RS4 beat M3 ?

Re: RS4 beat M3 ?

whats there to compare....audi good on roads..m3 good on track. bmw builds cars for different reasons i feel. if bmw really wanted a top notch handling car..then they shud hv gone 4wheel drive...we all know any 4 wheel drive will out handle a read wheel drive....but does it feel as good? dunno...i like both cars..but i see them as being in different category. lightest v8...vs a 4.2 torque monster...very obvious its for different folks.

eh medan frog! u just contradicted me...i still think...its for different buyers...croak croak.

exactly italian beetch....
for different appeals but the argument remains, both RS4 and M3 are in the same category so they are worth comparing every bit from tire valve to the odometer.

totoseow;226177 said:
whats there to compare....audi good on roads..m3 good on track. bmw builds cars for different reasons i feel. if bmw really wanted a top notch handling car..then they shud hv gone 4wheel drive...we all know any 4 wheel drive will out handle a read wheel drive....but does it feel as good? dunno...i like both cars..but i see them as being in different category. lightest v8...vs a 4.2 torque monster...very obvious its for different folks.
is 4WD really `the ultimate configuration' for handling? Howcum the 911 turbo handling sux so much compared to the GT3 even with so much more HP? Latest test done GTPorsche everybody said it sux.

caySman;226188 said:
is 4WD really `the ultimate configuration' for handling? Howcum the 911 turbo handling sux so much compared to the GT3 even with so much more HP? Latest test done GTPorsche everybody said it sux.

read again...i din use the word ultimate...4wheel drive will give u better traction. anywhere...u cant compare GT3 to turbo....one is born on the track...made for the track...

m3 is probably more weighted towards track than a rs4.

caySman;226188 said:
yes the M3 has really moved directly in to compete with AMG c/CLK and RS4, making it softer to appeal to people who preferred the E36 soft suspension to E46's stiff suspension.

This is greediness. Having reached the pinnacle, they were not satisfied, have to eat AMG and RS4, but in the process opening up their anus and perking up their backside.

totoseow;226192 said:
read again...i din use the word ultimate...4wheel drive will give u better traction. anywhere...u cant compare GT3 to turbo....one is born on the track...made for the track...

ah-men..................

totoseow;226192 said:

Sorry toto-man, when you wrote:

if bmw really wanted a top notch handling car..then they shud hv gone 4wheel drive...we all know any 4 wheel drive will out handle a read wheel drive...

I thought you meant that 4WD is `ultimate' because we don't have 1,3,5 or 6 wheel drive, and I cannot believe that you meant front 2 wheel drive is ultimate :)

Man you hang out too much with lawyers, bud!

totoseow;226264 said:
eh michael....u shud go out more.
LOL! Actually Mike is not using this account presently.

Anyway if it helps, sorry to question your wisdom, sir. Next time I see something questionable, I'll try to shaddap. Sorry sir.

We're all car lovers in here... can't we have a group-hug, kiss and make up?

Now where's Mock when you need him... :rolleyes:

axl;226343 said:
We're all car lovers in here... can't we have a group-hug, kiss and make up?

Now where's Mock when you need him... :rolleyes:
nah ... kiddin... just pokin' fun at the old man ...

maybe BMW will surprise us by whacking a twin-turbo to their 4.2L V8 and call that the M3 CSL? Now that will definitely be a curve-ball no one expects! Since the RS5 will be a twin-turbo 4.2L V8 as well.

Azrielsc;226383 said:
maybe BMW will surprise us by whacking a twin-turbo to their 4.2L V8 and call that the M3 CSL? Now that will definitely be a curve-ball no one expects! Since the RS5 will be a twin-turbo 4.2L V8 as well.

I dont think that will ever happen. The epitome of ///M cars has been always naturally aspirated. Its the M divisions pride and soul for every other //M car having said that. To twin turbo the V8s is being lazy to work on better engine technology and it would be nothing but a 4gs3 engine with improvised turbo technology for every generation. No offense to that statement i make to evo owners but its just sad to see if BMW does do that, engine technology would not be as good as what it can be. And in all honesty, it will come to a point where Honda will make better engines than BMW, seeing Hondas capability in such fields and a few pioneers where they can make 100hp per litre, including BMW themselves as they have proved in the S54 and the much awaited new E92 M3 S65 engine.

Azrielsc;226392 said:
Just something to think about!

hehehe...i know la.But M cars shud be NA i feel. Of all Merc, Audi and Porcshe, BMW is probably the only one that still sticks to NA for their high end flagships as opposed to Audis new RS5, Mercs AMG supercharged V8 and Porsches Turbo. Its really somethign to brag about!

elmariachi;226393 said:
hehehe...i know la.But M cars shud be NA i feel. Of all Merc, Audi and Porcshe, BMW is probably the only one that still sticks to NA for their high end flagships as opposed to Audis new RS5, Mercs AMG supercharged V8 and Porsches Turbo. Its really somethign to brag about!
AMG last time don't have nice engine. Now they have (their own) monster 6.3 V8 almost race engine like. Wow. They never see SC anymore.

Porsche Turbo is not flagship. The GT3 is 116HP/Litre car. That one is the flagship. So please, only Gaudi is turbo wussy, ok?

Re RS4 vs M3, here's the AutoExpress version:

Autoexpress issue 969
M3
0-60mph 4.9s
30-70mph thru gear 4.1s
50-70mph in sixth 6.6s
Weight 1655kg

RS4
0-60mph 4.7s
30-70mph thru gear 3.9s
50-70mph in sixth 6.8s