 320s. I even occasionally terrorised BMW convertible drivers by blasting the vilest of black exhaust smoke from my abused van into their face when I saw them stopped behind me at a traffic light.

But it gets you in the end. Like that first love, it abuses you and you still want it. My friends got BMWs. 323s, 525s. I still hate almost all BMWs, but I respect its technical ability tremendously. I despise the snobbish people that drive them, but only because I am secretly one of them and I have been going against my nature for too long. I'm a Cock and I'm looking for a 335 coupe with black seats.

P.S. that damn Mercedes Benz van still won't die. I sent it to be scrapped and that scummy dealer sold it to an idiot that lives near my mother-in-law.

Very nice! Best story in this thread! :dance:

I'm currently on a 09 Merc E200 W211. Thinking of changing to F10..... probably 2nd hand or PI. Still dare not pull trigger because of bad economy and stock market never behave. My time will come one day. :sneaky:

When I travel to Bangkok or Jakarta I hire a car and driver to get me where I need to go, the Mercs always seem to be little better than a Toyota in ride comfort, th 5 series or 7 series BMW's are just so much better.. I was looking for a Z4M but there are so few in Singapore and have found an M5 I like. I know, very different cars, but I have beendriving impractical 2 seaters fo too long and need to grow up just a bit.

Still in pre-u then when a E38 7series came up alongside the bus i was in.
groomed black
lowered nicely
bling bling rims
2 digit VRN
the super sleek profile....
i could go on & on & on

Mine started by accident as I was a Merc driver. Had 2 different E Class cars. The last one being a E230 in 1999. The car met with a bad accident as a lorry reversed into it almost crushing me in it. After that I sold off the ride as I always felt it was under-powered (obviously). Then I went shopping for a car after selling off my E Class at Ubi 2nd hand car mart and spotted a 3 series coupe. Somehow fell in love with the car and purchased it as a impulse buy. There was no turning back after that. After that, I have gone thru 2 different 5 series, and now my X6. Prior to my X6, I was toying with the idea of a Audi, Lexus, or Jag, but in the end, nothing drives like a BMW. Maybe will try a Porche Panamera next (budget permitting)

i dunno. my papa like bee-ehm-dablew n had been a bimmer driver since more than a decade, n he bot one for me last year. so i m stuck wif it lor.

When I was going out with my girlfriend (now wife), her Dad had a 5 series. It drove very well but what made it special was the orange hue of the dashboard which lit up at night. I've always loved it and it's signature BMW :) Even my friends who drive Mercs think it's gorgeous. Of course, BMWs have become progressively more impressive over time not just in performance but also in looks.

Dad always has been an accord man until he bought a E36 318 for mum in 92. He was very fond of it and subsequently changed his Cefiro ( Company Car) to a 320I The same year and got mom a 325 the next year. Since then we have numerous BMWs in the house.

I had my first bmw in Uni, 02 E46 318CI Manual, Sports with 18 INCH Style 32 Staggered wheels! Man that car was brilliant. Was the most beautiful car I had since I got my license. Had it for 4 years and since then never looked back. Along the years, E53 X5, E90 and a bummer VW Passat, E60 and now F10...
I still have my love for the E46 coupe I once had... just like first love....( courted my first gf with the E46)

Only like the sports model of BMW. For sedans, would prefer the merc.

When my dad bought a light blue 3 series in the 80s.

Mom sid he treated the car like his second wife..women..haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back