Servicing at the Performance Motors Limited (PML)

I think the information is available in BMW Singapore website:

BMW TwinPower Turbo Silver
- Longlife-01, 5W-30; and
- Longlife-04, 5W-30.

BMW TwinPower Turbo Gold
- Longlife-01FE, 0W-30.

BMW TwinPower Turbo Red (more suited for M high-performance engines...)
- 10W-60.

I would not use LL-01 for direct injection engine BMWs. LL-04 with lower SAPS would be my choice. the short oil intervals (<12k) and the low sulphur fuel in Singapore is suitable for LL-04.

Does the newer models like 3, 4 series improve on their reliability?

Its a BMW so the answer is NO. Plenty of CRITICAL engine parts made of plastic in the engine bay which harden crack and fail within the first 5 or 6 years of ownership. Plenty of stories of drive train failures for MULTIPLE reasons across the 3 or 4 or 5 series cars. Oil leakage from MULTIPLE points in the engine is SO COMMON that its not a defect but a feature. Engine and transmission mounts are changed every 4 to 5 years as well. Transmissions issues aplenty if you listen to BMW's tale of LIFETIME fluid for the poor ZHP transmission. Basically if you're worried about the maintenance costs you will prob wish to consider another manufacturer.

Not trying to scare but do a cursory search within each individual forum and youll see the failures im listing. all the best !

Was told by my SE that PML only provide replacement car for those 7 series owners and above if their cars were sent in for any issues. Is this true?

Last edited:
Was told by my SE that PML only provide replacement car for those 7 series owners and above if their cars were sent in for any issues. Is this true?

or u could wear a short skirt.

Singapore ADs r rubbish.The market is too small.U should see what UK or US customers get :evil:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bestsolicitors2112
Back