*Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

Re: *Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

Cant believe Tampanies mall carpark not in the list yet...added! f00kin hate that carpark.

1. Thomson Medical Center
2. Bugis Junction (avoid exiting from Bencoolen St side, Middle Rd)
3. IKEA (Alexandra)
4. Millenium Sq (Raffles Blvd Exit)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
9. Suntec City - humps at exit near Koi Garden - undercarriage killer.
10. Sentosa carpark besides Rasa Shangri-la
11. IMM Indoor parking
12. HDB Multistory Car Parks (avoid those w/ basement)
13. Golden Mile Complex
14. Changi Village Hotel Carpark
15. Sheraton Hotel
16. West Mall Carpark - undercarriage killer
17. Junction 8 - undercarriage killer
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
21. Meridien Hotel car park
22. Republic Poly car park
23. Paragon car park (coming up)
24. Vivo City cargo entrance
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
28. Punggol Plaza underground carpark
29. The CENTRAL@Eu Tong Sen St winds up very narrowly. Even though they have widen the path, I think long cars still gotta watch out for the walls.
30. Tan Tock Seng Hospital
31. Peninsular Plaza, Hotel & so forth.. freaking tight...
32. Thomson Plaza - now under construction - the exit is a killer for slammed rides
33. Paramount Hotel (east coast rd) - slope leading to lobby and coming down
34. Queensway Shopping Centre
35. King's Arcade basement carpark.
36. PML Sime Darby Sevice Centre - Watch out for the hump when descending from slope
37. Turf Club MCP - Intermediate level ramp, killer hump on the slope up
38. Quality hotel (balestier)
39. Sing Post Bldg (Paya Lebar)
40. People's Park Carpark
41. Wisma Atria
42. Novena Square and Square 2 ( after passing the alighting roundabout, there is a bumper hitter slope, have to pass at 0km/h practically)43. Goodrich wallpaper showroom.. go slow on the downramp into the carpark entrance
43. Jurong East Central HDB MSCP (the one next to NTUC) Have seen many many marks on the walls/barriers
44. Sakai Sushi's carpark at Tradehub 21, next to Chervons
45. Raffles Town Club at Whitley/Bukit Timah rd junction
46. Centrepoint i think level 4 or 5, quite bad, be careful when turning left as the kerb is very high but can't see properly in mirror.
47. Gleneagles Medical Centre's underground carpark - SUPER narrow (when coming up from B2)
48. Bukit Batok Central Blk 622A MCP (opp. West Mall) - SUPER SUPER narrow (when exiting / going down)
49. Clementi HDB carpark? The one near the hawker center and NTUC...park there sure kenna bird sh*t....100% hehe
50. the open space carpark next to Orchard Building (behind Orchard Shopping Centre). every time park there, every time kanna bird shit one...
51. Royal Plaza Hotel ( not quite sure if its the correct name, the last time i went, certain levels of the carpark was under reno, and very bad upslope. )
52. NEX shopping mall Serangoon (gets really jammed up during peak hours, aka lunch hour, usually exiting carpark results in jams at slope, quite narrow)
53. Tampanies Mall underground carpark (kills all cars)

wow this is a pretty long lists, BUT i have only been stuck or struck at one place which is...................

3. IKEA (Alexandra)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
11. IMM Indoor parking
13. Golden Mile Complex
15. Sheraton Hotel
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
29. The CENTRAL@Eu Tong Sen St winds up very narrowly. Even though they have widen the path, I think long cars still gotta watch out for the walls.
32. Thomson Plaza - now under construction - the exit is a killer for slammed rides
36. PML Sime Darby Sevice Centre - Watch out for the hump when descending from slope
41. Wisma Atria
42. Novena Square and Square 2 ( after passing the alighting roundabout, there is a bumper hitter slope, have to pass at 0km/h practically)43. Goodrich wallpaper showroom.. go slow on the downramp into the carpark entrance
43. Jurong East Central HDB MSCP (the one next to NTUC) Have seen many many marks on the walls/barriers
46. Centrepoint i think level 4 or 5, quite bad, be careful when turning left as the kerb is very high but can't see properly in mirror.
47. Gleneagles Medical Centre's underground carpark - SUPER narrow (when coming up from B2)
48. Bukit Batok Central Blk 622A MCP (opp. West Mall) - SUPER SUPER narrow (when exiting / going down)
49. Clementi HDB carpark? The one near the hawker center and NTUC...park there sure kenna bird sh*t....100% hehe
50. the open space carpark next to Orchard Building (behind Orchard Shopping Centre). every time park there, every time kanna bird shit one...
51. Royal Plaza Hotel ( not quite sure if its the correct name, the last time i went, certain levels of the carpark was under reno, and very bad upslope. )
52. NEX shopping mall Serangoon (gets really jammed up during peak hours, aka lunch hour, usually exiting carpark results in jams at slope, quite narrow)
54. 371 Upper Paya Lebar Road, Yi Kai Court, Paya Lebar ( killer exit, ╔ shape exit with a pillar on your right. the only carpark i had ever got stuck)

