Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Just did my valve seals, engine mount, brake fluid, water system, ignition coil and spark plug change at WCA yesterday. Spent whole day with the mechanic and was very pleased with their knowledge and dedication. Was a person who won't date to drive into jb but after this experience I would highly recommend those with 2nd thoughts to follow GPS and go to this shop. Car is now a true BMW...Will continue to monitor situation n update but mechanic informed me that my fan is breaking down soon.Will like to say hi to another forumer that I met and also thank Aaron and lkm for all the wonderful feedback and recommendations. Really very beneficial for new owners like me. View attachment 64237

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

wegona;1099976 said:
Just did my valve seals, engine mount, brake fluid, water system, ignition coil and spark plug change at WCA yesterday. Spent whole day with the mechanic and was very pleased with their knowledge and dedication. Was a person who won't date to drive into jb but after this experience I would highly recommend those with 2nd thoughts to follow GPS and go to this shop. Car is now a true BMW...Will continue to monitor situation n update but mechanic informed me that my fan is breaking down soon.Will like to say hi to another forumer that I met and also thank Aaron and lkm for all the wonderful feedback and recommendations. Really very beneficial for new owners like me. View attachment 64237

Francis and his WS is an open secret for some time now and it's good to hear your positive experiences.

Btw your engine internals is very clean :)

The internal looks like its made of gold!!!

This is a known problem on the E90 which many have solved by replacing the valve cover gasket and valve seals.

Does this also happen to E92? My E92 335, after almost 7 years is showing its first sign of losing 1/4 of a litre of Engine Oil since after 2500 km from the last oil change. Same trouble cooking?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahbengdriver;1102385 said:
This is a known problem on the E90 which many have solved by replacing the valve cover gasket and valve seals.

Does this also happen to E92? My E92 335, after almost 7 years is showing its first sign of losing 1/4 of a litre of Engine Oil since after 2500 km from the last oil change. Same trouble cooking?

High chance same problem

Red_Bean_Bun;1102429 said:
You visually checked it or you guessing ?

WHAT DO U EXPECT?

This problem really can't have any visual. In my case, no leakage but EO still disappearing. Half the timing wondering if I should get it done but after gg jb, I have no regrets. Almost a month now n EO not disappearing w more power. Price of repairing in jb more than half price less than spore.

Aaron_BMW;1102438 said:
WHAT DO U EXPECT?
Hi Aaron can intro me the stockies , wshop n cost of the replacement. Tks

Rexter;1103063 said:
Hi Aaron can intro me the stockies , wshop n cost of the replacement. Tks

Ok, PM u now........

Bro, pls pm me the contact of valve seals. Thanks

Aaron, pls pm me the stockies and workshop..cost of repair .. Thank you

ctt28;1103233 said:
Aaron, pls pm me the stockies and workshop..cost of repair .. Thank you

Ok PM U now .......

Hi Aaron, can you PM me the stockist, workshop and all the related costs? Thanks.

Boxerboy;1104512 said:
Hi Aaron, can you PM me the stockist, workshop and all the related costs? Thanks.

Ok, PM u now .......

Aaron_BMW;931193 said:
Dear all,

Just for sharing so we can all help each other benefit from this.

Problem:
I had white smoke coming out from my exhaust after idling for a few minutes and the engine consumes the engine oil.
It is estimated that I would need to top up 4L of engine oil monthly.

Solution:
I bought my own Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket from stockies in Kakit Bukit area and brought them to a workshop to change.
Please note that this is NOT considered a top overhaul. This is simply just a replacement of the worn off valve seals which caused the engine oil to leak.

Downtime:
Down time is within the same day, morning 10am till evening 5pm.
I went to cut hair, massage and shop around while waiting.

After the service, car feels more powerful, no more smelly white smoke. I am a happier BMW owner.

Please see attached pics for easy understanding.
IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

My engine before opening up.

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

The arrow shows the valve location

IMG_1882.jpg

The arrow shows the tool used to extract the valve

IMG_1883.jpg

PM me if u need to ask me for the stockies or workshop, it’s easier for me to reply.
Cheers~!
Can pm the contact as well?

Thanks.

stepper78;1104825 said:
Can pm the contact as well?

Thanks.

Ok, PM U now.....

Hi Aaron, kindly PM me the stockist, workshop and related costs. Many Thanks.

SuperDarthMaul;1106117 said:
Hi Aaron, kindly PM me the stockist, workshop and related costs. Many Thanks.

Ok, PM U now........

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jalaliveco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back