Rattles unavoidable?

Johnski

Guys, just wanna check if you guys are having this issue of rattling sound when driving top up. I understand this is an inherent problem in convertible as I drove a z4 e85 the last time. Just wanna check any bro got good ideas to reduce or totally eliminate them. I have changed the sound system to drown it, so that is not an option :)

Re: Rattles unavoidable?

Johnski;865501 said:
Guys, just wanna check if you guys are having this issue of rattling sound when driving top up. I understand this is an inherent problem in convertible as I drove a z4 e85 the last time. Just wanna check any bro got good ideas to reduce or totally eliminate them. I have changed the sound system to drown it, so that is not an option :)

I have asked PML to do some insulation, now not so much of rattles, bearable. but i have other irritating noise that remain unresolved, so roof rattles is easy for me as compared to that irritating noise.:biggun:

OldMasterQ;865532 said:
I have asked PML to do some insulation, now not so much of rattles, bearable. but i have other irritating noise that remain unresolved, so roof rattles is easy for me as compared to that irritating noise.:biggun:

Rod cant do anything about it?

jerms;865540 said:
Rod cant do anything about it?

I think he can, but i leave it due to some "constraint". Told you that day I have not settled yet...got it?

OldMasterQ;865544 said:
I think he can, but i leave it due to some "constraint". Told you that day I have not settled yet...got it?

Yup! wish you luck!;)

Johnski;865501 said:

I spray Silicon lubs on a cloth and wipe down the rubber, it stops the rattles..
Initially I had the rattles too and one day I just realised why when we collect the car it does not have sound but after a few washes and cleaning... the rattle comes and irritates the back when top up

SGD$10.50 per can.. its for rubber. DO NOT BUY GREASE, IT ACTS LIKE COOKING OIL AND HELPS HARDEN THE RUBBER

I bought it at a hardware store

Oh ok, so I should not use WD40 then. Just bought a can. Can I get the silicon lub from home fix?

Johnski;865785 said:
Oh ok, so I should not use WD40 then. Just bought a can. Can I get the silicon lub from home fix?

Yup... the silicon spray will state its for rubber seals, weather strips.. its temp range is from 32deg F to 312degF ( To be confirmed)... high temp kind because it will not boil or cook under hot sun.

It can be used for metal as well.. I will post the pic of the spary tonight.

WD40 IS A NO NO NO:naughty:

But anyone can teach me how to post pic? lol...always words but no pic

bkelz;865994 said:
Yup... the silicon spray will state its for rubber seals, weather strips.. its temp range is from 32deg F to 312degF ( To be confirmed)... high temp kind because it will not boil or cook under hot sun.

It can be used for metal as well.. I will post the pic of the spary tonight.

WD40 IS A NO NO NO:naughty:

But anyone can teach me how to post pic? lol...always words but no pic

go advanced

manage attachements

choose file

upload and done

leonardlp;866003 said:
go advanced

manage attachements

choose file

upload and done

lol... where is go advance!..... hahaha... i search

I have rattles coming from the AC at passenger side, especially audible when road surfaces are uneven.

Used to drive me nuts cos it's not a cheap car. Nowadays I adopt the ostrich mentality by turning up the volume :D

The silicon lube is for the roof?

Waverider;866025 said:
I have rattles coming from the AC at passenger side, especially audible when road surfaces are uneven.

Used to drive me nuts cos it's not a cheap car. Nowadays I adopt the ostrich mentality by turning up the volume :D

The silicon lube is for the roof?

ALL RUBBER.... lol... yup its for the roof rubber... i spray onto the clothe and wipe down.

Initially abit oily and cool feel but after that it seems to evaporate and leave a layer of the lub.

I don't spray cos it may get on to the paint work and have oil marks. saying this there will be no harm done to the paint and plastic

AC: do you have this problem since yr ride is the longest.. what do you do?

bkelz;866072 said:
ALL RUBBER.... lol... yup its for the roof rubber... i spray onto the clothe and wipe down.

Initially abit oily and cool feel but after that it seems to evaporate and leave a layer of the lub.

I don't spray cos it may get on to the paint work and have oil marks. saying this there will be no harm done to the paint and plastic

AC: do you have this problem since yr ride is the longest.. what do you do?

no i do not have this issue...............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

topless 8398;866621 said:
Hi bro,which hardware shop u got it from?
Can post add,thanks!

I bought it at a small hardware shop in Simpang Bedok beside the rim shop and prata shop

Can buy at homely hardware ( along changi road before SPC) or builders shop ( SG Expo) too

topless 8398;866621 said:
Hi bro,which hardware shop u got it from?
Can post add,thanks!

I bought at a hardware shop in Simpang Bedok beside the rim shop and prata shop
opps Shell

You can try Homely hardware along Upp Changi road before SPC
or Builders shop ( SG Expo) too

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member