3. IKEA (Alexandra)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
11. IMM Indoor parking
13. Golden Mile Complex
15. Sheraton Hotel
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
41. Wisma Atria
54. 371 Upper Paya Lebar Road, Yi Kai Court, Paya Lebar ( killer exit, ╔ shape exit with a pillar on your right. the only carpark i had ever got stuck)
55. SGX Center 2 (stock 323i) - ENTERING: Acute angle to align your car to the Parking Machine to insert your cashcard. All the scrape marks on the concrete base of the machine are the best evidence of danger. EXITING: Right as you turn out to Boon Tat Link, VERY NARROW turn and slight downslope. So you lose sight of the side concrete barriers. Lotsa scape marks to prove what damage had been done to other cars!

added my recent weekend 'experience'...

3. IKEA (Alexandra)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
11. IMM Indoor parking
13. Golden Mile Complex
15. Sheraton Hotel
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
41. Wisma Atria
55. SGX Center 2 (stock 323i) - ENTERING: Acute angle to align your car to the Parking Machine to insert your cashcard. All the scrape marks on the concrete base of the machine are the best evidence of danger. EXITING: Right as you turn out to Boon Tat Link, VERY NARROW turn and slight downslope. So you lose sight of the side concrete barriers. Lotsa scape marks to prove what damage had been done to other cars!
56. Bukit Timah Shopping Center - Upper Bukit Timah Road. M-sport suspension with 2 passengers, entrance hump, MASSIVE hit on mid section :-(

Why is Tampines Mall basement carpark a killer? Although the ramp is narrow, my fatty can still go up and down quite fine, and have been doing so for all my cars since 10yrs ago. Tampines Mall carpark is all right lah

Simiarly Orchard Cineleisure carpark is also quite ok leh.

IMHO, all these &%^$*# architects are either "car-less" or drive a tiny sports car. Some of these parking lots are so bloody narrow that they only cater for the car to go in, but never cater people to open the doors!

Some of the car parks are designed with 90 degree turns. Case in point is Burlington Square like what some of the forummers here mentioned. That architect must be playing Tron's Light Bike while designing the car park.

I think the list will keep on expanding as long as architects or developers place emphasis on the shopping outlets and not the car parks.

er.

why no one mention Clifford Centre Car Park?

Azrielsc;218838 said:
Cineleisure is that bad... just go slow loh. Worse is Burlington Square with all the pillars at weird places!

Yes Burlington Square sucks.! recently, i went to Far East Plaza Car Park A - equally bad.
:shoot:

3. IKEA (Alexandra)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
11. IMM Indoor parking
13. Golden Mile Complex
15. Sheraton Hotel
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
41. Wisma Atria
56. Bukit Timah Shopping Center - Upper Bukit Timah Road. M-sport suspension with 2 passengers, entrance hump, MASSIVE hit on mid section :-(
57. Plaza Singapura - from rooftop to one level down, worst experience, still have nightmares
58. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple carpark

This list like covers all major buildings in Sg liao.

Liang court

Shaw center

Peoples park complex next to the majestic cinema.

28) Funan IT mall (Tight 90 Degree Turn in most of the conners)
29) HDB Carpark next to Parkway parade ( Super tight parking spaces, 90 degree ascending & descending ramp)

GLHF!!! :D

520i;804091 said:
3. IKEA (Alexandra)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
11. IMM Indoor parking
13. Golden Mile Complex
15. Sheraton Hotel
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
24. Vivo City cargo entranceC
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
41. Wisma Atria
57. Plaza Singapura - from rooftop to one level down, worst experience, still have nightmares
58. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple carpark
59. Elias Mall, Pasir Ris (car park is narrow with very narrow ramp and tight turns)

people's park complex slots damn small. i doubt any wide lambo can survive this place unscathed.

Pandan valley condo multistorey carpark..... super narrow ramps..... wife has scratched car twice!!!!

Anybody been to gallery hotel underground car park? Robertson quay. Nearing the end of the downslope into the carpark, there is this rectangular pillar that's in the middle of nowhere.....sigh.... why.

King Albert Park Cold Storage car park, entrance and exit, should hit the undercarriage!

14. Changi Village Hotel carpark.

Anyone has recent experience? I am going there this weekend. Advisable to drive a 7-series in?

Hi, any bro or sis driving a f10 can share your encounter of parking at Asia Square Tower 1 carpark, is it easy or stressful pls? :helpp!:

Cloverman;985980 said:
Hi, any bro or sis driving a f10 can share your encounter of parking at Asia Square Tower 1 carpark, is it easy or stressful pls? :helpp!:

Just went Asia square. not sure if it's building 1. The ramp up is long but not exactly small. I find it ok. My car is about the same car length as yours. Should be fine for you =) Just be vigilant as the turning is a bit weird like anti clockwise and such.

Back