Re: Sign up for Sepang Track Day 2 June 2012

humsup;826929 said:
Mea culpa. If this was about a white GTI going slow-mo, then that would me. Truly apologise if any potential danger was caused.

GTI? i saw you........you were not too slow..........fast, safe and steady

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

humsup;826929 said:
Mea culpa. If this was about a white GTI going slow-mo, then that would me. Truly apologise if any potential danger was caused.

Tuck and roll, hum sup lo!

Yah you better repent. Upload video and shame you then you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Racebred;826897 said:
It hits 130 when lapping the track. Premium say its normal, and since no limp home safety cutoff, I boh chap, just whack redline.

ou xiang no. 2

ac323;826932 said:

That must have been when Sulin was driving :)

Don't be sad, Mr. Humsup...

Shaun;826940 said:
Tuck and roll, hum sup lo!

Yah you better repent. Upload video and shame you then you know.

aiya, we all got to start somewhere ma... now my driving is kanasai but with practice and lots of data, I might one day clock a decent time.

Just not so long ago, I was but a shy and reticent fellow.

But with practice and lots of data (this one also based on video but got a few GB worth, all Japanese one, some have mosaic, some don't.), I am now a full fledged tiko peh.

ac323;826932 said:

kam siah... you probably saw my wife driving. I am the auntie driver in this household and was wearing the "sweater arms" cos the sun was out that day... Why?

Because I like peh peh, koot koot skin.

humsup;826954 said:
kam siah... you probably saw my wife driving. I am the auntie driver in this household and was wearing the "sweater arms" cos the sun was out that day... Why?

Because I like peh peh, koot koot skin.

oh i see......................didnt really see is it male or female driving.....

* will be good to track in a Indoor track then
cool
cheeeeeeeers

Shaun;826809 said:
Sorry to hear. No option for bigger/better rad? and/or bigger/better oil cooler with a good oil-water interface so the thermal loads are shared?

Yes there are bunch in July. They are awesome. Click foward to July. None in June. Sepang Circuit Track Days | Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia

Already upgraded the rad, may think about the water-interface oil cooler. One possibility suggested by my mechanic is that my radiator fan motor is dying. It's possible since I've been tracking without overheating issues until this past year. Normal street temps don't go much above 90C so the fans don't really get to kick in. So for my next outing I will replace the motors in addition to distilled water + water wetter, heater on full blast (last resort), and de-tune the engine (last last resort).

Racebred;826897 said:
Stis run very hot stock. Mine overheats by 2nd lap. Only way is to shortshift at 5500rpm down the 2 straights. That way, u can track until no petrol.

My s5 runs 123c on normal driving. It hits 130 when lapping the track. Premium say its normal, and since no limp home safety cutoff, I boh chap, just whack redline.

Heard that conti cars are designed to run hotter... any idea what's considered too hot for coolant temps for Subaru? Some say 105C, some say 115C...my oil temp maxes out at 117C which is ok, although on the high side as well.

Racebred;826355 said:

- I have booked 5 dates for 2013, all saturdays 9-12pm sessions. Pending confirmation of these dates by Sepang (to see if race schedule will bump us out or not), we should have them in Mar, May, July, Sep and Nov. Most likely I will have to throw in another RM2k as booking deposit. (our current booking deposit is 10k, making a total of 12k) FYI .....

Thanks Shawn -- nice and flexible :)

Racebred;826355 said:
... - Sepang actually provides RON97 petrol at rm2.90 which is the same pump price as outside. Is there demand for refill? If there is, I will arrange for it next td. If we do that, we need not queue up outside at petronas which has only 4 pumps with 97.

Yes -- definitely, Sepang RON97 will definitely save time.

Will be good if also Sepang can provide air filling (or provide hoses so we can fill ourselves) -- I think they have right at the pits ? Save a lot of time. Petronas only has 1 air station which is even worse ...

Elite;827053 said:
Will be good if also Sepang can provide air filling (or provide hoses so we can fill ourselves) -- I think they have right at the pits ? Save a lot of time. Petronas only has 1 air station which is even worse ...

Hose with chuck, probably will come in under 40 SGD. You want? Toss in trunk :)

Petronas actually has 2 air pumps. The other one is by the far left as you roll in.

