Unpleasant experience at Labrador Park

goggomobil

Hi All,

Went for lunch today at Labrador Park, parked at the car park and walked up to the restaurant. After lunch drove away and noticed that my tank was less than 1/4 full, when it was full before lunch.

Very suspicious started to think what could have happened, car was running OK, ,thought someone could have siphoned petrol but then this is Singapore, not some third world country - cannot be.

Stopped to check, no smell of petrol and no sign of leak. So last resort, check petrol flap, damn someone has levered it open, damaged the paint and bent the lock tab back and damaged part of the locking mechanism, and obviously taken about 60 to 70 litres of petrol.:furious:

Have to look on the positive side, the a-holes didn't do any worse damage, but no consolation feel very fed up.

So watch out if you are at that place.

Re: Unpleasant experience at Labrador Park

goggomobil;333542 said:
Hi All,

Went for lunch today at Labrador Park, parked at the car park and walked up to the restaurant. After lunch drove away and noticed that my tank was less than 1/4 full, when it was full before lunch.

Very suspicious started to think what could have happened, car was running OK, ,thought someone could have siphoned petrol but then this is Singapore, not some third world country - cannot be.

Stopped to check, no smell of petrol and no sign of leak. So last resort, check petrol flap, damn someone has levered it open, damaged the paint and bent the lock tab back and damaged part of the locking mechanism, and obviously taken about 60 to 70 litres of petrol.:furious:

Have to look on the positive side, the a-holes didn't do any worse damage, but no consolation feel very fed up.

So watch out if you are at that place.
Hi goggomobile, sorry to hear of your experience and am quite surprised it happened.

Thanks for your update and i think it's darn nasty to know of such incidents to happen on our shores... are people that desperate nowadays?

Is there anything we can do about this?

Reporting to police, will the be increased patrols by police or park rangers?

I did call the police hotline, they were pretty helpful, even called me back short while later to tell me that the relevant police station had been informed and that action will be taken, I suppose this will be increased surveillance. Well done.

wow that sucks big time.. got such ppl around now huh.. i'll remember to park in more conspicuous areas from now on

you must be f*#king kidding! we know that petrol prices are at all time high, but to take the trouble to steal it from another car?!

Wah lau eh!!!

was the carpark crowded?

reason i am asking.

it's not easy to pry open the locking mechanism. mine jammed before, and had to get help to pry it open.

it's also not easy to siphon petrol out of the tank, as bimmers have a flap at the mouth of the fuel tank. another personal experience as someone ran out of gas and we had trouble putting in a hose to siphon out gas from my car.

to go through all that trouble, and at the risk of finding the car has very little petrol...

must have been carrying a damn long hose/pump. and quite a few jeery cans.

or parked next to your car and siphoned directly into his own.

how desperate is this?!

Bro jin... not alot la... something like $449,399 a year lor...

60litres x $2.19 less discount = $124.83
10 cars a day = $1,248.30
1 mth (30days) = $37,449.30

but he shld be caught by police in 2 days - if suspect is terrorist act!

but in bright daylight?

and what are the chances yu get to park beside a car with a full tank. or if suay kena one with nearly empty tank, like mine, kekeke...

and 10 cars a day?

hang on bro, you giving me ideas man!

this might work out to be a profitable part-time job. especially when we know all bimmer drivers top-up with premium quality fuel.

eh, you free or not this afternoon? let's go get a long hose pump...

jinooi;333598 said:
but in bright daylight?

and what are the chances yu get to park beside a car with a full tank. or if suay kena one with nearly empty tank, like mine, kekeke...

and 10 cars a day?

hang on bro, you giving me ideas man!

this might work out to be a profitable part-time job. especially when we know all bimmer drivers top-up with premium quality fuel.

eh, you free or not this afternoon? let's go get a long hose pump...
bro 12:53pm u still dreaming :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:knn want to buy 335i also not like tat find money !

sigh! any better idea?

mata kia, go to labrador park more often to chia hong!

when you catch the guys, let us know. we need free fuel!

jinooi;333604 said:
sigh! any better idea?

mata kia, go to labrador park more often to chia hong!

when you catch the guys, let us know. we need free fuel!
yes, we ambush the guy who steal the petrol ! ai mai u be robinhood!

sounds good! mata-kia, action stations!

i think break window steal cashcard easier. at least hand wont be dirty with petrol. :)

hitmee;333617 said:
i think break window steal cashcard easier. at least hand wont be dirty with petrol. :)
if u use the pump like those use to change fish tank water, is very clean !
think best dun happen to you, ur 335 window or petrol lock/cover/cap more expensive than the stolen petrol :lol2:

but after that u still need to carry 3/4 tank of petrol away. sounds heavy man.....

for free petrol, nothing is heavy man. :nehnehhh: :lol2: :lol2:

I am very surprise this actually happened in Singapore. The carpark over there is very open and i am surprise it happened.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88mobiletoday

Latest posts

Back