Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Could i trouble you to pm me the contact for the purchase and fitting (workshop) of the valve seals? Thanks! ;).

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

shakealittle;1106173 said:
Could i trouble you to pm me the contact for the purchase and fitting (workshop) of the valve seals? Thanks! ;).

Ok sure.
PM U now.....

hi all,

just to check, how long before it leaks again if I have changed all the things needed.

I replaced the gaskets in March and the tray etc has been oil clean since then. Lately during my routine checks i notice it starts to appear (spots on the white tray below) but not as bad as last time when it was leaking badly.

I reckon wear and tear? Just wanna know is this normal.

Nattsg;1107689 said:
hi all,

just to check, how long before it leaks again if I have changed all the things needed.

I replaced the gaskets in March and the tray etc has been oil clean since then. Lately during my routine checks i notice it starts to appear (spots on the white tray below) but not as bad as last time when it was leaking badly.

I reckon wear and tear? Just wanna know is this normal.

Referring to only the valve seals,
It's estimated to last U 100K to 120K mileage before the valve seals worn off.

U might leaking engine oil from other O rings now and not the valve seals.

Please have ur car inspected.

thanks aaron as always... haiz some more my 100K servicing coming.......$$$

Nattsg;1107703 said:
thanks aaron as always... haiz some more my 100K servicing coming.......$$$

No problem,
My car is 265,000 KM mileage and still very nice to drive.

100K KM / 200K KM / 300K KM
- spark plugs
- water pump
- thermostat
- brake hose
- starter
- air-con compressor
- fuel pump
- air-con / alternator belt
- ignition coil

Can pm me the workshop contact, the labour and stocking detail?.
Thanks

Ct13;1108173 said:
Can pm me the workshop contact, the labour and stocking detail?.
Thanks

Ok PM U now.......

I seen to be aving this common problem at 130k. Can u share contact and cost for benchmark? Appreciate. Thank you.

Bro Aaron,

Do PM me to share the contacts and costs for the valve seals purchase and workshop.

Thanks in advance!

deerbike;1111643 said:
I seen to be aving this common problem at 130k. Can u share contact and cost for benchmark? Appreciate. Thank you.

Ok, PM U now.....

Hi Aaron,

Can you PM to share the contacts and costs for the valve seals job? The top-up warning light came on twice the 3-4 weeks and I topped up 1 litre each time. Not sure if this is the problem and the change will fix it. My ride is 2007, 130K mileage.

Many thanks and cheers!

Bro can PM me the cost of valve seals and labour cost? Thanks.

diesel78sg;1114012 said:
Bro can PM me the cost of valve seals and labour cost? Thanks.

All PM replied

Appreciate you could share the cost and contact of the stockist and workshop.
Thank you very much.

Xinbinwei;1117546 said:
Appreciate you could share the cost and contact of the stockist and workshop.
Thank you very much.

PM me, I send to u

My friend is giving me a very reasonable price to get the valve seals and gasket change at his workshop.
Any special highlights that should be taken note?
He assured me that his mechanics have the experience for such change but just in case....

Xinbinwei;1118286 said:
My friend is giving me a very reasonable price to get the valve seals and gasket change at his workshop.
Any special highlights that should be taken note?
He assured me that his mechanics have the experience for such change but just in case....

Below SGD $700 - $1000???
There is nothing to take note visually as u cannot see inside the engine after it's done.
So long as there is no more white smoke and engine oil level remains the same.

Aaron_BMW;1118289 said:
Below SGD $700 - $1000???
There is nothing to take note visually as u cannot see inside the engine after it's done.
So long as there is no more white smoke and engine oil level remains the same.
What if there are no smoke but engine oil consumption remains high?

playstation76;1118311 said:
What if there are no smoke but engine oil consumption remains high?

Please do the following test:

To better GUESS or Assume the problem.
Run engine for 10 mins
Rev hard and see if there is white smoke from exhaust.

If there is, the valve seal needs to be replaced.
If there is not, u might be leaking engine oil else where like the O rings or hoses or gasket.

The method is just to help guess the problem. U still have to get the workshop to check the actual problem.

Just to assure you, if u had just changed the valve seal due to white smoke, most likely there will be no more white smoke and engine oil consumption should be lesser or none.

Should there be any other engine oil leakage, the replacement of O rings or gaskets are easy, fast and not expensive.

Most workshops practise Top over haul. Which is very good preventive measure instead of just changing the valve seals.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jalaliveco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back