Servicing at the Performance Motors Limited (PML)

vwX3

Hi all, do pardon me if this topic has been raised here but I could not locate any such information.

Anyone any positive/negative encounters/experiences to share with regard to servicing and repair of your rides? I have not heard much about it and what I know is sketchy.

Thanks.

Nice holding area, address you by your Surname and normal BSI, nothing to shout about.

I see thanks. Will I have to wait long to get a servicing slot, especially since there have been likely a sharp increase of vehicles sold of late?

I always service at PML. I think their service is not too bad, but they don’t really check your car for issues unless you specifically tell them that you feel something seems weird. Not difficult to get a slot. I am just wary of workshops which will tell you this spoilt that spoilt and try to do unnecessary repairs or upgrades!

I always service at PML. I think their service is not too bad, but they don’t really check your car for issues unless you specifically tell them that you feel something seems weird. Not difficult to get a slot. I am just wary of workshops which will tell you this spoilt that spoilt and try to do unnecessary repairs or upgrades!

Thx for sharing. Sounds ok. I haven't heard of any serious complaint from BMW owners I know, so far.

Probably good for those who are still under comprehensive warranty including parts.Engine oil used is obviously something that they buy in bulk. If things like battery are not under warranty , it doesnt make any sense to go to PML or BIS who will charge 100 % more for an equivalent battery made by the same OEM company.And please don't get rims and tyres from PML - thats just stupidity unless u dont care how u spend ur money.I was generally quite satisfied with them during my warranty years but then I had nothing really major done - just routine servicing and oil change.

Probably good for those who are still under comprehensive warranty including parts.Engine oil used is obviously something that they buy in bulk. If things like battery are not under warranty , it doesnt make any sense to go to PML or BIS who will charge 100 % more for an equivalent battery made by the same OEM company.And please don't get rims and tyres from PML - thats just stupidity unless u dont care how u spend ur money.I was generally quite satisfied with them during my warranty years but then I had nothing really major done - just routine servicing and oil change.

Sounds adequate enough. Yes, agree that cosmetic accessories such as rims and tires are a no-go. Not only PML, but other ADs as well.

Don't know if it is appropriate to ask here ... but does the X3 "consume" Engine Oil (EO), as in often need to check on our own periodically and need topping up in between servicing intervals?

yes, i also heard that their rims, tyres and batteries are damn expensive. when i was driving a honda, i ever changed my tyres at kah motors when they had a tyre promotion, but they carry limited brands. so it's not always true that AD's tyres are most expensive.
my 5 series does not makan engine oil and no need to top up between servicing intervals which in my case is usually about 10 months. not sure about X3, but have a friend who used to own an X1 which needed topping every month, and later found to be leaking somewhere. it also depends on age, mileage and whether it has been properly cared for, right?
the other day, i just saw a 3-series (should be an E90 if i am not mistaken) being towed away. as compared to merc, i saw bmw on tow more often. kinda makes me think that i will not use the car beyond 10 years.

ahhh.. thanks..

I think different people experience different issues ba.. But it's assuring to read (though only few here shared) that there's not much of an issue with EO "consumption".

Is servicing at PML affordable compared to outside workshop? Paid 250 recently at outside WS

depends on the oil you use i supposed..

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

250 if its just an oil change is expensive. Most range from 129 to 189 for an oil change.

I am not sure how strict PML is when it comes to using the same EO that they use. If you're getting third party servicing, it is always good to ensure that whatever is used on your car (if the car is still under agent warranty) by third party adheres to the correct parts.

As long as your engine oil conforms to what's stated in your car owners manual the W does not matter.

Also just make sure the oil says BMW LL <- long life

May I check what is the correct engine oil to use? I think mine is using 5w 40.
Mileage at 150k currently.

May I check what is the correct engine oil to use? I think mine is using 5w 40.
Mileage at 150k currently.

I think the information is available in BMW Singapore website:

BMW TwinPower Turbo Silver
- Longlife-01, 5W-30; and
- Longlife-04, 5W-30.

BMW TwinPower Turbo Gold
- Longlife-01FE, 0W-30.

BMW TwinPower Turbo Red (more suited for M high-performance engines...)
- 10W-60.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back