LTA Reply - Daytime Running Light (DRL)

Re: LTA Reply - Daytime Running Light (DRL)

pengful;646990 said:
I just sent an enquiry to PML about their DRL and their reply was that they did not have approval from LTA so they won't bring in nor install the DRLs. So the rest of you with DRLs, me included, be alert and stay out of trouble...:(

:verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad:

Just wondering.....since Philips is selling this R87 certified LED DRL in Singapore....does it mean its more or less "approved' for local use?
Anyone cen verify that this Philips model is 'Ok' and legla to be installed in Singapore?

Philips DayLight

Local News: Philips Introduces Two Motoring Aids - Singapore Motoring News - Oneshift.com

Philips Automotive Lighting announced its entry in the LED Daytime Running Lights as well as the air purifier range for cars.

Philips Automotive Lighting announced its entry in the LED Daytime Running Lights as well as the air purifier range for cars. The launches are in line with the Philips vision of health and well-being that aims to enhance people's life through innovative solutions to make driving safer and more enjoyable.

The Philips GoPure Automotive Clean Air purification system contains advanced filtering technology which removes up to 99.9% of harmful gases, viruses, bacteria and fine particles, thereby improving the quality of air in the car and enhancing people’s health and well-being on the go.

The Philips GoPure Automotive Clean Air System contains a pre-filter, which removes particles like suspended particulate matters of 1mm (micrometer) like human hair and pet hair. The system’s High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter removes at least 99.9% of airborne particles, such as bacteria and dust and even 70% of viruses sized 0.02 mm and above. And the High Efficiency Selective Absorption (HESA) filter removes specific pollutants with high-efficiency, e.g. harmful gases and odors such as formaldehyde and toluene commonly found in city air.

For ease of use, it comes with a three-stage air improvement indicator with LED signature connected to an intelligent sensor that measures the concentration of particulates inside the car and shows how the cabin air improves.

Philips’ new GoPure solution can be fitted to all cars – not just new models – and is easy to install wherever you choose – on top of the dashboard, in the back of the car, etc

The second in line of its launches is an answer to the ever increasing accidents- the new range of Daytime Running Lights (DRL). The solutions utilize the latest in Light Emitting Diode (LED) lighting technology to offer maximum visibility and premium design.

he Philips LED DayLight 4 and LED DayLight 8 DRL are the latest additions to the Philips LED lighting portfolio. They significantly improve a car’s visibility to oncoming vehicles or pedestrians, also making the driver feel safer, which increases the overall safety of all road users.

The Philips LED DayLight 4 insures high visibility for safer daytime driving, while the innovative LED DayLight 8 offers motorists maximum visibility, premium design and style. Moreover, these energy-efficient solutions are the slimmest DRL modules on the market and very easy to install.

Both models incorporate the high-power Philips LUXEON® LED technology, with high-efficiency reflectors. The use of such innovative LED solutions instead of regular halogens not only greatly decreases energy consumption, but also reduces night-time lamp failures and frequent replacements.

As a testament to the importance of DRL on the roads, The European Commission decreed that all new cars have to be fitted with dedicated DRL by 2011.

The Philips LED DayLight 4 will retail at SGD199.00 and LED DayLight 8 will retail at SGD299.00, including GST. Both are available at Philips Authorized Automotive Dealers.

The Philips GoPure Automotive Clean Air System is available for purchase at Philips Authorized Automotive Dealers, with a recommended retail price of $299.00, GST inclusive.
fullstopmarker.gif

Racebred said:
You can buy, but cannot install.
How I wish this is the case for chewing gum.

In the latter, you cannot buy, but can chew.

If you are driving an F10/F20/F30 or other Fxx, and you don't have DRL (setting, lights, daytime driving lights) like below pictures:

37979d1339412075t-free-horse-power-torque-meter-f01-f10-f20-f25-f30-img_0796.jpg

then Factory fitted DRL is available for you, call us@ 84149540 or check this:

Daytime Running Light For Sale | sgCarStore

Racebred;647592 said:
LTA only has a problem with DRL that is retrofitted. They basically have a problem with anything that is retrofitted. If it comes as it is, homologated, you'll be safe, eg Harley exhausts.
Jackpot !!! On the DOT !!! :goodup:

Racebred;646841 said:
To be fair, even from a motoring enthusiast aka modhead pov, LTA is not wrong in enforcing rules like these, with proper explaining of the rationale behind it. This line of reasoning extends to several other common areas of mod. They are not against any mods. Just that the mods must be safe. And who is the authority competent enough to say it is safe? The manufacturer themselves. No horse run, solid and a stance hard to refute.

+1, some drivers fit DRL hgher than the headlights or anywhere they like... some got red-blue blinkers..

EleBest;842140 said:
If you are driving an F10/F20/F30 or other Fxx, and you don't have DRL (setting, lights, daytime driving lights) like below pictures:

37979d1339412075t-free-horse-power-torque-meter-f01-f10-f20-f25-f30-img_0796.jpg

then Factory fitted DRL is available for you, call us@ 84149540 or check this:

Daytime Running Light For Sale | sgCarStore

you can do it for audi as well?

EleBest;842140 said:
If you are driving an F10/F20/F30 or other Fxx,..]

hahaah sorry it was damn funny when I saw it..

didn't come put right...

Just this morning two police bikes behind me were completely blinding me with their head lights. I wonder if I can write to LTA to fine them $1,000 each or jail them for 3 months...

st8800;844853 said:
My bro Sy3 DRL sibeh swee leh.....

Second that sy3 drl sart sart bo cheo...

npnt... pic lai

Is just like most inspection center approve their installation of HID but not you fix outside.

kns , STA failed my suzuki HID. of course also sherman tint.

mai humblebrag la u will drive suzuki meh knn

iscoupe is the most haolian person in this forum so u dun have to worry that he is being humble..

the suzuki is probably for his son and he has many cars

He will also say he has big kkj and thats why he likes to talk abt kkj

and the difficulty in sourcing for condom to fit his kkj

audi used to have a option of turning on or off the DRL but they remove that option liao, now inorder to have the DRL on you'll need to leave your headlight switch to auto mode then during daytime it will auto light up. so you mean can set to have that option again?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benclubnet
Back