My F30 issues

Feint

Hi bros,

Just to check if you guys have any similar issues with the ones I'm facing... Not sure if it's "normal" or not. Am going to sound them out when my car is up for its first service @ PML.

1) Driver seat squeaks when going over bumps/ humps / unevenness roads

2) When turning the steering wheel full, there's a "tightening" creaking sound. Feels as though it's coming from the strut mounts.

3) Air con damn noisy ... Sounds as though it's "exhaling" out cold air in periodical "breaths"

Am driving a 328i Luxury.

Thanks in advance for bros comments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My F30 issues

I got same issue with 1, have booked appointment with pml to fix next week.

weez;1044897 said:
I got same issue with 1, have booked appointment with pml to fix next week.

Weez bro, so pml recognized its a defect ah? I was wondering if those people will argue and state that it's normal and all the other nonsense haha

The QC manager has tested my car and says he can help to minimise the squeak in my seat, but will need to dismantle and find out the root cause next week.

Bro, I wish I have a 328 like yours.

weez;1044906 said:
The QC manager has tested my car and says he can help to minimise the squeak in my seat, but will need to dismantle and find out the root cause next week.

Bro, I wish I have a 328 like yours.

Ah ok noted weez! Thanks for your input hor. At least I know it's not just my ride that have such squeaking sounds.

What's your ride bro? For me I wished I went for the sports line instead of luxury haha. But ok la . Still sheer driving pleasure

I think sports and luxury should drive the same, only the interior trims and external panels are different.

Mine is 320 base. No navi one. Should have bought something nicer.... very regretted

Red_Bean_Bun;1044946 said:
For 3. - maybe it's the springs ..... Spray some lithium grease there - no harm trying.

Hi bro . U mean for 2. Right ?

Thanks!

Feint;1044867 said:
Hi bros,

Just to check if you guys have any similar issues with the ones I'm facing... Not sure if it's "normal" or not. Am going to sound them out when my car is up for its first service @ PML.

1) Driver seat squeaks when going over bumps/ humps / unevenness roads

2) When turning the steering wheel full, there's a "tightening" creaking sound. Feels as though it's coming from the strut mounts.

3) Air con damn noisy ... Sounds as though it's "exhaling" out cold air in periodical "breaths"

Am driving a 328i Luxury.

Thanks in advance for bros comments

Bro,

what did they say for point no2?

I have this problem with no.2 as well!

When turning the steering wheel.. Theres this creaking springy sound.. Im going to have them check on 2nd servicing.. First servicing already told them but not solved.. But its not bothering me that much so wait till 2nd servicing.

rayoflight;1114690 said:
I have this problem with no.2 as well!

When turning the steering wheel.. Theres this creaking springy sound.. Im going to have them check on 2nd servicing.. First servicing already told them but not solved.. But its not bothering me that much so wait till 2nd servicing.

I may have the same issue too. Mine is more like the sound of two rubber hoses rubbing each other when I turn the steering wheel. Will get it checked at my next servicing. If anyone finds out anything, keep the group posted!

Cheers!

Hi,

I have the problem of the steering wheel too! Plan to bring in on my first servicing.

The sound goes like a faint tick tick tick tick as you turn the wheel to the max.... irritating and unsettling feeling... esp in the stillness of the night reversing into carpark space.

keep this solution posted!

So at the end did anyone managed to solve the creaky seats problem? Damn irritating ... Hahahha

Hi anyone has this single knock sound after the auto start stop resumes after engine cuts off?. The noise is at the front panel nearer to the passenger side. This sound will not happen when the auto start stop function is switched off. Am driving a 316i.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salebee
Back