Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

What's The Start Of Your Love For BMW

Re: What's The Start Of Your Love For BMW

it started when my dad bought an E36 for my mum. it was when E36 just came out with their facelift. was being fetch to and back from school on that ride. fell in love with it immediately. the power of the car, stability, design and comfort. that was when my love for bmw and E36 started and i'm so proud to actually own an E36 now.

another coincidence thing is that the first car i ride in was a bmw too. it was when my dad fetch my mum and i from the hospital when i was born. got to know that interesting info from my dad a few years back. hahaha bmw for life.

I don't remember when exactly I fell in love with BMWs, although it probably really started with the E36 model about 20 years back. I loved the way it looked, and the fact that BMWs were focused on the driver to the extent that the dashboard was angled towards the driver. My aunt also had the E36 325i, and I loved the muted yet refined sound of power - as well as the accompany rapid build-up of speed! :twisted: - everytime she stepped on the accelerator. So I guess I was hooked from then on.

But I had to wait until last year, when I could finally afford my first BMW. Now I can't imagine driving anything else, and I hope to be driving many other different Bimmer models to come. :cloud9:

i started to like bmw coz the first bmw i sat in was a E46 M3...Shiet..that feeling was the best feeling ever..i bet its even better then sitting roller coaster..

soon after..i get to know abt more bmws like E90s E60s.wooots..so many nice bmws..

it all started when I was given a company car - a brand new e36 320. I was in heaven as I was only 28 years old then. The color was silver with black interior. I had to give it up when I moved to another country.

hahaha old thread being dug up.....but its a nice thread so I share mine also.

I used to HATE BMWs! and I mean really hate! In primary school, My dad bought the C Class ( First generation) the ones after the 190E if you guys know which one I was talking about. I was a fan of the Merc then. I used to read alot of articles on cars and always I find the performance of BMWs outshines the Merc comparing capacity to capacity. So I was always sore bout why Merc cant make their cars more powerful than a BMW.

I had always wanted a car of my own even before I got my license, when I finally got my license I did not have a car to drive and always had to borrow my dad's and I rarely had the chance too. My dad refused to buy a car for me as he believed that I should get one myself and not reliance on him. Anyways I wasnt on really good terms with him...(Long story here so skip) Then when dad's kangoo had to make way for a new Mit L300 van for his workers to transport his equipment for his company, my mum (3 cheers for mum) insisted that he gave the Kangoo to me cos I was staying in serangoon and my camp was in Lim Chu Kang (Damn bloody far). I was very happy with my kangoo then, mod this mod that, do everything unimaginable to a kangoo haha. When I started my first job, I had to get a car as i was in sales and my company said that I had to have a proper car and not a kangoo so I got a Honda Jazz 1.4, after 11 months of driving it, I was like WTF my kangoo has more power man so I got myself a Honda Civic FD 2.0. I was like wah sibeh power lei, step abit can overtake other ppl already.

Then just after 6 months problems started coming, like engine consuming engine oil, rear lower arm broke cos I put in too thick anti roll bars, etc. I was passing by PML Alexandra one sat afternoon so I suddenly turn in and talk to the SE on the E90 320i, they were having promo like 10K off car price, etc. I didnt test drive that day, only test drove it a few days later, I didnt really like it cos power wise, I feel my civic FD is better. But the engine oil consumption problem got worse and worse and due to my mods, it could not be fixed under warranty so I tot heck it, just get the E90. hahaha Now Im still driving it and enjoying it very much!

Ops me very cheong hei but thats my story. :lol2:

When I started working. Cos I always wanted to be a yuppie since young. Haha.. Career and lifestyle wise. Now my dreams comes true liao. Yeah! But hor driving E66 a bit like uncle which dun suits my age now but I like the size and the highly interior computerized gadgets!

