PML vs PI

Re: PML vs PI

boysdontcryy;1123742 said:
Never bought a car from PI before. They don't offer warranty/have after-sales support one is it?

buyer just got to do some homework to be safe......be it AD or PI....the SE you deal with definitely must do a good job etc...

* luck plays a part too....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I have 2013 328 f30 bought it at 211k PI at tt time pml is 246k. Now pml unit is 135k and i can sell mine by myself at 125k. I noe ppl thinking is tt PI no gd but i had no problems with warranty. Btw my 328 is a sport model w sunroof compared to pml. Not tt pml is not gd but wat ppl pay wen they buy fr them is the car, the showroom rental, the managers, the ceos etc... hehe these r not free

Is very much dependant on your understanding of the supply chain and maintenance protocol of a car.

PI(UK specs) and Local AD cars are from same factory. If it is a Lemon, it will be a lemon regardless. Have you not heard/read how many new car owners sue PML over warranty issues?? Have you seen how some Chinaman dragged their new BMW by cows to AD China and smashed it to bits? Yes, PI ran away with money too - but these are usually people who never do their homework and go with those small time company, lured by the unbelievably low prices.

PI cars today are not just cheaper than AD but specifications are a lot higher as well. Yes, I checked line by line, and even checked its option value on the UK configurator to calculate my own OMV.

I am not a PI in case some start thinking.

I've bought more than 15 brand new cars from both parties(PI & AD) in my years of ownership including 1 x self-import. I never have any major issues....you just need to know how to maintain your car. Do not associate a mechanical breakdown, or a wear & tear item as a big issue : )

I've even bought Porsche from Huayang years back, and no issue too.

Infact, I just paid about $240,000 for a 530i M-sport (sunroof & etc more than AD) versus PML $295,000. Yes, PML offer 5 years warranty & free servicing. But for the $55,000, i can do my own planned services for the next 10 years - with some change in hand.

U must know the car well, buy the parts from parts distributor, have your own reliable workshop (1 that know how to code is as important as 1 who is mechanically proficient). Then there is nothing to worry, really.......

But if money is no issue, then nothing is an issue : )

Just an update - Received my G30 M-Sport few days ago....swee swee!! With highest $57K COE & $64K OMV, can't be happier : )

Now the Mods Begins . . . . .

Is very much dependant on your understanding of the supply chain and maintenance protocol of a car.

PI(UK specs) and Local AD cars are from same factory. If it is a Lemon, it will be a lemon regardless. Have you not heard/read how many new car owners sue PML over warranty issues?? Have you seen how some Chinaman dragged their new BMW by cows to AD China and smashed it to bits? Yes, PI ran away with money too - but these are usually people who never do their homework and go with those small time company, lured by the unbelievably low prices.

PI cars today are not just cheaper than AD but specifications are a lot higher as well. Yes, I checked line by line, and even checked its option value on the UK configurator to calculate my own OMV.

I am not a PI in case some start thinking.

I've bought more than 15 brand new cars from both parties(PI & AD) in my years of ownership including 1 x self-import. I never have any major issues....you just need to know how to maintain your car. Do not associate a mechanical breakdown, or a wear & tear item as a big issue : )

I've even bought Porsche from Huayang years back, and no issue too.

Infact, I just paid about $240,000 for a 530i M-sport (sunroof & etc more than AD) versus PML $295,000. Yes, PML offer 5 years warranty & free servicing. But for the $55,000, i can do my own planned services for the next 10 years - with some change in hand.

U must know the car well, buy the parts from parts distributor, have your own reliable workshop (1 that know how to code is as important as 1 who is mechanically proficient). Then there is nothing to worry, really.......

But if money is no issue, then nothing is an issue : )

Congrats on your new 530i. Yes, if the price difference is more than 50k (assuming similar specs), it is definitely worth the "risk". Pml really asking too much for the 530i this round. And their aftersales service is not really spectacular anyways.

@nautiboy

Found your posting when browsing for import car. I am thinking to buy new 2019 BMW X5.

Agent is selling new X5 around 350K. If you negotiate, I suppose 290K is probably the best you can get. Assuming you have full cash and have time to do the hassle of doing self-import, can you get X5 around 200K-250K?

X5 with good option has OMV of 80K on average. Therefore, a landed cost in SG is around 213K as below.

