Petrol

emiffy said:
nivlekx,

thanks for the details. I believe the stock tires should be 205/55/16 or 225/50/16.

Could be your driving style :thumbsup: I'm using Shell 98 too, even on stock rims, I couldn't get 12L/100km. On well.

Thanks!

Mebbe you doing more city driving. City vs highway helluva difference. ;)

Was told by someone before... although I doubt how effective it is. He said weight carried by car should be as light as possible to help reduce fuel (logical). So in order to reduce fuel consumpion, he just make sure the petrol tank does not exceed half everytime he fills up at the station. So in this way, there is less weight carried on the car (a 70 litre tank means quite a lot of weight reduction?).

And he fills up late at night only so there is no evaporation....

Wonder any truth in those things...

Ermmm can I give my inputs from a E36 318i??
I do not know bout the rest but mine having 9km/L....considering its age.
To my understanding newer cars should have better mileage and all..as old cars have carbon deposits sitting/nestling in the engine..

JHLim said:
Was told by someone before... although I doubt how effective it is. He said weight carried by car should be as light as possible to help reduce fuel (logical). So in order to reduce fuel consumpion, he just make sure the petrol tank does not exceed half everytime he fills up at the station. So in this way, there is less weight carried on the car (a 70 litre tank means quite a lot of weight reduction?).

And he fills up late at night only so there is no evaporation....

Wonder any truth in those things...

There have been cases of bimmer drivers who do not fill up till the very last drop and this constant action caused the fuel pump to conk out :uhhh:

As for evaporation, I've read it too in a mag about an Ang Moh that holds the record, or something, for conserving fuel. Example was that he drove from Singapore to Malacca/KL (can't remember) and back with a full tank with a Impreza TS. He too recommended to fill up at night due to the cooler temp so evaporation is lessen...

Cheers & Merry Christmas! :wavey:

if you only fill up half tank all the time, Tay Ping Hui says your fuel tank will rust! hahahahahahahah!!!!!!! :laughlik:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back