My F30 issues

Hi bro, that's what I'm doing now to avoid the jerk when changing p, r, d. My car coming to 1 yr. The most obvious jerk is directly from d to p at times.

Just to share pop by Pml yesterday and went for a check. Was informed its normal when changing p, r, d as long as the jerk is not according when slowing down/ moving off. ( Soleniod issue) .

I also sometimes get the jerk when shifting direct from D to R or P to D. So what I do these days is shift to N first. ie D-N-R, P-N-D. Not sure if it's the right way but seems to avoid the clanging sound during gear change. My car is 1.5 yrs old. Maybe some tech expert can advise us...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, i find putting into N then R is slightly smoother, but I don't hear any clunk from my interior or jerking, unless i'm on a slope.

Hi bro, that's what I'm doing now to avoid the jerk when changing p, r, d. My car coming to 1 yr. The most obvious jerk is directly from d to p at times.

Just to share pop by Pml yesterday and went for a check. Was informed its normal when changing p, r, d as long as the jerk is not according when slowing down/ moving off. ( Soleniod issue) .

At PML, as long it can move, everything is normal. Disappointing aftersales service.

Hi bros,

Just to check if you guys have any similar issues with the ones I'm facing... Not sure if it's "normal" or not. Am going to sound them out when my car is up for its first service @ PML.

1) Driver seat squeaks when going over bumps/ humps / unevenness roads

2) When turning the steering wheel full, there's a "tightening" creaking sound. Feels as though it's coming from the strut mounts.

3) Air con damn noisy ... Sounds as though it's "exhaling" out cold air in periodical "breaths"

Am driving a 328i Luxury.

Thanks in advance for bros comments

Facing number 2 and 3. Have to suck it up and tahan...they can't solve it

Re: My F30 issues

Hi,

I have the problem of the steering wheel too! Plan to bring in on my first servicing.

The sound goes like a faint tick tick tick tick as you turn the wheel to the max.... irritating and unsettling feeling... esp in the stillness of the night reversing into carpark space.

keep this solution posted!

Faced this stupid issue too. Sometime the sound goes off. Driving machine too Ultimate already and Bring More Worries.

Driving Stabilty warning light appearing, care to share your experience?
Or which workshop beside pml.
TIA

Facing number 2 and 3. Have to suck it up and tahan...they can't solve it

My air-conditioning also have a grinding sound, at first they said is normal, then they claimed is a known issue and pending BMW Asia to solve it. That is after 6 months ago, hope they will solve it before the 3 yrs warranty is up.

Had the same sound issues with the seats and turning sound problem, steering wheel knocking sound and went back to all PML Centres to resolve but they can't resolve.

1. They would either say they can't hear it or they say difficult to solve the sound problem.

2. They would also tell u it's resolve already after I left my car for more than a week already but after collecting the car problem still persist and became worse.

3. I personally felt that PML treat different customers differently. If you are a 3 series customers they would give u a "3 series" customer service standard but if you are a higher class...they would give u more.

I am guessing that they would solve all the problems efficiently only after the warranty period is over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, anyone has a loud exhaust vibration sound on cold start? This loud vrroomm sound is heard at the exhaust every morning when i start the car.....sound like I zhng my exhaust..... but has gone bad.

Will tune down only when I engage to D mode. Asked PML....they say it's cold start...but seriously. Don't encounter this on all my previous rides.

Anyone has this issue?

Hi, anyone has a loud exhaust vibration sound on cold start? This loud vrroomm sound is heard at the exhaust every morning when i start the car.....sound like I zhng my exhaust..... but has gone bad.

Will tune down only when I engage to D mode. Asked PML....they say it's cold start...but seriously. Don't encounter this on all my previous rides.

Anyone has this issue?
Was told using 95 grade petrol will have issue on cold start, try 98 to see if the problem goes away.

Anyone has this issue?

Any black smoke or lots of carbon deposits on the tailpipe ?

Hi, is it common that the stock radio is unclear and have static noise? Went to PML and was told that it is due to station signal. However, I do not face this issue with all my previous (Jap ) cars. At time, when the signal strength indicate full bar, the static noise still appear, so I am not convince that the issue is due to radio station signal strength. Has anyone face similar issue and is there anything that can be done to improve it? Mine is a 316. Thanks.

Was told using 95 grade petrol will have issue on cold start, try 98 to see if the problem goes away.

But I thought F30 recommended on the manual say 91-95? Can use 98 meh? Then can use higher or not?

But I thought F30 recommended on the manual say 91-95? Can use 98 meh? Then can use higher or not?

Higher, confirm no problem. But the BS on the cold start one... Better go send to workshop to check if the timing assembly is giving way or the VANOS is OK.

HTH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back