OMV = 80,000
Fee + RF = 25+220 = 245
ARF = 98,000
COE now = 35,000
Total = 213,245
(paperwork + shipping are probably less than 5K)

So without considering "peace-of-mind" that Agent offer, you could save 137K off the sticker price or 77K off the negotiated price (if you could negotiate down to 290K).

Correct me if I am wrong on the above.

I mean I am just tired that AD is jacking the price up and their offer is "peace of mind". I think with the price they offer so high, my mind won't be at peace.

@nautiboy

Found your posting when browsing for import car. I am thinking to buy new 2019 BMW X5.

Agent is selling new X5 around 350K. If you negotiate, I suppose 290K is probably the best you can get. Assuming you have full cash and have time to do the hassle of doing self-import, can you get X5 around 200K-250K?

X5 with good option has OMV of 80K on average. Therefore, a landed cost in SG is around 213K as below.

OMV = 80,000
Fee + RF = 25+220 = 245
ARF = 98,000
COE now = 35,000
Total = 213,245
(paperwork + shipping are probably less than 5K)

So without considering "peace-of-mind" that Agent offer, you could save 137K off the sticker price or 77K off the negotiated price (if you could negotiate down to 290K).

Correct me if I am wrong on the above.

I mean I am just tired that AD is jacking the price up and their offer is "peace of mind". I think with the price they offer so high, my mind won't be at peace.
Normally when you self import, the OMV will be calculated as higher by LTA because they will take the shipping, insurance, paperwork as part of the OMV. AD and PI knows how to 'hide' these fees to lower the OMV. Higher OMV would mean higher taxes and less savings.

If you have the time, you can try reading up the forum (search: self import) on www.hardwarezone.com.sg where a chap successfully self imported a vezel back in 2015-2016 with all the steps, costs, paper work involved and details. There was a post in the same thread that recommended 1 or 2 UK exporter of new european makes, not just BMW.

It is definitely doable, but just a matter of time sacrifice and footwork. Other issues will be different region maps, radio frequency, etc that you will most probably require coding to rectify, but hey, S$100K for time and some footwork is definitely worth at least 5 years of servicing + replacement of parts + probably some change for a trip to Maldives with the family!

Sharing my journey on my purchase from PI.. 530 m sport.

Was looking for a car to replace my E90. Initially I was interested in GLC250 and saw a promo at a certain PI (XXX) . Went there to see the car and understand how PI operate as this was my 1st time buying from PI.

From there I understand the different meanings of "available stock". Available stock could mean 1) the car is on the way from Port of origin 2) the car is in port, not clear custom 3) the car is in port, clear tax(VITAS) 4) the car is in the showroom waiting to clear VICOM inspection and lastly the car is available for immediate registration. So potential buyer needs to find out the status of available stock as different stages could take few months to settle the custom, tax, and inspection.

After finding out more from XXX, I further understand the warranty. Some PIs offer 3rd party warranty. It means ur warranty is covered by insurance company and the cost of this purchase is borne by the PI. This is to safeguard the buyer in case PI or the assigned workshop close down. Some PI offered in-house/external workshop warranty. Normally the warranty is 3 or 5 years or 100k km depending on the model.

After finding out the price from PI, I went over to AD to compare the price. I remembered that was during the week before car show in Jan. I also took the opportunity to test drive the GLC250 (most PI dun offer test drive) . C&C offered me quite high overtrade for the GLC250 as compare to PML. Not quite happy with the ride, I went over to PML and check out the prices for 520 and X4. Both BMW model price is comparable to GLC250 but pml offered 7k over trade vs c&c 17k! Decided to test drive the X4 but probable during that time my decision was wrong is getting a SUV. Thus, I narrowed down to a sedan and sitting there was a chio 530 m sport looking at me. I asked about the price and a whopping 28xk was the reply.

Since I made up my mind on either 520 or 530 I STARTED to look around. Went to sever PI and most of them r selling the 520SE model which is to me a basic model. Price was abt 20-30k different from the luxury line between PI and AD. I also went to ppsl to test drive the 530 and the sport mode really excite me and the price was 20xK for a 1.5yr management car. While looking around, by accidentally I FOUND PI Yyy selling a 530 m sport.

Saw the colour and immediate fall in love with it although the colour was not my choice colour. The price offered was 22xK! For that price I can only buy AD 520. Price was OK but the sceptical of getting PI car brought down my mood. Started to Google for info and most r quite negative. So I told myself I need to be very sure what I pay will deliver to me.