My 1st Bimmer was the E36 218iS Coupe with manual transmission. Got it after a taxi hit the rear of my 1992 Civic VTI hatchback and the rear caved in. It was then that I decided cars should have a boot to absorb the impact from rear collisions. Paid for it with my own hard earned money too.

me?
bimmers since 96, i gez...
1st one - E36 318i
2nd one - E36 316i
3rd one - E46 318i
4th one - E60 520i
present - E88 120i
gez its the road handling and thrill of driving these machines......

cheers!! hamz

Hi all,

I'm new here and I'm sourcing for a used 5series....523 or 525!

I fell in love with the shape and design of the BMW from a young age.
I remembered I was only probably 7 to 10 years old that time, and card games very popular.
instead of the flashy pokemon cards that the kids are playing now, we had car cards.

something like a deck of cards with different car types where u compare certain specs of the car card u hold against your friends.

I remember that the porsche card always has the best specs but everytime we shuffled and distributed the cards, i wished to get the BMW car card!
simply beacuse the car looked so handsome and beautiful! if I'm not wrong its the e30 series beemer...i always wished my dad would own one!!

i'm now driving a 4 year old MB w203 and hoping to change to a beemer this coming year!
hope to learn more from u guys! cheers.

i fell in love with bmw the moment i stepped into a 2nd hand e46 330.never sat in a bmw driver seat before that.

within one minute of my test drive,my mind was made up.(DIE also must buy.)
my whole buying process lasted 5 mins.

ever since that day,i have difficulty adjusting to other brands.

I fell in love the moment I saw the NEw 3 series.

Been surfingthe fourm to find out more about the car.

CHeers

i have not driven a car other than a bmw since my very first student car, a volvo 440, with a rubber band CVT transmission..... can't drive another marque since then!

alrightz here's mine, not much of a "story" though. I fell in love with BMW basically cos it's such a beauty!!! n of course a great pleasure to drive! but it wouldnt be my first car though, gotta be practical. firstly no $, secondly, my first car gotta be some "bumper car" for me to further hone my drving skills. otherwise, defeats the point of driving a BMW with so-so skills.

but from what i read on this thread, most of u guys/gals r aiming (or alr own) to get a bmw at such tender ages! haha kinda made me motivated too.......................:cloud9:

My "affair" with BMW stems back to days of my mom driving a E30 320i back in 1985, my first personal BMW was a E21 323i. Now I'm back in the BMW scene hunting down a decent E36 for a little weekend project.

I come from a family of Merc drivers.. my dad, my uncle, daddy's friend, biz associate, partners, golf kaki all merc. My dad hadn't had a non-merc car all his life *except for the late camry cos he need a car quickly after his S280 was robbed*... so yea, always have a good impression on merc.

At a personal affortability level, I'd been always looking Civic 2.0, Legacy GT etc...

One fine weekend after having my m'sia license converted, I decided to checkout the showroom around alexander... Tried the C200, A4, IS 250, Civic, City, Accord, R32... den finally when the PML SE took the E90 320 to entrance for my test drive... Sat in, minor adjustment etc, and I'm off... I took her up AYE, rev up a bit, switch to sport mode, rev some more...zig zag zig zag... and the only words I can hear in my head is "OOMG OMG OMG OMFFFGG I LOOVVEE HER"...

So yea, here I am typing this while... hunting for my first ride in SG, and it will be a 3 series, can't afford a new E90 yet, but prehaps a good cheap 2nd hand E90 320, or (most likely) a 2nd hand E46 320i (I want the IL6~!!)

well, my dad drives a Bmw. so when i got my license naturally i drove it. I loved the way the car drove and sounded and that sparked the beginning of my love for it. Hope to get a M5 someday. Vrrroommm

Hello... enjoy reading all your stories.
the first bimmer that caught my eye was fandi ahmad's! that was many years ago and i remembered the loud color and the distinctive bimmer logo. i always read in car reviews that bimmer is one of the best (in all categories). bimmer may lose out to other cars in some areas but overall they always top the competition (in reviews). maybe i am naive but i believe that this car is worth buying.
i had been driving jap and jumped at the chance of owning a bimmer when a good deal came along recently...

Back