Unpleasant experience at Labrador Park

Re: Unpleasant experience at Labrador Park

goggomobil;333542 said:
Hi All,

Went for lunch today at Labrador Park, parked at the car park and walked up to the restaurant. After lunch drove away and noticed that my tank was less than 1/4 full, when it was full before lunch.

Very suspicious started to think what could have happened, car was running OK, ,thought someone could have siphoned petrol but then this is Singapore, not some third world country - cannot be.

Stopped to check, no smell of petrol and no sign of leak. So last resort, check petrol flap, damn someone has levered it open, damaged the paint and bent the lock tab back and damaged part of the locking mechanism, and obviously taken about 60 to 70 litres of petrol.:furious:

Have to look on the positive side, the a-holes didn't do any worse damage, but no consolation feel very fed up.

So watch out if you are at that place.

if 3/4 of your tank equals to 60-70 litres, full tank is abt 80-90 litres ?

just out of curiosity, what car are you driving?

I was driving my wife's W124 Merc. When I drove down from there to the art gallery at River Valley Rd, I parked on a slight slope and the low fuel warning light came on. I am guessing that the tank capacity is 70-80 litres.

OMG! Has the economy gone so far down South that people have to resort to stealing petrol? It's sad people....sad....

goggo, maybe they saw u were driving a malaysian plated car. But sure had balls to do it in broad daylight. Well good thing they did not do anything else that would have further endangered your family.

malaysian plate car?

gee.....that sucks even more...doing it to visitor..neighbour...

Blame the govt. for all these..
Ppl are being pushed to desperation that they even have to resort to stealing petrol.
The world now... SIGH.

hahahha Herman, what an odd thing to say. Vote them out then

this stuff has been happening for decades already mate

Take my petrol, no big deal, at least my family wasnt hurt in the process. Or worse still i caught them in the act.

Its not very common in SG though.
This is by the far the first case of stolen petrol i heard about in SG....

I'm equally surprised that it can happened in Singapore. Was your car parked at The Olive Restaurant?

Singapore Explorer

Should publish it at stomp or the press so that other drivers are aware of such incident.

I was at the Villa Seafood Galleria, I think it shares the same carpark as the Olive.

Hard to believe this happened in Singapore however this incident hasn't changed my view that Singapore is one of the most secure places to be.

Read in recent articles that in US, petrol thefts are increasing due to high oil price. The thefts are e.g. sucking out other parked cars' petrol or simply fill up at petrol stations and drive off without paying.

Bad times will lead to increase in theft....

maybe its time to convert to CNG.....dun think they can steal that !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88mobiletoday

Latest posts

Back