The SE said the car is ready to registered but I managed to convince him to show me the VITAS and he was surprised that I'm the only customer who ask to see that. Upon seeing the VITAS I knew the car is ready to registered. Start to do some bargain and ask for freebies. While sourcing for the car, I realised PI idrive doesn't come with Sg map and it cost 1k to install. During the bargaining, I managed to squeeze free map on the idrive. The warranty was by external reputable workshop for 3 yr. I told myself the saving of almost 60k is worth the risk for me to take.

Within 2 weeks of down-payment, I happily drove the car off from the showroom.

The decisions to buy the car from the PI are
1) cost saving
2) no delay, no hassle
3) most outside workshops are capable of repairing bmw as compared to many years ago where only AD has the skill and machinery.
4) can do basic 'mod' using BimmerCode or carly as outside workshops are not as strict as AD.
5) mapping is also available off the shelf.

The END. Cheers!

Congrats!
Handsome pay off with some effort spent.
This is definitely a good guide for me on my next purchase.
AD price is way over and their service cannot justify the premium paid.

Q. Can a PI get me a car indented to my spec

Was looking for a car to replace my E90. Initially I was interested in GLC250 and saw a promo at a certain PI (XXX) . Went there to see the car and understand how PI operate as this was my 1st time buying from PI.

From there I understand the different meanings of "available stock". Available stock could mean 1) the car is on the way from Port of origin 2) the car is in port, not clear custom 3) the car is in port, clear tax(VITAS) 4) the car is in the showroom waiting to clear VICOM inspection and lastly the car is available for immediate registration. So potential buyer needs to find out the status of available stock as different stages could take few months to settle the custom, tax, and inspection.

After finding out more from XXX, I further understand the warranty. Some PIs offer 3rd party warranty. It means ur warranty is covered by insurance company and the cost of this purchase is borne by the PI. This is to safeguard the buyer in case PI or the assigned workshop close down. Some PI offered in-house/external workshop warranty. Normally the warranty is 3 or 5 years or 100k km depending on the model.

After finding out the price from PI, I went over to AD to compare the price. I remembered that was during the week before car show in Jan. I also took the opportunity to test drive the GLC250 (most PI dun offer test drive) . C&C offered me quite high overtrade for the GLC250 as compare to PML. Not quite happy with the ride, I went over to PML and check out the prices for 520 and X4. Both BMW model price is comparable to GLC250 but pml offered 7k over trade vs c&c 17k! Decided to test drive the X4 but probable during that time my decision was wrong is getting a SUV. Thus, I narrowed down to a sedan and sitting there was a chio 530 m sport looking at me. I asked about the price and a whopping 28xk was the reply.

Since I made up my mind on either 520 or 530 I STARTED to look around. Went to sever PI and most of them r selling the 520SE model which is to me a basic model. Price was abt 20-30k different from the luxury line between PI and AD. I also went to ppsl to test drive the 530 and the sport mode really excite me and the price was 20xK for a 1.5yr management car. While looking around, by accidentally I FOUND PI Yyy selling a 530 m sport.

Saw the colour and immediate fall in love with it although the colour was not my choice colour. The price offered was 22xK! For that price I can only buy AD 520. Price was OK but the sceptical of getting PI car brought down my mood. Started to Google for info and most r quite negative. So I told myself I need to be very sure what I pay will deliver to me.

The SE said the car is ready to registered but I managed to convince him to show me the VITAS and he was surprised that I'm the only customer who ask to see that. Upon seeing the VITAS I knew the car is ready to registered. Start to do some bargain and ask for freebies. While sourcing for the car, I realised PI idrive doesn't come with Sg map and it cost 1k to install. During the bargaining, I managed to squeeze free map on the idrive. The warranty was by external reputable workshop for 3 yr. I told myself the saving of almost 60k is worth the risk for me to take.

1) cost saving
2) no delay, no hassle
3) most outside workshops are capable of repairing bmw as compared to many years ago where only AD has the skill and machinery.
4) can do basic 'mod' using BimmerCode or carly as outside workshops are not as strict as AD.

The END. Cheers!
How much did you get the 530 for?

1) cost saving
2) no delay, no hassle

The END. Cheers!

congrats, thanks for sharing, useful when considering PI in future

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taioffice2016
Back