The Difficult 2 car ownership decision

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
Haigh, life in Singapore is tough, and so tough until making decisions on what car to own next has to take into consideration one's age, COE trend, ERP forecast, feng-shui, ying-yang, minimum sum CPF, and of cos what your chao neighbour is driving or may change to....but this is a serious question requesting fellow hiadees to chip in. Those who usually love to talk kok and OT please try to refrain from adding salt to my wound.:oops:

Seen a lot of cars and tested them over last 12 months - BMW X6 X5 X3 m3 m4 535 528, don't like the current 3-er and 1-er, and tried the Evoque and Porsche Macan-S, Carrera, boxster.

So the argument eventually narrowed down to a german-car-only decision - an SUV plus 'something smaller and faster'. 4-door cars seems to be preferred although a good 2-door is not struck off yet.

So ...SUV + "car"....
option a - X6 + boxster?
option b - Macan-s + M3?
option c - Macan-s + M4? (this one a bit disgusting)
option d - Macan Turbo + my current laopok E90 320i with renewed COE.
option e - X6 or X5 or even X3 + M3/4?
option f - Used Cayenne + used Carrera

or any other suggestions from hiadees that makes sense.

Re: The Difficult 2 car ownership decision

Personally I will get a used M car or a porsche as my "fun ride" and probably a brand new SUV as my daily ride (any kids?).

I vote for boxster plus macan!

Both are the most fun to drive in their class and you have all grounds covered, SUV, 4 doors, topless, 2 doors.

And flexibility to adjust your spending for your budget, ie non-S, S, Turbo, GTS and their long list of options.

Seems to me , you would prefer a SUV and a sports car.

Ask yrself ths questions :

1. Is money any issue to buy the cars?
2. What is yr Sports car requirement ? Power ? Show off only ? Or driveability ?

As I know porsche purchase brand new from stuggart has 5 years warranty which is consider pretty good.

But most people said a boxster is not a porsche. I also dunno why :)

A Carrera is always one of those top in the list of sports car ...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1101979 said:

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Wah, you see TS no up ar?? He one time buys 2 cars leh?

I would even suggest a new porky cayenne Turbo S with a Aston Martin for the weekend drive. Lol.

Blacknight05;1101982 said:

I would even suggest a new porky cayenne Turbo S with a Aston Martin for the weekend drive. Lol.

choosing from his option................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I would go for Macan S and Cayman S

MTechnic;1101978 said:

2. What is yr Sports car requirement ? Power ? Show off only ? Or driveability ?

As I know porsche purchase brand new from stuggart has 5 years warranty which is consider pretty good.

Macan S + renew 335

Both power enough + 4 seater in case need to let go either one...

Blacknight05;1101982 said:

Thx for the high hat. If garmen return all my CPF tomolo then yes I will rush down and book a cayenne T-S. As for AM, I will buy a 1:5000 scale model.

Last edited by a moderator:

ngalan;1102001 said:
Macan s + M4

That's what one member of the family and a relative said. Both can cheong and both with reasonable road tax at 3L category.

MTechnic;1101978 said:
2. What is yr Sports car requirement ? Power ? Show off only ? Or driveability ? ...

Well currently I have an E92 335. Its a great car for what it is made for. The only points I didn't quite like about it(which will be the requirements I look for in the next car) is that it doesn't have adjustable suspension. The handling is reasonable but no where near a M or Porky.

I have looked around and ask myself if I still wanna drive fast occasionally up north, which car can even or beat the 335? Frankly, if you take asthetics into consideration besides performance, at a reasonable price range, there are not many in the current market. The M4 is great but terribly over noisy. The porky is not bad but its seats are so low its barely scratching the ground, sound great though with the sport exos. One thing - having driven 335 for so long, the next sporty car should preferably be TC-ed.

I would go for Option B, I'm biased though being a M3 fan.

I thought the 335's came with adaptive M Suspension? That's for the current F30 though.

Ahbengdriver;1102007 said:
Well currently I have an E92 335. Its a great car for what it is made for. The only points I didn't quite like about it(which will be the requirements I look for in the next car) is that it doesn't have adjustable suspension. The handling is reasonable but no where near a M or Porky.

I have looked around and ask myself if I still wanna drive fast occasionally up north, which car can even or beat the 335? Frankly, if you take asthetics into consideration besides performance, at a reasonable price range, there are not many in the current market. The M4 is great but terribly over noisy. The porky is not bad but its seats are so low its barely scratching the ground, sound great though with the sport exos. One thing - having driven 335 for so long, the next sporty car should preferably be TC-ed.

Ahbengdriver;1101964 said:
Haigh, life in Singapore is tough, and so tough until making decisions on what car to own next has to take into consideration one's age, COE trend, ERP forecast, feng-shui, ying-yang, minimum sum CPF, and of cos what your chao neighbour is driving or may change to....but this is a serious question requesting fellow hiadees to chip in. Those who usually love to talk kok and OT please try to refrain from adding salt to my wound.:oops:

Seen a lot of cars and tested them over last 12 months - BMW X6 X5 X3 m3 m4 535 528, don't like the current 3-er and 1-er, and tried the Evoque and Porsche Macan-S, Carrera, boxster.

So the argument eventually narrowed down to a german-car-only decision - an SUV plus 'something smaller and faster'. 4-door cars seems to be preferred although a good 2-door is not struck off yet.

So ...SUV + "car"....
option a - X6 + boxster?
option b - Macan-s + M3?
option c - Macan-s + M4? (this one a bit disgusting)
option d - Macan Turbo + my current laopok E90 320i with renewed COE.
option e - X6 or X5 or even X3 + M3/4?

or any other suggestions from hiadees that makes sense.

Congratulations in finding yourself stuck with this deliriously happy problem. I don't have any suggestions, I just wanna borrow some money off you.... can? :lol2:

OK, jokes aside, my 2 cents worth - based on the criteria you've mentioned: German-make, SUV & 'something smaller & faster', with a bias towards a sedan make.

Option (b) - Macan-S & M3 (I agree with you, no offense to any of the M4 drivers out there, that the M3 in its present iteration looks more proportioned than the M4) or,

Option (e) - X5 (only if you need to carry 7 for whatever reason) & the M3 (only if you need to carry 7 for whatever reason)

Anyway, it's a happy problem - and have fun solving it bro!

Looking at your requirement. I would suggest:
1. Macan S; &
2. Alpina B3.

Also got some people say cayman/boxster has superior balance due to the engine layout. But carrera is more practical cuz got 2 more seats and more space. This generation 981 just blow all the competition out of the water, judging from all the reviews around.

MTechnic;1101978 said:

helbreath;1102014 said:
Also got some people say cayman/boxster has superior balance due to the engine layout. But carrera is more practical cuz got 2 more seats and more space. This generation 981 just blow all the competition out of the water, judging from all the reviews around.

How are you lovin' your Porker GT3 bro?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betonstein1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back