Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

Re: Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

dimebag;1069113 said:
Does anyone know how to (if possible):
1. Disable the START/STOP function so that i don't have to press it every time i start the car
2. Switch off the multimedia screen

Yes, i admit it's annoying. Sometimes when I forget to disable, people look at me as if I stalled my engine. Haha.

It can be easily fixed with some coding. Think some of the peeps/ vendors here are providing coding services.

I'm looking to disable too!

Yes, it's 316 with ASS used & 3 Adults in car mostly

Does anyone know how to reset the mileage for every drive? Also, i was testing out the controls and for the instr. cluster display i unchecked the date. Now even when i check it it won't appear on the instr. cluster. Anyone knows anything about this?

dimebag;1071641 said:
Does anyone know how to reset the mileage for every drive? Also, i was testing out the controls and for the instr. cluster display i unchecked the date. Now even when i check it it won't appear on the instr. cluster. Anyone knows anything about this?

For F30, there's a black button at the left side of the instruments panel for reset the trip meter. You cannot reset the onboard mileage counter.

splee;1071648 said:
For F30, there's a black button at the left side of the instruments panel for reset the trip meter. You cannot reset the onboard mileage counter.

Oic so that's what it's for. Thanks! Know anything about the date not displaying on the instr. cluster?

dimebag;1071669 said:
Oic so that's what it's for. Thanks! Know anything about the date not displaying on the instr. cluster?

did you press/toggle the BC button at the tip of your signal stalk or not? signal stalk is the one on your left side of the steering wheel hor :p

kon;1071776 said:
did you press/toggle the BC button at the tip of your signal stalk or not? signal stalk is the one on your left side of the steering wheel hor :p

Will try it later! What is the purpose of that button?

dimebag;1071777 said:
Will try it later! What is the purpose of that button?

to eject passenger *kaboom*

Does anyone know how to deactivate the passenger side airbag? Can't seem to find the button at the side of the aircon vent as what is stated in the manual.

hurrican3;1072640 said:
Does anyone know how to deactivate the passenger side airbag?.

u must really hate ur passenger....

Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

hurrican3;1072640 said:
Does anyone know how to deactivate the passenger side airbag? Can't seem to find the button at the side of the aircon vent as what is stated in the manual.

It may not be a standard fitment. If so, you can get it coded out. Contact RBB. But before that, read up and decide for yourself if you really want to disable the airbag.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/codewerx/83113-codewerx-services-bmw-e-series.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Noticed something interesting. If you are using car Bluetooth connect for making a call, then you switch your audio source to phone, and turn off the car engine... The iDrive still stays up as long as your call is active, and you are in Bluetooth range.

mn3t;1073012 said:
Noticed something interesting. If you are using car Bluetooth connect for making a call, then you switch your audio source to phone, and turn off the car engine... The iDrive still stays up as long as your call is active, and you are in Bluetooth range.

Juz switch the bluetooth off frm ur phone when engine off. A button nia. Engine jiu off liao

Ah yang;1073027 said:
Juz switch the bluetooth off frm ur phone when engine off. A button nia. Engine jiu off liao

Ya that's what I ended up doing. But a bit problematic in case you want to switch from car Bluetooth to your own Bluetooth headset. Anyway, just something I noticed. Thought I'd share.

mn3t;1073033 said:
Ya that's what I ended up doing. But a bit problematic in case you want to switch from car Bluetooth to your own Bluetooth headset. Anyway, just something I noticed. Thought I'd share.

Yah. Quite troublesome. Theres 1 time a gal cal wrong num n said hello darling i miss u so much... then realised she looking 4 chris. Heng..... cos wife wif me....

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoom mode - full screen when watching DVD
For those who prefer the full screen image, u can do it with the following steps.
When movie playing,
1) press the idrive "option" button
2) select other option
3) select zoom mode

U can also change the language, subtitle in this page.

Just noticed when u press and hold short cut keys 1 & 8 at the same time for 5s, it can erase all your short cut setting

Anyone know how to play from Bluetooth audio when iPhone is connected via the USB cable?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichthidaubongdatv

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back