Petrol

ok, valvetronic give me 8.5 - 9.1 L/100KM. Full tank can travel around 600KM+/-. I very good driver, follow speed limit :lol:

something must be very wrong with my stats....
mine is oni a 318ci and i'm doing ard 13l/100km.....
quite bad i guess.... every 1/4 of my tank can go ard 100km...
haha.... seems like i gotta do something to my driving style...

for smaller engines you will full throttle more, and ironically will surely eat more fuel than a bigger cc car. many 330i are doing 10+L only. It's like that one.

Racebred said:
for smaller engines you will full throttle more, and ironically will surely eat more fuel than a bigger cc car. many 330i are doing 10+L only. It's like that one.

Indeed, coz smaller engine for the same body size will naturally require more throttle to make it moves...

This should clear the myth that many think big cc car will always be more petrol consuming than a smaller cc car..

TripleM said:
Indeed, coz smaller engine for the same body size will naturally require more throttle to make it moves...

This should clear the myth that many think big cc car will always be more petrol consuming than a smaller cc car..

Jack, the aussie guy (is he aussie ?) can travel 1050KM for 3 quarter tank in Camry 2.0l amazing... :thinking: (info from Dec'04 Motoring)

Shell petrol give better milages :thumbsup:

calvin,
Shell petrol give better milages

Yeah, heard many claim so.. :thinking: ....
Back to the size vs fuel consumption...again the comparison shud be made between Camry 2.0 vs Camry 2.4, can't compare Camry 2.0 vs BMW Valvetronic 2.0..kekeke...
Conti cars are always more thirsty :screwedu:

TripleM said:

Coz Conti mah, euro currency high, can pay higher petrol price. hahahaa

OT... jack, ur sig very nice.. but, notice the dustbin beside ur front ??? spoil the nice scenery. :|

OT abit, I saw some bros here mention OBC in pre F/L 318i, does it come standard.

Thanks

calvin said:
TripleM said:

Coz Conti mah, euro currency high, can pay higher petrol price. hahahaa

OT... jack, ur sig very nice.. but, notice the dustbin beside ur front ??? spoil the nice scenery. :|

He can use this one :)

i removed the dustbin.

Calvin
OT... jack, ur sig very nice.. but, notice the dustbin beside ur front ??? spoil the nice scenery.

Yeah, aware of that, too heavy to remove at the time, some bricks in there hahaha....

Anyway, thanks bro
And Ryan of coz for the speedy n thoughtful service ...

Cheers and End of OT

really?

Hmm never really had a feel of the consumption of the newer 3's until now. Thanks for sharing.

So I should be happy that my 1989 E30 320iA actually averages 8-8.5 km/l right? :)

Anyone had better mileage based on the brand of the fuel used? Just curious.

:wavey:

My 1wk old 325ci gulped down 1L for every 7.3km... :errr: that is 7.3km/L or 13.75L/100km

I drive 80%/20% (City/Highway) and yes I tend to be a little heavy footed occasionally :oops:

Into the 2nd full tank and fuel consumption seems to be improving... guys, what is the average FC for a 325/330 pls? Was told that a new car would tend to drink more...

BobaSlim said:
My 1wk old 325ci gulped down 1L for every 7.3km... :errr: that is 7.3km/L or 13.75L/100km

I drive 80%/20% (City/Highway) and yes I tend to be a little heavy footed occasionally :oops:

Into the 2nd full tank and fuel consumption seems to be improving... guys, what is the average FC for a 325/330 pls? Was told that a new car would tend to drink more...

My 325ci is doing 15.4L/100km or 6.5L/100km :wavey: and my car is about 2 and a half yrs old.

Can't be bothered liao!

Azrielsc said:
BobaSlim said:

My 325ci is doing 15.4L/100km or 6.5L/100km :wavey: and my car is about 2 and a half yrs old.

Can't be bothered liao!

Sam, now I dun feel so bad since we have the same engine. I am doing 14.9L/100km or 6.7km/L. :dance:

My 320i was initially doing 12.5L/100KM... After about 18,000KM its now consistently doing between 11.5 to 12L/100KM... So I suppose the run-in time for BMW engines are slightly longer than the 10,000KM we usually encounter in Japanese cars...

nivlekx,

what size rims are you running on? What engine oil and what petrol? I'm struggling to get those numbers...

emiffy said:
nivlekx,

what size rims are you running on? What engine oil and what petrol? I'm struggling to get those numbers...

I am currently running the stock car which I got in June '04 with no mods. If I am not wrong, the tyre size is 225/55 with 16" rims.

Engine oil is as per what PML dumped into it... Its Castrol SLX if I am not wrong.

Petrol of choice, Shell 98... Although I heard Esso and Mobil actually give slightly better mileage...

nivlekx,

thanks for the details. I believe the stock tires should be 205/55/16 or 225/50/16.

Could be your driving style :thumbsup: I'm using Shell 98 too, even on stock rims, I couldn't get 12L/100km. On well.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jalaliveco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back