Elite;827053 said:
Thanks Shawn -- nice and flexible :)

Yes -- definitely, Sepang RON97 will definitely save time.

Good idea. I'll go ask them as well. When discussions here are concluded I will transfer summary to the official thread.

What shaun says makes sense too. If hose is $40, and chuck is willing to do it for us, i could go buy a couple under bmwsg's account for everyone to use. Many ppl bleed their tyres for the track and if the pumps at petronas pichah, which happens often, then it could be bad to have cooled underinflated tyres to journey home with. If sepang don't have to lend us, maybe shauncan help the club buy a couple.

Gerald81;827031 said:
Already upgraded the rad, may think about the water-interface oil cooler. One possibility suggested by my mechanic is that my radiator fan motor is dying. It's possible since I've been tracking without overheating issues until this past year. Normal street temps don't go much above 90C so the fans don't really get to kick in. So for my next outing I will replace the motors in addition to distilled water + water wetter, heater on full blast (last resort), and de-tune the engine (last last resort).

Heard that conti cars are designed to run hotter... any idea what's considered too hot for coolant temps for Subaru? Some say 105C, some say 115C...my oil temp maxes out at 117C which is ok, although on the high side as well.

At tracking speeds, I wonder if a slightly slower radiator fan makes a difference?
Also I think it makes a lot of difference if u r referring to oil or water temp. I was talkingabout oil temp. My water is still at 90. If water temp hangs at 130c, then time to change heads liao.

I think in my subaru I considered 120c to 125c as worrisome. I'd back off when I see oil temps like that

Racebred;827123 said:
If sepang don't have to lend us, maybe shauncan help the club buy a couple.

Sure no problem man.

Every pit needs around 1 - 2 to take care of say 4-6 cars. So if SIC can lend us 10 - 20 of the air hoses and chucks, it would be great. It's not likely they will have this many to lend/rent out though. Especially ones with gauge and vent, whether integrated or separate. So it is likely that in the end, the trackers will have to buy or share their own hoses, chucks, gauges, vents. It's good to have to bring to other trackdays too.

Hose and chuck probably under $40, quality gauge with vent, under $100, so if a list can be formed of how many want which, and pay, I'll get my mechs to go buy the parts and put it together. Distribution can be at the next trackday.

Shaun;827303 said:
Hose and chuck probably under $40, quality gauge with vent, under $100, so if a list can be formed of how many want which, and pay, I'll get my mechs to go buy the parts and put it together. Distribution can be at the next trackday.

One set for me please! Obviously for fetish reasons because I don't go to the track anymore.

Where are the pics?

I didn't get any photos, but managed to record some onboard footage for a couple of hot laps:

[video=youtube;BjQns3yJ_Es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjQns3yJ_Es[/video]

Congrats Gerald, you dropped a bunch of time vs last one :) Any change to the car since Feb?

Tanzy;827451 said:
One set for me please! Obviously for fetish reasons because I don't go to the track anymore.

Need a few more if we are to get it going mate :D

Shaun;828730 said:
Congrats Gerald, you dropped a bunch of time vs last one :) Any change to the car since Feb?

Thanks mate! Have to admit that I did some fine-tuning to the car, so it's is now actually pushing a little closer to 285whp as compared to the Feb TD where it felt a little more sluggish, maybe somewhere around 275whp(?). That, and without my wife onboard this time (I'm not at liberty to disclose her weight of course :D ), I noticed that I was hitting about 200kph before braking for T1, as compared to 195kph in the Feb TD. Maybe I'm braking a tiny bit later as well? I can't really decipher from the data and I'm not close to consistent enough to tell anyway. Still all over the place really. In fact, considering the slight increase in horsepower and the absence of any passenger, I might actually have regressed a little :eek:

One lame excuse is that I was suffering from some understeer on right turns (especially T1 and T4) as my front left camber was way off (supposed to be -2.0 deg, but found out back in Singapore that it was only -0.5 deg, probably thanks to my kerb hopping antics at T8 apex).

Anyway as you said, I should be targetting sub 40s easily with close to 300whp, so there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. I just need to sort out the overheating gremlins so I can go longer with peace of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahh regression.. that bitch.

Email the data mate, I'll have a look :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jalaliveco