PML vs PI

gotham

Hi experts,
Need your advices regarding to get brand new unit from PI or PML, since PI is much cheaper.
Please share your views, regarding reputable PI vs PML, assuming PML is 30-40k more expensive after all whatever promotion discounts.
Thank you.

Regards,

Re: PML vs PI

gotham;1113129 said:
Hi experts,
Need your advices regarding to get brand new unit from PI or PML, since PI is much cheaper.
Please share your views, regarding reputable PI vs PML, assuming PML is 30-40k more expensive after all whatever promotion discounts.
Thank you.

Regards,

if over-all spec is same same plus really got good saving then PI else PML........... ( also see waiting time too )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Do your homework !!!

Specs cannot be identical. So you need to list out the differences.

Other risks lie in the creditworthiness of the PI. Everything cheap at first but once something is faulty, everything is not covered !!!

if i can go to a reputable PI and save money, may make more sense. but what im looking for, PIs are not carrying...

supern0va;1113150 said:
if i can go to a reputable PI and save money, may make more sense. but what im looking for, PIs are not carrying...

probably can also look into aftersales service plus who to service your ride, warranty etc etc....( good to do an over-all check, no harm )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I don't think PI price will be much cheaper than PML if on same spec.

Juz look at OMV

After hearing the horror stories of a few PI who run away with the deposits, I better buy from PML. Peace of mind is top most.

Reactions: Goi

Valid points, but I am referring to those reputable PIs.
I just can't figure why the huge difference in prices, since warranty doesn't mean anything, and omv can't be 20k diff. In short, pml is just the most reputable PI?

gotham;1113176 said:
Valid points, but I am referring to those reputable PIs.
I just can't figure why the huge difference in prices, since warranty doesn't mean anything, and omv can't be 20k diff. In short, pml is just the most reputable PI?
Huge difference is price likely to be: No warranty for # years? lower overheads, etc.

PML is not reputable PI, PML is an AD of BMW Asia.

If you plan to buy new model, new version of engine, etc, then taking the PI path has higher risk. This is because PI workshops will not have the experience and equipment to service it especially those new techno stuff....

If the model already out for a year or so in Singapore and many workshops already experience servicing the "new model" car, then if the saving is >30K, then worth looking at PI path.

This is my opinion.

Bro i have been there, done that. Not worth it. I was considering 528i then and the price difference is sgd40k. So it's quite easy for the decision. Guess what, one of my piston break and that's the beginning of horror story. I ended fork out sgd3500 for the repair as the workshop claim this and that not covered.... After the repair, I went back the work shop for more than 10 times but could not get it done. I sold it and bought PML car - peace of mind! From experience sgd40k NOT worth it!!!!

with that so call saving there is always some risks. there is a recent case where a PI bro workshop lost his special wheel key....he went the whole spore n Jb searching for help to get the key to replace his punture tyre. heard PI end up approach PML to help also... end up LL they dun wan to offer... NB dun knw how that PI lost the key. take care and good luck.

Basing on my experience with PML, I will neither go with PI nor PML.

I will either go with MA for one of their M cars or just forget about BMW and go for other brands. No point in escalating to BMW Asia as well because contractually it is between buyer and PML. Just sharing my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

When comes to accident on door glasses....PI waiting time too long. PML shorter waiting time.

wow....that is true if your PI car get into issues that nobody knows how to resolve it, especially new model car...eg. M3/M4.

This is the link that a guy have issue with his new M4 and have BMW AD can't resolve it.....

Major engine problem!!

Bro, ad doesn't mean they won't fold up, just like not all pi cars will have problems.
at the end of the day, it is still heng suay situation.

I suggest buy via munich ... if cannot then buy from PML but never let PML touch your car ...

Got warranty like no warranty...

A new car not in singapore before does not mean PI cannot do it ... it is just longer waiting time for the car to be ready due to ordering of spare parts ... however can buy from PML or Munich or eng soon ...

my car a 335 n55 engine is not new in Singapore ... PML pen mark my beign leather, scratch my bumper, added a dent on my door side ... screw my dme ... crank shaft pulley damaged during the vanos recall ...

May be i have a cheap car so they treat me like a beggar to retify the fault they did.

1 thing i learn ... i got money also dun let PML earn. Let munich earn better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88comsite
Back